Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

I'm looking for some help - I bought my first .308 (7.62 x 51) rifle, a PTR91. I know nothing of the ammo and I'm looking for some suggestions on decent range ammo at a good price. I found this, and I know Lake city makes good 5.56. Thoughts?

https://www.ammoman.com/7-62x51mm-14...ty-500#reviews
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    I'm looking for some help - I bought my first .308 (7.62 x 51) rifle, a PTR91. I know nothing of the ammo and I'm looking for some suggestions on decent range ammo at a good price. I found this, and I know Lake city makes good 5.56. Thoughts?

I prefer the European surplus for the same price. It's much more accurate. As long as it doesn't have an engine, I'm ok with European stuff.

Hirtenberger, Swiss, German MEN, & Lithuanian GGG has almost match grade accuracy.

https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/rifle...in-762x51-ammo

(Lehigh County)

I don't shoot that caliber but I do find lots of LC 5.56 brass at the range which I pick up and reload so lots of AR shooters use it.
    NRA Life Member

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post

They are loaded for Federal by the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant in Missouri, on the same production lines that make small arm ammo for the US military. ATK, Federal's parent company, is the contracted civilian operator for the otherwise wholly-Federal Government-owned DoD facility. ATK is contractually allowed to use the Plant's spare capacity for commercial purposes. Essentially, those are the very same same ammo issued to our troops. You might say that they are THE standard for 7.62mm NATO rounds.

What I am really trying to say is, they are good to go.

I think i'm gonna hold off on buying any more shit at this point.
    It might be a wrong play, but I'm not feeling it just yet.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    I prefer the European surplus for the same price. It's much more accurate. As long as it doesn't have an engine, I'm ok with European stuff.

Hirtenberger, Swiss, German MEN, & Lithuanian GGG has almost match grade accuracy.

https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/rifle...in-762x51-ammo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
    They are loaded for Federal by the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant in Missouri, on the same production lines that make small arm ammo for the US military. ATK, Federal's parent company, is the contracted civilian operator for the otherwise wholly-Federal Government-owned DoD facility. ATK is contractually allowed to use the Plant's spare capacity for commercial purposes. Essentially, those are the very same same ammo issued to our troops. You might say that they are THE standard for 7.62mm NATO rounds.

What I am really trying to say is, they are good to go.

Thanks guys, I certainly appreciate the input on ammo and will take the advice, but I'll keep my European car!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    If you put the rear BUIS behind the optic as far back as possible, it literally disappears for me.
    That's the whole idea. A ghost ring is supposed to disappear. Your brain will subconsciously aligning your eye with the center of the ring, then you just look at the front post. If you have it that far forward, you're just making your eye work harder to see through the hole. (This is also why ghost rings on handguns make absolutely zero sense.)

By all means though, do what works for you. 'It's a free country" after all... for now.

Edit: Scratch what I said about it being a free country. Just realized you're from NJ.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    HST on sale for .40/round. Add to cart. 400 shipped for 1000 rounds in 50 round boxes!

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/fede...t2-p-3547.aspx
    What kind of math is that? 20 boxes equals 1000 rounds $400 I guess you meant. It’s late, my cyphering skills are going.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    COMBAT ARMORY DEALS AGAIN!

TAKE15 CODE ACTIVE.

$99 7.5" OR 16" UPPER
    $55 BCG
    $34 LPK
    $15 Charging handle

Add a lower, a stock/buffer kit, along with a mag and sight , and your under $300

AR discounts has aero complete buffer assembly and cheap brand stocks to keep a little standards and come in damn low.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    That's the whole idea. A ghost ring is supposed to disappear. Your brain will subconsciously aligning your eye with the center of the ring, then you just look at the front post. If you have it that far forward, you're just making your eye work harder to see through the hole. (This is also why ghost rings on handguns make absolutely zero sense.)

By all means though, do what works for you. 'It's a free country" after all... for now.

Edit: Scratch what I said about it being a free country. Just realized you're from NJ.
    Nice dig. Well played.

I'll consider trying again with moving the rear BUIS all the way back and experiementing with it there, to see if my brain is smart enough to work on the subconscious level.
    If that is indeed how the "ghost" ring is supposed to work, what's the point of the smaller peep hole in that case?
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

Page 1588 of 2598 FirstFirst ... 588108814881538157815841585158615871588158915901591159215981638168820882588 ... LastLast