Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    There are only a few YouTube reviews on it but they all say it's sturdier then the A3. I think for anything chambered over 223/5.56 it would be a benefit.
    I found this vid which, while not of the highest production value, shows several braces in side by side comparisons from all angles.

I had never seen one from the back. That "split/overlap" thing would drive me crazy.

Other than for guns with "heavier recoil" that you mentioned above, I'm not finding any compelling reason to spend $100+ for one of these SB Tactical braces instead of $50 for a Shockwave Blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I found this vid which, while not of the highest production value, shows several braces in side by side comparisons from all angles.

I had never seen one from the back. That "split/overlap" thing would drive me crazy.

Other than for guns with "heavier recoil" that you mentioned above, I'm not finding any compelling reason to spend $100+ for one of these SB Tactical braces instead of $50 for a Shockwave Blade.

Looks, ease of adjustability, and comfort are the big three. Another is they allow more surface contact area if shouldering (we all know that’s what’s going on) then the KAK.

Definitely worth the extra $50.00 for me but a $100.00 is my limit on them. I won’t pay over that for any configuration.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Looks, ease of adjustability, and comfort are the big three. Another is they allow more surface contact area if shouldering (we all know that’s what’s going on) then the KAK.

Definitely worth the extra $50.00 for me but a $100.00 is my limit on them. I won’t pay over that for any configuration.
    You could use one of these to help keep your buffer tube and rifle from getting "dirty". Or if you have an SBR or a rifle with a barrel that is 16+ in length, these are good to go. Or if you simply want to use one of these when leaning your rifle up against a wall, this will keep it out of the dirt...

https://ic13.us/product/sbp-blade-protector/

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    You could use one of these to help keep your buffer tube and rifle from getting "dirty". Or if you have an SBR or a rifle with a barrel that is 16+ in length, these are good to go. Or if you simply want to use one of these when leaning your rifle up against a wall, this will keep it out of the dirt...

https://ic13.us/product/sbp-blade-protector/

All NFA rules apply. Not legal for use on pistols. In purchasing this product, I understand that installing this product on a handgun with a barrel length of less than 16 inches results in the re-design of the firearm and constitutes the making of a SBR.
    If you're going to go for the felony, you may as well put a regular stock on your pistol. Same result. Why dick around with an inferior alternative and face the same consequences.

In other words, don't do it.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Allegheny County)

Must be a bunch of homos if you can't shoot an AR with a Blade.

Maybe shooting a "class" with it would be unpleasant, but seriously, it's not that uncomfortable in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    If you're going to go for the felony, you may as well put a regular stock on your pistol. Same result. Why dick around with an inferior alternative and face the same consequences.

I would agree and am more then happy with the options from SB tactical.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Must be a bunch of homos if you can't shoot an AR with a Blade.

Maybe shooting a "class" with it would be unpleasant, but seriously, it's not that uncomfortable in the first place.
    Who you calling a Homo?

I don't have issues shooting a blade I just don't really care for their looks and like the options the SB adjustable braces give.
    They can go from me to my wife to my kids easily without having to loosen anything and then readjust.

(Allegheny County)

LOL! OK... how about "pansy"?

Yeah, I prefer the look of the blade to all but the SB3 and the PDW version (which I won't spend the money on)

For me, the blade is a gazillion times lighter, and less bulky physically, and it has sling mounts right where I want them, and I have no need to change the length, so in my case, I got lucky that the less pricey product is what works best for me.

So far, the only other one I'll consider is the SB3

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post

Who suggested going for a felony? I pointed out the draw backs and the site clearly points them out too. Its another option, out of many options, available to gun owners.

Page 1552 of 2594 FirstFirst ... 552105214521502154215481549155015511552155315541555155615621602165220522552 ... LastLast