Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    Didn't someone say the 20 rounders are less dorky
    No. 28 rounders are less dorky looking.

20 rounders are even less dorky looking!

(Allegheny County)

got it thanks lol

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by HSMaxim View Post
    I really want to get an AR in 7.62X39 but the Peyronie's disease mags are just sooo ugly in an AR.

Looks like a cartoon rifle.
    I can understand that - I think 9mm AR15s with Glock mags sticking out at that goofy angle look gay as fuck.

Here's pics of my 7.62x39 with three sizes of mags. I think the 30 rounders look dumb too, but it's growing on me because it's a way to immediately identify that rifle/pistol as a "man sized" caliber.
    The 28 round mags look fine and they also fit in many mag pouches designed for 30 rd USGI mags while only sacrificing two rounds.
    The 20 rounders look a bit odd too because I'm used to straight 20 rd 5.56 mags, but they serve a purpose.

I only own ONE 30 rd x39 mag - I bought it because I thought it would look funny in the pistol.
    I prefer the 28 rd mags and that's what I'll continue to buy from here on out.

Top to bottom: 30 rd, 28 rd, 20 rd

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    We'll see if the issues are addressed as rapidly as the AKV after MAC reviewed it the first time.
    So the controversy with the gun MAC got is his has a new buffer with only one guide rod. Apparently Grand Power determined that the second guide rod only added complexity and was not necessary for their upcoming roller delayed bolt in the Stribog Gen 3, which should be here sometime next year. As a result, GP is currently shipping all Stribog Gen 2 with this new buffer system. Turns out, that second guide rod prevents spent casings from getting down into the trigger mechanism on the Gen 1 and Gen 2 guns. Guess Tim at MAC was the first to encounter this problem with the new bolt/buffer.

So, if you do decide to buy new Stribog, it's possible that you could end up with the new "not quite Gen 3" bolt/buffer, and run into the same issues MAC did. Not sure what they're doing to correct the problem for non Gen 3 guns or if the new roller delayed bolt has something to prevent cases from getting jammed in the fire control group, in lieu of the second guide rod. MAC is testing another gun from GP, so I guess we'll see.

(Clinton County)

Maybe they'll put a MAC bracket in it.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Maybe they'll put a MAC bracket in it.
    The irony is they already had one by way of the second guide rod and removed it in order to simplify the design. Maybe the roller delayed bolt has something that fills that void. Haven't seen anything reported stating one way or another.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    The irony is they already had one by way of the second guide rod and removed it in order to simplify the design. Maybe the roller delayed bolt has something that fills that void. Haven't seen anything reported stating one way or another.
    Where can i find stribog info to stay up to date?

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I can understand that - I think 9mm AR15s with Glock mags sticking out at that goofy angle look gay as fuck.

Here's pics of my 7.62x39 with three sizes of mags. I think the 30 rounders look dumb too, but it's growing on me because it's a way to immediately identify that rifle/pistol as a "man sized" caliber.
    The 28 round mags look fine and they also fit in many mag pouches designed for 30 rd USGI mags while only sacrificing two rounds.
    The 20 rounders look a bit odd too because I'm used to straight 20 rd 5.56 mags, but they serve a purpose.

I only own ONE 30 rd x39 mag - I bought it because I thought it would look funny in the pistol.
    I prefer the 28 rd mags and that's what I'll continue to buy from here on out.

Top to bottom: 30 rd, 28 rd, 20 rd

Thanks, the 28 is definitely not as goofy looking.

I may look into the other mags mentioned.

My “man sized” pistol is in .308 with a .458 in the works.
    The .308 is easily identified.

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Where can i find stribog info to stay up to date?
    The best place would be the Stribog Owners Group on Facebook. It's private, so you have to request permission to join. The Owner and designer of the Stribog posts there frequently. Apparently there's a 10mm version in the works that I wasn't aware of until yesterday.

If you don't have facebook, AR15.com would be your next best bet - https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/STRIBOG-SP9A1/48-490394/?page=1.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by HSMaxim View Post
    Thanks, the 28 is definitely not as goofy looking.

I may look into the other mags mentioned.

My “man sized” pistol is in .308 with a .458 in the works.
    The .308 is easily identified.

I'm envious of your "manhood". LOL
    I've wanted to do a .308 for a while. Maybe one of these days.

Here's a thread I started to show the 3 mag sizes. C-Products Defense brand is the only brand widely regarded as "good to go", so that's all I will buy. I do have one 20 rd ASC mag - and I have to pull it free from the mag well. (it seems to function though based on very limited use)

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=351959

Page 1670 of 2592 FirstFirst ... 67011701570162016601666166716681669167016711672167316741680172017702170 ... LastLast