Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

I'm not sure I'm buying that.
    It would be nice to know what they actually make/machine.
    Do they make the barrels? I doubt it.
    Do they make the hand guards? No - I've identified those as Field Sport hand guards and the most recent one offered is identical to Radical Firearms.
    Do they finish the stripped uppers? I have no idea, but possibly, because I don't think the finish is as good as others.
    Do they machine bolts and carriers? I have no idea.
    I seriously doubt they are making charging handles or any LPKs

I'm just not sure what exactly they could be making in house.
    If it were my business, I'd be boasting about the things I make.
    All they ever talk about is "Our machinists", but there's no indication of what they actually "machine".

I like that they offer budget options, but there's still not that level of trust that I have with other companies.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I'm not sure I'm buying that.
    It would be nice to know what they actually make/machine.
    Do they make the barrels? I doubt it.
    Do they make the hand guards? No - I've identified those as Field Sport hand guards and the most recent one offered is identical to Radical Firearms.
    Do they finish the stripped uppers? I have no idea, but possibly, because I don't think the finish is as good as others.
    Do they machine bolts and carriers? I have no idea.
    I seriously doubt they are making charging handles or any LPKs

I'm just not sure what exactly they could be making in house.
    If it were my business, I'd be boasting about the things I make.
    All they ever talk about is "Our machinists", but there's no indication of what they actually "machine".

I like that they offer budget options, but there's still not that level of trust that I have with other companies.
    i agree and wish more of these retailers were more open about what is made in house and what is imported from other places.
    i can understand keeping their suppliers secret, that is common when private labeling to avoid people straying from the main brand to the often-cheaper private retailer.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    i agree and wish more of these retailers were more open about what is made in house and what is imported from other places.
    i can understand keeping their suppliers secret, that is common when private labeling to avoid people straying from the main brand to the often-cheaper private retailer.
    True but take into effect that they may also be prohibited from sharing said information due to the impact it may have on the company that is branding them.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    True but take into effect that they may also be prohibited from sharing said information due to the impact it may have on the company that is branding them.
    i think you reiterated part of what i was saying about keeping the suppliers secret.
    although you're right they may have very strict agreements that prohibit them from even admitting that the product was shipped to them Vs made on site.
    that's bad business IMO and as soon as an injury pops up, the manufacturer information comes out in the lawsuit. often non-american or low quality suppliers are hidden like that as well.
    we won't admit our product is actually made from potmetal by 4yo's and shipped to our "All American (assembly) Facility"

say aero sells overstock unbranded parts to PSA.
    PSA keeps quiet about who supplied the suspiciously familiar handguard that lacks any type of branding yet is very reasonably priced. PSA just says they are not made in house by a "insert nation here" company. protecting aero clients from people going to PSA for the lower price.
    however PSA also states that the barrel is made in-house. letting customers know that they actually manufacture the item.
    yet the upper is actually made FOR PSA by an unknown manufacturer and is not even a production model but a run specifically for PSA.(maybe a slightly different shade of black or some other minor change) PSA also states they were made for them as with the aero parts but not by them.

brands are just for example.
    PSA is pretty good with this iirc.

sorry to totally derail but it would really suck to find that "small American manufacturer" is actually just screening a logo on all outsourced mixed-nation parts they took the time to stick together for you. or maybe their "machinists" are actually only repairing or finishing inferior products they import.
    just as a random example.

i worked for a company that imported cargo containers of steel stands and their on-site welder simply corrected all the chinese errors and quality control, for example, making the damned things not wobble. then marked up the price and resold them.
    small American company with fabricators and such on hand, don't recall if they made any mention of it being chinese products.
    Last edited by fallenleader; October 27th, 2019 at 09:45 PM.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    i think you reiterated part of what i was saying about keeping the suppliers secret.
    although you're right they may have very strict agreements that prohibit them from even admitting that the product was shipped to them Vs made on site.
    that's bad business IMO and as soon as an injury pops up, the manufacturer information comes out in the lawsuit. often non-american or low quality suppliers are hidden like that as well.
    we won't admit our product is actually made from potmetal by 4yo's and shipped to our "All American (assembly) Facility"

say aero sells overstock unbranded parts to PSA.
    PSA keeps quiet about who supplied the suspiciously familiar handguard that lacks any type of branding yet is very reasonably priced. PSA just says they are not made in house by a "insert nation here" company. protecting aero clients from people going to PSA for the lower price.
    however PSA also states that the barrel is made in-house. letting customers know that they actually manufacture the item.
    yet the upper is actually made FOR PSA by an unknown manufacturer and is not even a production model but a run specifically for PSA.(maybe a slightly different shade of black or some other minor change) PSA also states they were made for them as with the aero parts but not by them.

brands are just for example.
    PSA is pretty good with this iirc.

sorry to totally derail but it would really suck to find that "small American manufacturer" is actually just screening a logo on all outsourced mixed-nation parts they took the time to stick together for you. or maybe their "machinists" are actually only repairing or finishing inferior products they import.
    just as a random example.

i worked for a company that imported cargo containers of steel stands and their on-site welder simply corrected all the chinese errors and quality control, for example, making the damned things not wobble. then marked up the price and resold them.
    small American company with fabricators and such on hand, don't recall if they made any mention of it being chinese products.
    Actually DC machine does the PSA stuff

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/11/amm...armory-part-1/

(Montgomery County)

We've deviated drastically,

Quick Em, unleash the halloween deals!

(Allegheny County)

$179.99 with code: VENOM
    palmettostatearmory.com

(Allegheny County)

Bear Creek Arsenal

BCA is Offering an Extra 35% off
    Your Purchase of
    Any Barrel
    with the Use of a Valid Military I.D

Today (10/28) Through Veterans Day (11/11)

Automatically Applied for Registered Military Accounts, One Use Per Customer, Retail Accounts Only, Does Not Apply to Past Orders

(Lancaster County)

right to bear has blem 80% lowers $28.00 each minimum three though but still good price.

https://www.righttobear.com/light-bl...aw-1-blem3.htm

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 5.56.22 AM.jpg

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Okay I just made my last purchase from PSA earlier today for a long while since some other opportunities have come up that I want to do. My current AR assembly will be completed and I will be done with firearms for awhile. (Well at least I am going to try really hard.)

I have one more PSA 5% off coupon code left (1 time use only) that is good until October 31st which is next Thursday. PSA is only giving 2% back now through Active Junky so this helps out with the tax's.
    This reminds me. I have that 5%-off coupon, too, and it's good only for 2 more days. I might have to check out this Active Junky thing to help defray the tax burden... What personal information do they demand/keep when one sign up?

Page 1658 of 2598 FirstFirst ... 65811581558160816481654165516561657165816591660166116621668170817582158 ... LastLast