Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

(Allegheny County)

(Lancaster County)

Almost pulled the trigger ... except I absolutely hate the way their rails are attached.

(Allegheny County)

D&H USGI mags $6.99

PSA

(Indiana County)

Seems I'm the only person who's gotten junk from Combat Armory.

Due to this thread I've bought a complete upper they had a while back (18"), three LPK's, one BCG, some Glock parts and various other parts when they were running that 25% off.

I put together one of the 16" upper kits for a guy at work and the FA pin was grossly oversized. I had some Brownell's ones on hand so I used one of them with no problem.
    The crush washer included was the softest one I've ever used, I got right to the point of only needing a hair more and the washer just collapsed and I had to cut it off and use one from my parts bin.
    The rest of the parts went together fine and he says the upper runs just fine.

I bought a stripped upper, HG, FA and DC from them for a .300BO build, the FA hole was too small, this time they had the right pin though.
    I ruined the pin included and after ruining two of my Brownells ones I had to locate a drill to clean up the hole.

When I went to assemble the lower the hammer was too wide to fit in the lower.
    I had to stone it til it fit.
    (My Palmetto and "Unbranded" parts from AIM both dropped right in.)

I've been more than happy with the Glock barrels I've gotten from them but I am personally done with their AR parts.
    YMMV of course.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by HSMaxim View Post
    I just ordered 10 mags and a 300BO barrel, shipping was steep IMO ($38) but with the cost of the mags being $16 elsewhere it was like getting the barrel for $13.

They get good reviews on Yelp, hopefully they are GTG.

Thanks!
    Update on this order:
    Everything shipped two days later, arrived VIA USPS Priority three days after that.
    All well packaged and the barrel appears to be well made.

No dimples but I have a tool for doing this so no big deal for me.

Thanks again EM for the heads up!

(Beaver County)

Due to this thread I've bought a complete upper they had a while back (18"), three LPK's, one BCG, some Glock parts and various other parts when they were running that 25% off.

I put together one of the 16" upper kits for a guy at work and the FA pin was grossly oversized. I had some Brownell's ones on hand so I used one of them with no problem.
    The crush washer included was the softest one I've ever used, I got right to the point of only needing a hair more and the washer just collapsed and I had to cut it off and use one from my parts bin.

I bought a stripped upper, HG, FA and DC from them for a .300BO build, the FA hole was too small, this time they had the right pin though.
    I ruined the pin included and after ruining two of my Brownells ones I had to locate a drill to clean up the hole.

I've been more than happy with the Glock barrels I've gotten from them but I am personally done with their AR parts.
    YMMV of course.
    At their price point I would expect some of the problems you have had. But that does not worry me much. If it is a major failure it goes back. If its small just fix it and move on. I dont sweat the small petty shit on cheap shit.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

YMMV of course.
    That sucks!

I have been ordering from them for years, but when it came to AR's it was only a cleaning kit, some off set iron sights, and a few cheap cast carry handles that seem to work okay. There is obviously a line with everything where you start to get what you pay for and the cheap price truly reflects the items you are buying and the QC. I am not saying that is here since I have no experience with these specific parts but it does exist. For me PSA is where I feel the price vs value meet at a happy place and that's where I stay. If I can find CMMG standard parts kits on sale then I go with them for a few bucks more since they have all gone in so smoothly in the past vs everything else I have ever used regardless of cost.

Like everything else in life YMMV.

(Allegheny County)

Hey, I appreciate the time you took to add your input.
    I love posting deals, but sometimes I forget that not everyone takes into consideration all the factors involved with said deals.
    Yes, when you're dealing with an "unknown", or a startup company, you need to weigh that in your decision making.
    Hodgie said it pretty well, and I agree with his Palmetto State Armory example.

I'm still sitting here with the tab open for that full 7.5" kit. I'm not hesitating because I fear the quality - It's a money thing.
    I KNOW that there's a risk with low cost/low end stuff, but for the most part, I don't think it's a huge risk, or one that will become a finanial burden to correct if something isn't quite right. The biggest risk is fitment of the LPK in my opinion, and I already have several partially used parts kits on hand, so if something is a hair out of spec, I can grab the same part from my stash.
    The BCG could be a risk as well, but really, if there's a problem, it's a simple/inexpensive fix.

Page 1540 of 2598 FirstFirst ... 540104014401490153015361537153815391540154115421543154415501590164020402540 ... LastLast