Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Quantity or quality?

Mostly gun related but would you rather have a bunch of cheaper items vs fewer quality ones?

Could be guns, optics, lights or anything gun related.
    Today was a good day!

(Chester County)

Default Re: Quantity or quality?

Most of my firearms are S&W, Glock, PSA, Ruger, Savage, Mossberg , Winchester - you tell me.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Mostly gun related but would you rather have a bunch of cheaper items vs fewer quality ones?

I'm a cheap and broke MF'r... So I tend to go with cheap stuff.

I know how to make things that don't quite work right to work right. And for what I don't know how to make work or fix, I know people with such skills and machinery.

That isn't to say that I don't have some quality items. But I'd rather buy a $300 1911 than a $3000 1911. I have some $200 single shot rifles that will shoot the same groups as some >$1000 rifles.

There are certain things I will pay a bit extra for to insure that it will work right and live long. For longer distance shooting scopes for varmint - yeah, I'll fork out a bit more. But for under 200yds and for .22RF guns, yeah - cheap is the way to go. Vehicle brake pads/shoes tend to get be something that I pay for quality.

Of the guns I've bought this century - very few have been brand new. The guns I bought earlier, well - most were brand new. But I learned that "new" isn't worth the extra $$ over a gently used gun.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
    Most of my firearms are S&W, Glock, PSA, Ruger, Savage, Mossberg , Winchester - you tell me.
    Sounds like you got some good stuff, I have everything you listed as well plus a host of others. Quality doesn*t mean it always cost*s a lot, there*s plenty of quality stuff at good prices.
    Today was a good day!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Of the guns I've bought this century - very few have been brand new. The guns I bought earlier, well - most were brand new. But I learned that "new" isn't worth the extra $$ over a gently used gun.
    This describes me to a "T". Poofa classifieds are a regular source, and locally on gunbroker. Tomorrow, I'm headed to Coatesville to pickup a "Like new LE Trade-in S&W Shield9" package. Saves money on s&h, taxes(poofa classified), and exorbitant transfer fees.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post

Quality.

I have one rifle in the $2000-$3000 range. It's the only one I bought, and it was used. Then enhanced it.

The other two were childhood gifts and are more pedestrian in value.

Quality > Quantity in my opinion. I look at guns and gun accessories as assets so I don't feel bad about spending more for higher quality. I figure if I ever wanted to sell something down the road higher quality will hold more value compared to cheap guns that aren't going to be nearly as desirable.

Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with cheaper guns as long as they go bang. I just feel like you're losing in the long run in terms of long term value.

(Berks County)

How 'bout quality at a value price?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    Quality > Quantity in my opinion. I look at guns and gun accessories as assets so I don't feel bad about spending more for higher quality. I figure if I ever wanted to sell something down the road higher quality will hold more value compared to cheap guns that aren't going to be nearly as desirable.

Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with cheaper guns as long as they go bang. I just feel like you're losing in the long run in terms of long term value.
    I look at things the same way, down the road if I decide to sell or if something happens to make values skyrocket, I*ve seen it happen before where certain guns go through the roof during troubled times.

Like you nothing wrong with some cheaper stuff, I have plenty also but when it comes to certain things I*ll spend the money on better quality.
    Today was a good day!

I'd rather have a $200 G19 clone right next to me wherever I am, than a $550 Glock OEM G19 3 rooms away.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast