Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    It's funny how we don't always get what we pay for.
    I got a rough rider way back when they were $75.
    It was a cheap gun but shot well.
    Granted I did a lot of point/hip shooting with it so.........
    But I then ended up buying a stainless ruger super single six ...... man how I wanted to love that gun.
    Paid top dollar for it too......
    Picked up an awesome belt rig for it ...... and had dreams of smacking tree rats at 50yds , etc , etc ...... you know the drill.
    Everyone who ever had one raved about what a great shooting gun they were......
    Well , I could build a smooth bore that fired rocks that was better than that gun....
    The 22lr cylinder was awful ........ forget the 22mag cylinder .... that isn't even worth mentioning .....
    I actually sent it back to ruger and they returned it saying it was repaired ..... no mention of what was wrong or had been done....
    I certainly didn't notice anything about it ........
    It HAD been improved .........but how to put this .....
    Being able to hit the side of the barn from the inside ....... 3 out of 100 shots instead of 1 time out of 100 ..... is in fact an "improvement" ...... but so what?
    The ruger had cost me about 4 times as much as the rough rider ... give or take and I have not been able to bring myself to pick up another 22 wheelgun from ruger since........

Quality issues and defects are definitely not limited to just budget guns. I'd like to find someone like you who has a positive experience with one to give it a look see. Since May this will be the 3rd firearm purchase I am unhappy with or Wil need to go back. I'm not used to having issues with any of the purchases I make and when I have its only been two in over 10 years that had issues that manufacturers had to repair. 3 within two and a half months one of which was a thousand dollar rifle is just annoying.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Absolutely. They work well. Ranked high in Youtube extensive muzzle brake test with nearly 100 devices.

check granitemountain.com to compare. They usually have a good price on them.
    even with shipping schuyler arms sale on these has yet to be beat anywhere primary arms has a sale on them now too ..... not $35.00 but they are on sale.

(Allegheny County)

Doh! I meant graniteridge.com
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    2 entry level ar15s > 1 MSRP glock. (Putting on flame suit)
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Bucks County)

Kings Firearms used handgun sale

Sorry about the small pics

Attachment 119658

Attachment 119659

Attachment 119660

(Lancaster County)

Doh! I meant graniteridge.com
    i think you meant

https://www.graniteridgeoutfitters.com/

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    LOL! THAT'S IT!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

That red Glock looks like shizz.

(Lancaster County)

LOL! THAT'S IT!
    yeah I checked the other one just to see what popped up .... also picked up a couple more VG6's from schuyler as this is supposedly the last sale they will be doing going forward. $78.25 for two shipped isn't a bad deal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Quality issues and defects are definitely not limited to just budget guns. I'd like to find someone like you who has a positive experience with one to give it a look see. Since May this will be the 3rd firearm purchase I am unhappy with or Wil need to go back. I'm not used to having issues with any of the purchases I make and when I have its only been two in over 10 years that had issues that manufacturers had to repair. 3 within two and a half months one of which was a thousand dollar rifle is just annoying.
    The trouble with sending a rough rider back is if you need to pick up the cost of return ...... so that begins to creep up close to the cost of purchase.
    I've returned a lot of new rifles/pistols .... more rugers than anything I believe ... and a smith and wesson that made repeat trips back one after the other.
    Some they paid for me to return it .... some didn't.
    When I got my rough rider that was many years back ..... what would concern me about buying one now is ..... and I know you've had to have seen this happen ..... over time ,they start to cheapen a product to keep it's price point ....... and this is not limited to firearms ........ the trouble I have is IF they cheapen the rough rider ..... "How can you do that?" I mean , geeze ... it's already pot metal. Where do you go from there?
    Know what I'm sayin'.
    I've bought firearms , fishing reels ,scopes etc , etc all kinds of crap 10- 20 years ago , and the same model is still being made ... but the product has cheapened up.
    Only a matter of time before the rough rider goes that route I suppose.

Page 1572 of 2598 FirstFirst ... 572107214721522156215681569157015711572157315741575157615821622167220722572 ... LastLast