Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    @hodgie has it.
    Is the @ something new the kids with the pumped up kicks are doing? Just an old fart question.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    full auto is good for suppressive fire. to which i wonder if a binary fire wouldn't be a more manageable way of doing the same thing,
    Full auto is good for army’s use. Somebody else is buying. No shortage of "free labor" to hump the ammunition around. Miculick (however he spells it) is better than binary, bump or auto. A lot of Medal of Honor stories tell of others that accomplishments far exceeded the equipment.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Just buy one of these $3k-$4K JP customs competition rifles and you won't need full auto. This rifle in the hands of a good shooter is absolutely sick.

(Bucks County)

I watched that earlier this afternoon. If you watch him shoot, it's like shooting a 22LR, no muzzle rise, hardly a kick, and it fires crazy fast while keeping sights on target. The trigger has a roller on it. Never seen that before. JP is very innovative. GarandThumb gushes over the gun "the best ever" basically. I like him. Very funny guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Just buy one of these $3k-$4K JP customs competition rifles and you won't need full auto. This rifle in the hands of a good shooter is absolutely sick.

Last edited by erichard; January 22nd, 2019 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by erichard View Post
    I watched that earlier this afternoon. If you watch him shoot, it's like shooting a 22LR, no muzzle rise, hardly a kick, and it fires crazy fast while keeping sights on target. The trigger has a roller on it. Never seen that before. JP is very innovative. GarandThumb gushes over the gun "the best ever" basically. I like him. Very funny guy.
    Supposedly this buffer assembly is a big reason for the way this rifle handles.

Since I don't have a "top tier" factory built rifle but a ton of what I consider higher end parts spread across several rifles I've decided to disassemble a few of them consolidate parts and build what I would consider a "top tier" rifle to proper spec.

Some parts I'm going to have to add down the line and this might be one of them especially after GarandThumbs video review of it comes out after 10K rounds with it.

(Bucks County)

Yeah, I've seen some reviews on that one. Some really like it, some don't see too much difference. Just watch a bunch before buying. I think the other reasons for it being so flat shooting is that it is tuned so well. First, they are using a low mass BCG, probably a low weight on that buffer contraption, and then tuned the adjustable gas block to be slightly above what is needed to cycle the gun. Plus like he said he has extra weight out front due to the heat sink fins around the barrel (not sure how that is configured, but I've seen something similar with Patriot Ordnance Factory barrel attachments previously). And then of course the brake is key, and apparently they've tuned it all so everything balances out to the hotness of the round. As he said, the rifle is tuned to be at the cutting edge of being reliable vs silky smooth. More reliability requires overgassing and a bumpier ride.

I think that buffer's main claim to fame is supposed quietness (no twang sound), probably good if you are using a silencer. Personally, I've found a little lithium spray grease on the regular spring quiets it down a bit.

Since I don't have a "top tier" factory built rifle but a ton of what I consider higher end parts spread across several rifles I've decided to disassemble a few of them consolidate parts and build what I would consider a "top tier" rifle to proper spec.

Some parts I'm going to have to add down the line and this might be one of them especially after GarandThumbs video review of it comes out after 10K rounds with it.
    Last edited by erichard; January 23rd, 2019 at 12:18 AM.

I'm interested in seeing the tactical(mil spec) type rifle they are going to build him to test.

(Wyoming County)

I've had that on my wish list with Midway forever, but I could never pull the trigger and put it in the shopping cart. Maybe now I'm gonna have to
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I've had that on my wish list with Midway forever, but I could never pull the trigger and put it in the shopping cart. Maybe now I'm gonna have to
    I'm not even sure of the cost and I'm scared to look now.

I'm not even sure of the cost and I'm scared to look now.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...ly-gen-2-ar-15
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 1402 of 2598 FirstFirst ... 40290213021352139213981399140014011402140314041405140614121452150219022402 ... LastLast