Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Thanks

I just found them a few bucks cheaper on Optics planet and I can usually find a 10% off coupon code. Either way it's going to have to wait awhile longer since its not in the necessity budget right now.

(Allegheny County)

For fucks sake. You shot my purple lightweight, carbine, right?

Practically zero recoil or muzzle rise.
    Probably $600 in that gun.

Three main factors - maybe four.
    VG6 Epsilon muzzle brake
    Adjustable gas block
    Taccom Ultra Lightweight Carbine Buffer
    Mid length gas system
    Last edited by Emptymag; January 23rd, 2019 at 12:55 AM.

(Bucks County)

As a charter member of the cheap bastard's society, I like to compare the cost of the item relative to the cost of the cheapest reliable AR available to get an idea of just how expensive the item is in AR units. So I think we've found AR's around the $300 range that probably are good to go. This buffer is $140. So the buffer/spring combo is 46% of said AR. Would you rather have another AR or a couple of quiet springs? Hard for me to leap at it. On the other hand, the reviews on Midway are unanimous on how quiet and refined the mechanism is though, I have to admit. It's a Gucci part for one's Gucci rifle build perhaps.

Meanwhile, my white lithium greased buffer spring is pretty darned quiet, for a few cents extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    For fucks sake. You shot my purple lightweight, carbine, right?

Practically zero recoil or muzzle rise.
    Probably $600 in that gun.

Three main factors - maybe four.
    VG6 Epsilon muzzle brake
    Adjustable gas block
    Taccom Ultra Lightweight Carbine Buffer
    Mid length gas system
    Last edited by erichard; January 23rd, 2019 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by erichard View Post
    As a charter member of the cheap bastard's society, I like to compare the cost of the item relative to the cost of the cheapest reliable AR available to get an idea of just how expensive the item is in AR units. So I think we've found AR's around the $300 range that probably are good to go. This buffer is $140. So the buffer/spring combo is 46% of said AR. Would you rather have another AR or a couple of quiet springs? Hard for me to leap at it. On the other hand, the reviews on Midway are unanimous on how quiet and refined the mechanism is though, I have to admit. It's a Gucci part for one's Gucci rifle build perhaps.
    I agree with the Gucci part and it does also eliminate another small point of failure as shown in the In range video I posted above. What I don't necessarily agree with is a good $300.00 AR15. Yes you can find them, yes they might run but how well, for how long, and just because it goes bang does that constitute good? Keep in mind I'm not a gun snob but there has to be and is a difference between a $50.00 BCA BCG and a $135.00 BCM BCG. Will most average shooters ever see it? Nope not at 100 or so rounds per year if that, unless it shits the bed on day 1.

I'm starting to unload a lot of my collection, large amounts of guns, ammo, and accessories from all different eras and transitioning into the less is more mentality with the emphasis on quality which doesn't necessarily correlate with Gucci for me.

I have a lot of what I would consider midrange AR's, I want one that's an above average build, at least by my standards, maybe not by AR15.com standards. I don't think this buffer will make or break the build, but I think it may polish it off nicely far down the line at the end. Trigger and BCG are much more important to me in the long run. I have the barrel, receiver set, gas block, gas tube and handguard, squared away with acceptable fill in parts or place holders for the BCG, charging handle and trigger until some kick ass deals come along on exactly what I want.

If I had the money I would just build an exact WWSD rifle like Karl from In range is sporting, unfortunately GWACS no longer produces the one piece lower and with no time line on generation two I could be waiting years. I also cannot bring myself to drop $330.00 on a Carbon Fiber handguard, I was almost there the other night but the thought of my wife's size 9 boot smashing into my yam sack haunted me in the back of my mind.

Maybe this entire project will prove me a fool or maybe it will be exactly what I am looking for either way it's something to do with guns and that's always a good thing.

I may start a separate build thread with parts, prices, where I started and why I picked what I did and where I hope to go.
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 23rd, 2019 at 01:54 AM.

Back on track here.

Some FN CHF goodness from PSA right now.

PSA 20" CHF RIFLE LENGTH 5.56 NATO 1:7 PREMIUM RIFLE KIT - 8818

$549.99 shipped

https://palmettostatearmory.com/20-h...=12%3a00+Email

Word is at Shot Show they will have a line of USA forged AK's in multiple calibers with FN CHF barrels this summer.

(Allegheny County)

Speaking of CHF barrels... saw this one in my email too...

Link

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Speaking of CHF barrels... saw this one in my email too...

Link

I like the light weight rail they are using on this upper which eliminates the 200 pic rails no one ever uses on an AR15. The Generation 3 Midwest Industries rail I just ordered does the same thing dropping a decent amount of weight.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    What I don't necessarily agree with is a good $300.00 AR15.
    No worries, mostly kidding around. At $300, you are at the bottom of the barrel of let's say good enough, obviously not above average. And to get to $300, you need to do a little work. Here's one at PSA, which presumably uses Toolcraft nitrided BCG's (PSA house brand, which are more than good enough most people say) that requires some assembly:
    507617_edit_1.jpg
    at: https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...t-5076173.html

So for $260, free shipping you need to add an Anderson lower receiver which seem to go for ~$35-40 on sale or so. Those receivers are good to go from everything I've read, basically no worse than any mill-spec lower (many made in the same forges as other brands).

I've seen others about as cheap where you just buy the complete upper and lower separately. The upper might have an old keymod handrail. You'd have to shop around and wait maybe, but they are out there. $300-320 is the low though.

Bottom of the barrel good enough. The reviews on that kit are as good as the JP silent buffer reviews going by the stars, only one is top tier and the other is top value.

I have a Gucci gun or two. I just try to limit myself to guns that I think I can resell if necessary for somewhere near where I bought them, assuming similar condition/usage.
    Last edited by erichard; January 23rd, 2019 at 04:58 AM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by erichard View Post
    I just bought one of these to build my 1st AR15 on a PSA stripped lower that ran me $50 OTD. It's going to be my learning/sacrificial rifle for 2A protests going forward. Add a $7.99 Pmag and a $25 rear BUIS and I'm $342.98 all in + my time. As long as I do my part, this should be a quality rifle at a rock bottom price. I don't see how an AR15 can get any less expensive.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
    I just bought one of these to build my 1st AR15 on a PSA stripped lower that ran me $50 OTD. It's going to be my learning/sacrificial rifle for 2A protests going forward. Add a $7.99 Pmag and a $25 rear BUIS and I'm $342.98 all in + my time. As long as I do my part, this should be a quality rifle at a rock bottom price. I don't see how an AR15 can get any less expensive.
    Yeah, looks good to me. Reviews on it are near 5 star average. One way to get it down closer to that $300 target for others considering it is to go to PSA via the activejunky link ( https://www.activejunky.com/retailer...o-state-armory ) which pretty regularly gives you 6% cash back pretty painlessly (easier than rebates for sure), so another $20 back maybe. And eBay knock offs for sights are less than 50% of retail pricing, often being very good copies if not being made in the same Chinese plant.

Page 1403 of 2598 FirstFirst ... 40390313031353139313991400140114021403140414051406140714131453150319032403 ... LastLast