Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Any thoughts on this as a first time pistol build option? Price point is in my ballpark

pistol.jpg

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by rckeystone View Post
    Any thoughts on this as a first time pistol build option? Price point is in my ballpark

pistol.jpg

I think it's a good deal.

I think the best I could find for just a KAK Shockwave Blade AND KAK tube kit is $50, so factoring in the lower and LPK, I think it's not bad at all.

EDIT: I need to see if that includes a KAK dimpled buffer tube, or if it's just a plain, pistol buffer tube.
    To make a price look better, many vendors use NON-dimpled tubes. The dimples allow you to screw it down with the set screw to keep it from moving/twisting. I would only use the dimpled tube, personally.

Edit #2:
    This is where I got my last full kit. I paid $50. Looks like they are selling out of a lot of stock because this list was much more extensive then.
    https://skidtactical.com/product-cat...shockwave-kak/
    Last edited by Emptymag; December 6th, 2019 at 03:36 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I think it's a good deal.

I think the best I could find for just a KAK Shockwave Blade AND KAK tube kit is $50, so factoring in the lower and LPK, I think it's not bad at all.

EDIT: I need to see if that includes a KAK dimpled buffer tube, or if it's just a plain, pistol buffer tube.
    To make a price look better, many vendors use NON-dimpled tubes. The dimples allow you to screw it down with the set screw to keep it from moving/twisting. I would only use the dimpled tube, personally.

Edit #2:
    This is where I got my last full kit. I paid $50. Looks like they are selling out of a lot of stock because this list was much more extensive then.
    https://skidtactical.com/product-cat...shockwave-kak/
    Thanks. Wasn't aware of "dimpling". I don't see where is mentions it, but clicking on some of the higher priced ones I don't see it mentioned either

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    Serialized so there's still a transfer fee , you can grab the brownell's aggressive textured 80% for $80.00 over at Rockey Brass poly 80 products ship free too.

https://www.rockeybrass.com/Polymer-...-Kit_p_20.html

Attachment 124471
    Attachment 124472
    Well then it's pointless to buy, No one buys an 80% with a serial number that gets transferred. If you're going through that, just buy a finished lower.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Well then it's pointless to buy, No one buys an 80% with a serial number that gets transferred. If you're going through that, just buy a finished lower.
    It is a finished frame lol that's why it's serialized.

(Bucks County)

Is that the same vendor that sells instant water?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks. Wasn't aware of "dimpling". I don't see where is mentions it, but clicking on some of the higher priced ones I don't see it mentioned either

Just to throw this out there in case you aren't aware - the SBA3 (SB Tactical) is an adjustable pistol brace - and it uses a standard carbine buffer tube.
    I have both the Shockwave Blade and the SBA3 - the Blade is "sufficient" - and is not all that uncomfortable to shoot if you should shoulder it.
    I tried it on my 7.62x39 pistol and found it to be SLIGHTLY uncomfortable due to the added recoil with the x39 caliber, so I bought an SBA3 brace for that one. It's VERY nice - and very comfy to shoot.

I was always convinced that I didn't need to spend more for the expensive braces - and to some extent, I still feel that way because I'm not rushing out to replace my Blade with an SBA3, BUT there's no denying the fact that the SBA3 feels like a regular stock vs teh way the Blade feels when shouldering it.

It's up to each person to decide if that is worth the extra $40-$50 over the Blade.

(Lancaster County)

pistol.jpg
    I agree solid deal consider $49.00 for the lower , KAK blade and KAK dimpled tube would run you about $44.00 LPK on the cheap is about $35.00 if you know where to look then the buffer and spring you're in the ballpark and PSA does make good quality stuff.

(Allegheny County)

KAK Shockwave Blade is the only one that uses the dimpled tubes as far as I'm aware - It was designed that way.
    The Blade "works" on standard PISTOL buffer tubes as well - it just can't be locked into position as securely.

Other brands of braces use either friction fit on a standard (smooth) pistol buffer, OR like the SBA3, use a CARBINE buffer tube with the adjustment slots on the bottom of teh tube so you can adjust it exactly the same way as you do with a carbine stock.

(Allegheny County)

There may or may not be deals to be had here...
    Aero Precision

WEEKEND SPECIAL
    ENTIRE SPARE PARTS CATEGORY
    15% OFF THIS WEEKEND!
    * Discount applied in your Shopping Cart.

www.aeroprecisionusa.com/ar15/spare-parts

Page 1712 of 2594 FirstFirst ... 71212121612166217021708170917101711171217131714171517161722176218122212 ... LastLast