Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 915 of 2598 FirstFirst ... 415815865905911912913914915916917918919925965101514151915 ... LastLast
Results 9,141 to 9,150 of 25974
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    The Q&A section says this Anderson does NOT have RF-85 technology. Also they ship the upper directly to you and the lower to your FFL.
    Ha. Obviously I watched a video on the wrong one. Thanks for pointing that out. The separate shipping of parts I did know about
    Have one sitting in my cart. Just can't decide whether to pull the trigger on it

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by rckeystone View Post
    Ha. Obviously I watched a video on the wrong one. Thanks for pointing that out. The separate shipping of parts I did know about
    Have one sitting in my cart. Just can't decide whether to pull the trigger on it

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    LOL I'm not falling for that one again

I removed it from my cart. For now. Would need to get some sights or scope for it and of course other accessories. Next thing ya know it's another money pit. Plus for my next semi I'm thinking something along the lines of 7.62x39

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    The Q&A section says this Anderson does NOT have RF-85 technology. Also they ship the upper directly to you and the lower to your FFL.
    As I posted a while back, I bought an RF-85 upper from Anderson directly during one of their sales. It functions fine, no issues at all. Have not shot it enough to say much more, but I do not lube it. The lubricity is apparently embedded in the metal and they can be cleaned with soap and water (making sure to dry it thoroughly afterwards.) They say the barrels last twice as long because of the treatment (low friction), but who knows for sure. I think they won rifle of the year because of RF-85 this year, but not sure if the outfit handing that out is great or not (could be). If you can run it dry, without oil, then the carbon is much less likely to hang on the metal and foul up the system, slowing the action down. The question is, at what point in rounds per minute does the heat from the blast and friction do harm to the rifle, vs an oiled weapon. I think if you shoot at a leisurely pace, you can shoot thousands of rounds without issue. If you were to fire it full auto, maybe you'll have some problems. In fact, the big rental place out in Vegas keeps records on repairs for various firearms, and they said one company that advertised "no lube" barrels, performed miserably in full auto, and they have since abandoned that type. I'm not sure if it's Anderson though. I'm thinking it was Patriot Ordnance (POF), since he said they only buy high end stuff now to emphasize reliability in his business model. He wouldn't reveal which company it was. Parenthetically, they also didn't like piston driven rifles at all as they failed early in full auto. (see: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-rental-range/ This article has been quoted all over the web..slight exaggeration)

The RF85 suits me fine, though, and I think it might prove useful in a WROL situation as maintenance is so easy. I think they did some test of it shooting 5000 rounds without cleaning, which is on their website.
    Last edited by erichard; November 30th, 2016 at 11:57 PM.

(Bucks County)

Federal 325 bulk boxes are back in stock at Cabela's for $19.99 ea.

It doesn't say Champion, but it's the same ammo as the 525 blue boxes from the days of yore.

I ordered some last week and got it on Monday.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/feder...1281984.uts%3F

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I couldn't find it on the website so I checked my email...

HOLY FUCK.

LINKY

So we finally get to see one of those high powered rifles the media is always clamoring on about!!!

(Washington County)

Nothing I add to my cart is lowering the shipping on that Midway shooting mat. Oh well, guess I have to pay $12.74 for the ride.

I got my 5 50 cal cans from SG. I'm happy. Clean insides, good gaskets, nice stenciling. There is some very light surface rust and sun fading on the lids, no big deal for me.
    Last edited by JoshIronshaft; December 1st, 2016 at 10:58 AM.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Nothing I add to my cart is lowering the shipping on that Midway shooting mat. Oh well, guess I have to pay $12.74 for the ride.
    I bought five of these. They will make great Christmas gifts for the shooters in the family. I'm keeping two for me.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post

I got my 5 50 cal cans from SG. I'm happy. Clean insides, good gaskets, nice stenciling. There is some very light surface rust and sun fading on the lids, no big deal for me.
    It has something to do with your order total as well - I think you need to spend $25 - I think.
    When you add one of the items from the "free shipping" page, if you look over by the shipping total and it hasn't lowered, right below it will say something like "Add an additional $3.89 for free shipping on this item" (or something like that)

You have to play around with it. Between the "normal" items and the "free shipping" items, you can come up with something that works most of the time.
    It's easy with higher priced regular items than it is when trying to buy a $10 item.

Edit. I misunderstood. Thought u meant the $10 tac cases.

I just tried it myself with the mat to test it and no reduction here either. Not sure why. Maybe product size?
    Last edited by Emptymag; December 1st, 2016 at 11:36 AM.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

That's exactly what you have to do, you have to have $25 in your cart. Additionally, if you buy that shooting the mat it shipped separate so you have a separate shipping charge for that
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page 915 of 2598 FirstFirst ... 415815865905911912913914915916917918919925965101514151915 ... LastLast