Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 53 of 2598 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657631031535531053 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Quote Originally Posted by BionicMan View Post
    Then I definitely got my order in before him, and NO, I did not receive any information at all after the initial email that read, "This email is to confirm the receipt of your recent order from Botach Tactical." Like I said, if I don't get any info from them today, I'll be calling on Monday to figure out what the hell is going on.

People need to chill out and give companies time and a little slack to handle all of these mass orders and panic buying. I mean come on calling on a Monday in the morning when you placed the order on a Friday after noon knowing that UPS, or the post office doesnt even really do anything on a Saturday, stop being part of the problem and give them till like Wednesday.
    Last edited by CartBone69; February 3rd, 2013 at 10:28 AM.
    IANAL

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Like I said, they don't always seem to ship in the order that they are placed. I've never had an order placed on a Tuesday ship before an order from Monday, but multiple orders on a single day have shipped in random order. Highly doubt that you're going to get anything today, but I have a feeling you're GTG on Monday.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they took more orders than they had mags for, and those that bought other items took precedence. Either way, I'll find out when I call tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by CartBone69 View Post
    People need to chill out and give companies time and a little slack to handle all of these mass orders and panic buying. I mean come on.
    There's no longer much, if any "catching up" to do. All of the hot items are long processed and shipped out. The majority of retailers are now just sitting around waiting on back-orders. And as I clearly noted, the only reason I'm concerned about my order is because I was charged without getting any confirmation that I'll be getting what I paid for. I've been ordering stuff online for a LONG time, and the only two places that have ever charged me without shortly following that up with a "we're processing your order" or "your items are shipping shortly" email were PSA and now Botach. I'll certainly post back tomorrow to confirm whether my concerns were unfounded or not. Hopefully they already just shipped it and forgot to update my order status.
    Last edited by BionicMan; February 3rd, 2013 at 10:30 AM.

(Berks County)

I wouldn't be surprised if they took more orders than they had mags for, and those that bought other items took precedence. Either way, I'll find out when I call tomorrow.
    My order contained only 3 Pmags. Patience grasshopper!

(Lehigh County)

Also im not sure if they did take more order then mags, i added them to my cart because it let me then till i got done filling out all of my info and hit submit it came up out of stock so i wasn't fast enough. Sure i was mad for a second then i got over it, i kinda think if that would happened to you, you may of had a stroke.
    IANAL

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by CartBone69 View Post
    Also im not sure if they did take more order then mags, i added them to my cart because it let me then till i got done filling out all of my info and hit submit it came up out of stock so i wasn't fast enough. Sure i was mad for a second then i got over it, i kinda think if that would happened to you, you may of had a stroke.
    That HAS happened to me before, and I was angry with myself for not being fast enough, not angry with the retailer. (because it wasn't the retailer's fault I didn't order sooner) Yet again, you missed the point. My issue was with getting CHARGED before getting any guarantee my order was coming. NOT with the processing or shipping taking a while. (see posts #512 and #522)
    Last edited by BionicMan; February 3rd, 2013 at 10:47 AM.

(Berks County)

There's no longer much, if any "catching up" to do. All of the hot items are long processed and shipped out. The majority of retailers are now just sitting around waiting on back-orders.
    I have to totally disagree. I placed an order with Botach early last week. I then placed another order about 3 minutes later and the order number had increased by almost 120 numbers. I spoke with a guy that runs a small internet company that caters to the AR market. As of Friday, he gets roughly 300 emails a day and hasn't had his phone turned on in weeks. He turns it on to make a call and the call waiting beep is non-stop during his conversation. He refuses to clear his voicemail because by the time he clears out the messages, it's full again. The craziness has not stopped, slowed by a degree possibly...maybe, but FAR from over. I can easily name 5 companies that are taking WEEKS to ship IN STOCK items...give Botach the benefit of a full business day to ship an item.

(Lehigh County)

That HAS happened to me before, and I was angry with myself for not being fast enough, not angry with the retailer. (because it wasn't the retailers fault I didn't order sooner) Yet again, you missed the point. My issue was with getting CHARGED before getting any guarantee my order was coming. NOT with the processing or shipping taking a while. (see posts #512 and #522)
    What does it really matter when you get charged? I mean they charge you if they have the stuff they ship it out, if they dont have enough (it does happen sometimes) they give you your money back, i still fail to see the problem its not a life or death situation. I placed an order from Cabelas on Friday i didnt even get a conformation email, and it still says "in process" on their website and they already charged my card. I'm not flipping out, ill maybe start to worry come Wednesday or Thursday and i see nothing happening.
    IANAL

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    The craziness has not stopped, slowed by a degree possibly...maybe, but FAR from over. I can easily name 5 companies that are taking WEEKS to ship IN STOCK items...give Botach the benefit of a full business day to ship an item.
    I didn't say the craziness had stopped, far from it. But the hot items by and large have been sold out for weeks. And there's no reason for retailers to still be taking weeks to process orders when places like Midway and Bravo Company are currently shipping SAME DAY. I ordered from both of them this past week and had tracking numbers within hours. They know how to run a business . . .

(Philadelphia County)

I didn't say the craziness had stopped, far from it. But the hot items by and large have been sold out for weeks. And there's no reason for retailers to still be taking weeks to process orders when places like Midway and Bravo Company are currently shipping SAME DAY. I ordered from both of them this past week and had tracking numbers within hours. They know how to run a business . . .
    I was able to land the 3 PMAGs from Botach and got my shipping confirmation with tracking within a couple of hours, much to my surprise, considering it usually takes them 3 days to 1 week to tell me whether or not they even have it in stock. I see no reason why a company who charges pre-panic price consistently, always come through in the past for me, went from 3 days minimum to 2 hours would purposefully do anything to delay shipment.

Midway is a HUGE company, so they have logistics in place to handle large volume. BCM is an AR15-centric shop and doesn't carry the variations of products that Botach does. I have always sensed that Botach is a family-ran company, hence the delay. They can probably keep the price down because they don't hire additional personnel to process the orders more quickly. I think most of online sellers are closer to the Botach model than the Midway model.

I guess I'm just saying we should have a bit more patience and reasonable expectation of different companies. It's your money and if you expect everything to be done within the hours, then you will have to stick with just the few companies that have the size and resources to do that, but will need to wait for parts to be in stock to order. Otherwise, you'll just have to deal with the delay like the rest of us.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
    I was able to land the 3 PMAGs from Botach and got my shipping confirmation with tracking within a couple of hours, much to my surprise, considering it usually takes them 3 days to 1 week to tell me whether or not they even have it in stock. I see no reason why a company who charges pre-panic price consistently, always come through in the past for me, went from 3 days minimum to 2 hours would purposefully do anything to delay shipment.

Midway is a HUGE company, so they have logistics in place to handle large volume. BCM is an AR15-centric shop and doesn't carry the variations of products that Botach does. I have always sensed that Botach is a family-ran company, hence the delay. They can probably keep the price down because they don't hire additional personnel to process the orders more quickly. I think most of online sellers are closer to the Botach model than the Midway model.

I guess I'm just saying we should have a bit more patience and reasonable expectation of different companies. It's your money and if you expect everything to be done within the hours, then you will have to stick with just the few companies that have the size and resources to do that, but will need to wait for parts to be in stock to order. Otherwise, you'll just have to deal with the delay like the rest of us.

Al
    Shit Cabela's is a bigger then all of of these company put together, maybe since i placed an order on Friday and didnt get so much as a conformaion email, BionicMan and a couple of other members will ride up to Cabela's with me with a couple of pitchforks and torches cause i want my order now!
    IANAL

Page 53 of 2598 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657631031535531053 ... LastLast