Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Has anyone been using a Combat Armory BCG in a finished gun?

It's really hard to ignore the price when it's on sale with a discount.
    I'll need a BCG in the future, but I'm not in a rush.
    It's only 9130 steel which is subpar (mil-spec is carpenter 158) and doesn't state if it's HPT/MPI or has chrome lining on the carrier and key... I'd pass for PSA's premium BCG for perhaps just a few more dollars... And they go on sale too.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    It's only 9130 steel which is subpar (mil-spec is carpenter 158) and doesn't state if it's HPT/MPI or has chrome lining on the carrier and key... I'd pass for PSA's premium BCG for perhaps just a few more dollars... And they go on sale too.
    Thanks. Their specs are pretty... well, almost nonexistent.
    I do have a few PSA Premium BCGs and that was what I initially had in mind as a "budget" BCG.
    At least the PSA BCG is known to be good to go, with impressive reviews.

I have that Combat Armory 7" upper kit that was $99, and one of these days I'll need to make it operational.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Thanks. Their specs are pretty... well, almost nonexistent.
    I do have a few PSA Premium BCGs and that was what I initially had in mind as a "budget" BCG.
    At least the PSA BCG is known to be good to go, with impressive reviews.

I have that Combat Armory 7" upper kit that was $99, and one of these days I'll need to make it operational.

The latest batches of PSA's standard $59.00 bolts are all shipping with 8620 carriers and 158 bolts. I personally wouldn't say 9310 was garbage and going to fail it's just not Milspec like 158 is. However like everything else in the firearms word there are endless discussions over the topic some with goof info and most with opinions.

The 11.5" upper I purchased a few weeks back came with the standard carrier with the upgraded MPI tested upgraded bolt.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...516446953.html

Bolt is Magnetic Particle Inspected (MPI)

**Due to part constraints, some orders may receive a free upgrade to a Mil-Spec Carpenter 158 Bolt**
    Last edited by Hodgie; September 28th, 2019 at 02:53 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    The latest batches of PSA's standard $59.00 bolts are all shipping with 8620 carriers and 158 bolts. I personally wouldn't say 9310 was garbage and going to fail it's just not Milspec like 158 is. However like everything else in the firearms word there are endless discussions over the topic some with goof info and most with opinions.

The 11.5" upper I purchased a few weeks back came with the standard carrier with the upgraded MPI tested upgraded bolt.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...516446953.html
    You all understand that mil spec just means it falls under the approved conditions for a military contract which usually means lowest bidder.

A United States defense standard, often called a military standard, "MIL-STD", "MIL-SPEC", or (informally) "MilSpecs", is used to help achieve standardization objectives by the U.S. Department of Defense.

Standardization is beneficial in achieving interoperability, ensuring products meet certain requirements, commonality, reliability, total cost of ownership, compatibility with logistics systems, and similar defense-related objectives.

both steels are harder than the aluminum housing them.
    i don't put much value into that.
    if it were a corrosive environment then i would. 316TI SS really does hold up.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    You all understand that mil spec just means it falls under the approved conditions for a military contract which usually means lowest bidder.

A United States defense standard, often called a military standard, "MIL-STD", "MIL-SPEC", or (informally) "MilSpecs", is used to help achieve standardization objectives by the U.S. Department of Defense.

Standardization is beneficial in achieving interoperability, ensuring products meet certain requirements, commonality, reliability, total cost of ownership, compatibility with logistics systems, and similar defense-related objectives.
    I’m very much aware which is why I said 9310 is just fine, it’s just not milspec.

(Lancaster County)

I’m very much aware which is why I said 9310 is just fine, it’s just not milspec.
    I figured I was just clarifying .... as the joke goes my stuff's not mil spec it's much better than that ha.

(Montgomery County)

Probably yes! But when the PSA premiums are like $65... That's what you should get. Risk/reward trade-off.

(Allegheny County)

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Probably yes! But when the PSA premiums are like $65... That's what you should get. Risk/reward trade-off.
    I have several of those too since they come with the Premium CHF uppers.

Page 1635 of 2598 FirstFirst ... 63511351535158516251631163216331634163516361637163816391645168517352135 ... LastLast