Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1573 of 1603 FirstFirst ... 57310731473152315631569157015711572157315741575157615771583 ... LastLast
Results 15,721 to 15,730 of 16022
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    Vg6 is worth $42 shipped?
    Absolutely. They work well. Ranked high in Youtube extensive muzzle brake test with nearly 100 devices.

check granitemountain.com to compare. They usually have a good price on them.
    PITTSBURGH PAFOA Group Shoot! THIS SATURDAY, Aug 17th - Click here for info

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    What's wrong with it?
    I canít consistently hit a 3 zone steel target with it at 10 feet. I donít know if itís the sights or the barrel but itís disgustingly inaccurate for a 22lr revolver. I have a ton of other revolvers with the same sighting set ups in all different calibers one being an 1895 Nagant which are notoriously horrible and I can make hits well out to 25 and 30 yards so Iím pretty sure itís not me.

Before I send it back I want to be fair and have someone else familiar with the gun fire it to rule me out. I was going to bring it with me to the shoot this Saturday but I donít think Iím going to be able to attend.

200 rounds, multiple brands of 22lr and 22 short. I havenít tried the .22 WMR yet but I did get some CCI HP hunting loads.

Everyone seems to love these revolvers so maybe itís just me. I didnít have huge expectations for the finish and the lock up and fitting of the action but I was hoping it would be reasonably accurate at 10 yards to train my son. Itís not accurate at 10í.

I should have ponied up and went with the Ruger Wrangler.

Damn you PSA and their prices and those pearl handled birds eye grips!
    Last edited by Hodgie; July 19th, 2019 at 12:46 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I can’t consistently hit a 3 zone steel target with it at 10 feet. I don’t know if it’s the sights or the barrel but it’s disgustingly inaccurate for a 22lr revolver. I have a ton of other revolvers with the same sighting set ups win all different calibers one being an 1895 Nagant which are notoriously horrid bleh and I can make hits well out to 25 and 30 yards so I’m pretty sure it’s not me. Before I send it back I want to have someone else familiar with the gun fire it to rule me out. I was going to bring it with me to the shoot this Saturday but I don’t think I’m going to be able to attend.

200 rounds, multiple brands of 22lr and 22 short. I haven’t tried the .22 WMR yet but I did get some CCI HP hunting loads.

Everyone seems to live these revolvers so maybe it’s just me. I didn’t have huge expectations for the finish and the lock up and fitting of the action but I was hoping it would be reasonably accurate at 10 yards to train my son. It’s not accurate at 10’.
    Damn that's a shame.
    Tanners had them for a while for $115 new.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Judging by the one I bought last month I think it might be overpriced by $85.00.
    It's funny how we don't always get what we pay for.
    I got a rough rider way back when they were $75.
    It was a cheap gun but shot well.
    Granted I did a lot of point/hip shooting with it so.........
    But I then ended up buying a stainless ruger super single six ...... man how I wanted to love that gun.
    Paid top dollar for it too......
    Picked up an awesome belt rig for it ...... and had dreams of smacking tree rats at 50yds , etc , etc ...... you know the drill.
    Everyone who ever had one raved about what a great shooting gun they were......
    Well , I could build a smooth bore that fired rocks that was better than that gun....
    The 22lr cylinder was awful ........ forget the 22mag cylinder .... that isn't even worth mentioning .....
    I actually sent it back to ruger and they returned it saying it was repaired ..... no mention of what was wrong or had been done....
    I certainly didn't notice anything about it ........
    It HAD been improved .........but how to put this .....
    Being able to hit the side of the barn from the inside ....... 3 out of 100 shots instead of 1 time out of 100 ..... is in fact an "improvement" ...... but so what?
    The ruger had cost me about 4 times as much as the rough rider ... give or take and I have not been able to bring myself to pick up another 22 wheelgun from ruger since........

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    It's funny how we don't always get what we pay for.
    I got a rough rider way back when they were $75.
    It was a cheap gun but shot well.
    Granted I did a lot of point/hip shooting with it so.........
    But I then ended up buying a stainless ruger super single six ...... man how I wanted to love that gun.
    Paid top dollar for it too......
    Picked up an awesome belt rig for it ...... and had dreams of smacking tree rats at 50yds , etc , etc ...... you know the drill.
    Everyone who ever had one raved about what a great shooting gun they were......
    Well , I could build a smooth bore that fired rocks that was better than that gun....
    The 22lr cylinder was awful ........ forget the 22mag cylinder .... that isn't even worth mentioning .....
    I actually sent it back to ruger and they returned it saying it was repaired ..... no mention of what was wrong or had been done....
    I certainly didn't notice anything about it ........
    It HAD been improved .........but how to put this .....
    Being able to hit the side of the barn from the inside ....... 3 out of 100 shots instead of 1 time out of 100 ..... is in fact an "improvement" ...... but so what?
    The ruger had cost me about 4 times as much as the rough rider ... give or take and I have not been able to bring myself to pick up another 22 wheelgun from ruger since........

Quality issues and defects are definitely not limited to just budget guns. I'd like to find someone like you who has a positive experience with one to give it a look see. Since May this will be the 3rd firearm purchase I am unhappy with or Wil need to go back. I'm not used to having issues with any of the purchases I make and when I have its only been two in over 10 years that had issues that manufacturers had to repair. 3 within two and a half months one of which was a thousand dollar rifle is just annoying.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Absolutely. They work well. Ranked high in Youtube extensive muzzle brake test with nearly 100 devices.

check granitemountain.com to compare. They usually have a good price on them.
    even with shipping schuyler arms sale on these has yet to be beat anywhere primary arms has a sale on them now too ..... not $35.00 but they are on sale.

(Allegheny County)

Doh! I meant graniteridge.com
    PITTSBURGH PAFOA Group Shoot! THIS SATURDAY, Aug 17th - Click here for info

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    2 entry level ar15s > 1 MSRP glock. (Putting on flame suit)
    Psalms 73:26

(Bucks County)

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Doh! I meant graniteridge.com
    i think you meant

https://www.graniteridgeoutfitters.com/

Page 1573 of 1603 FirstFirst ... 57310731473152315631569157015711572157315741575157615771583 ... LastLast