Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Thank you.
    I did some looking before and I didn't find anything definitive either.
    Admittedly I didn't direct the gaze of the all seeing eye at the problem, but it doesn't really need answering I guess.
    Who would you consider your go-to top choice for parts kits Obi-Wan?

Vendor or manufacturer?

Keeping in mind that I don't have the disposable income to get spendy on "top tier" stuff, I don't see much point in paying a ton for a LPK for a basic, "gonna plink at targets" rifle. If you aren't super concerned with how the trigger feels and MILSPEC is OK for you, then most any LPK is fine.

After that, the most popular choice is a LPK "MINUS trigger group" which gives you the parts you need without the trigger and hammer since you will be using a trigger group of your choosing.
    I did that with a few and I also chose a "trigger upgrade" with one - pay $10 extra for a nickle teflon polished trigger/hammer.

Just depends on what you want.

For basics, an Anderson works. I have no idea if their SS trigger hammer is any different than the standard black one - I have both.
    CMMG is a brand I'v seen suggested and I used one of theirs as well. They are neatly packaged with "groups" of parts in separate bags making sorting/identifying them easier.

EDIT: Spikes and Aero Precision are good brands too.
    I'd just avoid any "mystery brand" kits - "Made in USA" is better than made in China, but it doesn't really inspire the same confidence as buying a known brand.
    That said, I did use a TomsTactical.com LPK that's is "house brand" of Made in USA stuff and it was just fine.

All of the vendors I linked a few pages back carry an assortment of affordable options.
    Last edited by Emptymag; March 3rd, 2018 at 12:32 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Vendor or manufacturer?

Keeping in mind that I don't have the disposable income to get spendy on "top tier" stuff, I don't see much point in paying a ton for a LPK for a basic, "gonna plink at targets" rifle. If you aren't super concerned with how the trigger feels and MILSPEC is OK for you, then most any LPK is fine.

After that, the most popular choice is a LPK "MINUS trigger group" which gives you the parts you need without the trigger and hammer since you will be using a trigger group of your choosing.
    I did that with a few and I also chose a "trigger upgrade" with one - pay $10 extra for a nickle teflon polished trigger/hammer.

Just depends on what you want.

For basics, an Anderson works. I have no idea if their SS trigger hammer is any different than the standard black one - I have both.
    CMMG is a brand I'v seen suggested and I used one of theirs as well. They are neatly packaged with "groups" of parts in separate bags making sorting/identifying them easier.

All of the vendors I linked a few pages back carry an assortment of affordable options.
    Thank you.
    You are a gentleman and a scholar offering assistance despite my having no water.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Thank you.
    You are a gentleman and a scholar offering assistance despite my having no water.

Here's a fairly priced kit that includes a Rock River Arms (RRA) National Match 2 stage trigger.
    https://www.righttobear.com/Rock-Riv...p/ar0120nm.htm

The RRA NM 2 stage trigger group alone can be found on sale for $90 some places.
    It's a nice trigger. There are better triggers on the market now, but not a lot at that price point.
    I have that trigger in two of my rifles and have had people hand it back to me commenting on it having a nice trigger.

Just a thought. Something nicer than a milspec single stage trigger. It's a lighter, smoother trigger.

(Montgomery County)

Here's a fairly priced kit that includes a Rock River Arms (RRA) National Match 2 stage trigger.
    https://www.righttobear.com/Rock-Riv...p/ar0120nm.htm

The RRA NM 2 stage trigger group alone can be found on sale for $90 some places.
    It's a nice trigger. There are better triggers on the market now, but not a lot at that price point.
    I have that trigger in two of my rifles and have had people hand it back to me commenting on it having a nice trigger.

Just a thought. Something nicer than a milspec single stage trigger. It's a lighter, smoother trigger.
    Thank you.
    I am probably going to order my parts today.
    Now that I purchased the receiver I may as well just get it all lined up.
    I have been thinking about doing this build for a while, just never got it moving.
    I appreciate the info.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Bucks County)

http://www.ar15sales.com/store/miscparts.html

Same lpk $129
    I agree with everything that EM said as far as this particular trigger. Better out there now, but not for this price. I’ve had these in previous rifles without issue, and plan on buying one of these kits in a couple of weeks for a build in progress.

If I had the dinero, I’d buy it now...sigh

(Bucks County)

The two I have I like very much given their value:

For single stage trigger, the EPT milspec by PSA (any lower parts kit that has this at PSA) and then add a JP spring ($12) to lower the pull slightly (you get two springs, one for duty maybe 4.5#, and one lighter for target shooting). Makes a very nice milspec trigger, smooth, light, and crisp for not much money. Single stage for combat/home defense.

For two stage trigger, the Rock Island National Match trigger with lower parts pack. That regularly is on sale for $90 or $99 (or 99 with shipping?), I forget. Two stage for competition/bullseye shooting.

I would do those two again, and got them partly on mention from Empty here.
    Last edited by erichard; March 3rd, 2018 at 02:47 PM.

(Allegheny County)

3 Anderson lowers remaining at AIM. LOL
    135 of the Noreen brand lowers left.
    For a while the Noreens were outpacing the Andersons, but...

ETA: Primary Arms still has Anderson's in stock on sale for $40

(Lackawanna County)

I like "no forward assist" uppers.
    Anderson has a slick side with NO provision for a dust cover ($40 at AIM)l
    Aero makes the same, but it's rare to find one.
    Aero also has one with no forward assist but WITH a dust cover installed for $55 (righttobear.com)
    I have rifles with each brand of these two types. Debating if having a dust cover is worth the extra $15.
    Not really a bad price considering it's a step up from Anderson.
    Is there an advantage to having no forward assist or dust cover? Or is it simply less expensive that way?
    Just curious
    I'm faster than Doc Holliday (with Novocaine of course)

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DrillNFill View Post
    Is there an advantage to having no forward assist or dust cover? Or is it simply less expensive that way?
    Just curious

Less expensive but only by a few dollars.
    I just like having it more streamlined with no FA button to catch on anything. Can't recall ever really hearing of anyone who has USED a forward assist. I'm sure there's a scenario where it could come in handy, but I've never needed it.

9mm typically doesn't use a forward assist - the BCGs don't have serrations for it. (I think I did see one recently that noted it DID have serrations)

Dust cover... Meh - once it's open, I rarely push it closed. Made more sense when we had 5 cats, but what do I really need a dust cover for? I can take it or leave it.

Some people like them for lightweight builds. I used the Anderson with no FA and no dust cover for my wife's lightweight.

(Bucks County)

https://grabagun.com/ruger-72.html

Ruger Precision Rifle 6mm Creedmoor

$799+$ 7.99 shipping

5.56 also $799

Page 1248 of 2598 FirstFirst ... 24874811481198123812441245124612471248124912501251125212581298134817482248 ... LastLast