Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Quote Originally Posted by littlefitz View Post
    Although this isn't really the place for it, I would be interested to hear your reasons for disliking PSA.
    They have a reputation of sloppiness in regard to their In-House AR15 and AK rifles. I have worked on a few, including my own. I bought an AR10 from a guy who was so upset with the reliability of the rifle, he sold it for a loss. I couldn't get reliable functionality from this rifle at all. After taking the rifle completely apart, I found a multitude of sins. A gas port in the barrel that was so small, I was surprised it functioned at all. After drilling that out to spec, I found that PSA had rigged a cut buffer spring and some lightweight buffer to compensate for the lack of gas. After buying the proper buffer spring and buffer, the firearm now works as intended. This was a rifle that should have never made it through QC. Then to have it send back by the original owner and have one of their "technicians" repair the rifle in this manner, showed a lack of knowledge and professionalism.

There has also been reports of out of spec receivers. A friend bought a PSA lower and could not get the grip attached to the receiver. He had filed away material from the grip and was then able to slide the grip onto the receiver. But then he couldn't screw the grip to the receiver because the hole didn't align with the receiver. We found the receiver was out of spec and I recommended he call them about the situation. The answer he got was that there is some fitting required and this was to be expected. I couldn't believe they said that was to be expected. He elongated the hole to make it work, but I've never seen anything like it. The hole wasn't close to aligning, it looked like it was a half of a hole off, but it was his rifle, so he did what he wanted to do.

These are but 2 examples. I won't get into their issues with the PSA line of AK rifles.

YMMV

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
    They have a reputation of sloppiness in regard to their In-House AR15 and AK rifles.
    As I was saying a few pages back, I think it's essential when buying a gun, that you take each gun in each caliber and gather info to determine whether they have a reputation as being reliable and accurate. Some designs are good, some not, some sources reliable, some not. PSA has a big menu of guns sourced from a big menu of subcontractors, so I think it's hard to disparage them overall. Tons of satisfied customers at PSA, but yet you find some duds. The early PA10's were problematic. Stay away from problematic guns because if they can't figure it out, you are going to have an even tougher time (read expensive time, mostly in ammo wasted). When you put out high value guns, you are cutting corners hopefully in places that are OK to do. When low margin producers are developing a new line, they are essentially selling a beta testing platform. Stay away from that combo, cheap producer with a new design. PSA seems to be good at sourcing millspec AR-15's, as those have become commodities in many respects. That's their forte. One day, that PA10 is going to be a great value, maybe even now, but don't volunteer to be a beta tester. It'll be cheaper and better a year or three down the pike. My PSA AR-15 has been very reliable and seems very well built. It's a gun by gun analysis I think.
    Last edited by erichard; February 2nd, 2018 at 03:06 PM.

That's why I ended my post with YMMV. But out of the 10 or so PSA firearms/firearm parts, I've had to deal with, 4 were out of spec items. That's not a good ratio. Their AR rifles are diamonds compared to their AK rifles. When you find one of their AK rifles unreliable or unsafe, you have no choice but to send it back.

(Bucks County)

Good to know about the AK's. Another beta offering from them I think. I don't doubt your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by erichard View Post
    Good to know about the AK's. Another beta offering from them I think. I don't doubt your experience.
    The sad part is most of the issues should have been caught in their QC department. But it would seem that they ship out all of their firearms and let the customers do their QC.

A quick Google search will give you an indication on their QC issues.

(Lehigh County)

Let's get back to spending money. Academy has 525 box of Federal .22 for $22.99 and free shipping over $25. Grabbed a box and added $3 of paper targets to get the free shipping. Not too bad

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/fed...e=CJ&utm_term=

(Bucks County)

I saw that too. I was reading yesterday or so that people were getting a similar box at Walmart for under $20, which would be great. Have to add tax and trouble of going to search a Walmart though. Worth checking if you find yourself in a Walmart perhaps. I find Academy pretty convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by rckeystone View Post
    Let's get back to spending money. Academy has 525 box of Federal .22 for $22.99 and free shipping over $25. Grabbed a box and added $3 of paper targets to get the free shipping. Not too bad

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/fed...e=CJ&utm_term=

that's a good price. also eBates gives back 1.5%

Just to show I'm not completely against PSA, here is a great deal on 7.62x51 149gr ammo. Can't beat this deal with a stick. 20 round box=$9.99 Order 10 boxes or more and you get free shipping.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/lake-...=12%3a00+Email

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-a...kit-black.html

I love this kit when it's on sale ($130 free sh last time).

I have 3 rifles with the STR+EPT setup, and one that's sans the EPT (which is fine, I have a drop in RA-140 trigger in that gun.)

Page 1223 of 2598 FirstFirst ... 22372311231173121312191220122112221223122412251226122712331273132317232223 ... LastLast