Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Clearfield County)

Default Re: Share Deals on Guns Ammo Accessories Here

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I don't know how some people can resist - the prices are absurdly low right now.
    I want to buy stuff just because I may never see it at that price again - but I have to keep myself in check.

Those Shield pistols for just over $200? INSANE! Trying hard not to buy one. If not for the recent car/truck repairs I'd have jumped.
    Well I'm resisting because I'm buying a fucking house, but after that shit is done next week I might jump on one of the shield .45's, even though I really have no need of it.

We

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    I can resist $600....for now.
    how bout $599.99 lol
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-1...516445850.html

Or if your in the mood for an AR 10 for just a $100.00 more at $699.99

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-g...516445978.html

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Pretty sure they currently have a $600 9mm Glock mag AR15
    Is it just me, or does anyone else hate how the Glock mag ARs look? I wouldn't mind having an AR in 9mm but i think they're ugly with that glock mag sticking out of it. On a different note, Tanners has some great deals on their facebook page. I pulled the trigger on a Bushmaster Minimalist for $579 after rebate. They have 16 of them coming in next week.

(Northampton County)

Yeah, they look stupid. But one of our members here got an actual Colt 9mm and it was so light I could not believe it. And he put some sort of bump fire stock on it and it actually worked with 9mm. It was a lot of fun and a nice piece of kit. Not sure what mags they use.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by GTI19403 View Post
    Is it just me, or does anyone else hate how the Glock mag ARs look? I wouldn't mind having an AR in 9mm but i think they're ugly with that glock mag sticking out of it. On a different note, Tanners has some great deals on their facebook page. I pulled the trigger on a Bushmaster Minimalist for $579 after rebate. They have 16 of them coming in next week.
    EM agrees with you.
    I figure it's just the way they have to look, because you know, it's a smaller mag holding smaller rounds.

I suppose a guy could JB Weld some AR mag bodies over the Glock mags to make it look more pretty...

All pistol caliber guns are going to look "funny" if you compare them to the same rifle in a rifle caliber.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Yeah, they look stupid. But one of our members here got an actual Colt 9mm and it was so light I could not believe it. And he put some sort of bump fire stock on it and it actually worked with 9mm. It was a lot of fun and a nice piece of kit. Not sure what mags they use.
    They use Colt 9mm mags.

There are/have been other kits and conversions over the years that take Sten mags, Uzi mags and the Olympic guns that take Olympic mags.

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    EM agrees with you.
    I figure it's just the way they have to look, because you know, it's a smaller mag holding smaller rounds.

I suppose a guy could JB Weld some AR mag bodies over the Glock mags to make it look more pretty...

All pistol caliber guns are going to look "funny" if you compare them to the same rifle in a rifle caliber.
    to me its more the mag angle, mp5 mags and pps43 mags look ok in ar15s IMO

Hokkmike Guest

Local gun store (to me) L&R Sporting Goods in New Albany, PA has Taurus 9mm slim semi-autos OUT THE DOOR for $205.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    to me its more the mag angle, mp5 mags and pps43 mags look ok in ar15s IMO
    Meh, to me they better match the angle of the pistol grip on the rifle, more symmetric.

I think it's just because they do not look "traditional" that people don't like them.

Once you get past the look and come to the conclusion that it needs to be that way to feed properly and that if you already have a Glock in 9mm you are not going to have to buy yet another mag that may or may not work as has been the case over the years with the Colt style guns it's not that bad.

At least that's how it is for me, and I have borderline OCD so if I can overcome the non traditional look others should be able to as well.

I had a Colt style that took the mag block years ago and I had nothing but problems with magazines.
    I know the manufacturing has gotten better but over the years I've had far too many guns that were far too picky with magazines.
    A buddy has one of the Palmetto 9mm rifles and it simply works.
    That's why I'll eventually get around to buying one, past experience has soured me on the Colt style, I can overlook the "funny" angle of the mag if I know I'm getting something that will work.

(Perry County)

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Page 1084 of 2599 FirstFirst ... 845849841034107410801081108210831084108510861087108810941134118415842084 ... LastLast