Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: anti-gun meeting in Bucks Co.

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    If someone can pull this off with a serious face, that would be epic.
    Sure would be, I either be laughing my head off or screaming like a raving banshee...or both
    Jesus is Lord !

(Bucks County)

Talking Re: anti-gun meeting in Bucks Co.

I haven't looked, but would this be a good place for an OC gathering? Wouldn't it be funny if, oh say, 50 or 100 OC'ers showed up a half hopur before and got all the good seats?

(Bucks County)

My calendar is free that night. I'm willing to go, but would like to get some commitment from at least 1 or 2 others (would be great if we got 10+ to go though). I'm looking at this as a re-education camp for the unlogical liberals in the world... Should be a very friendly thing though, no yelling or holding up banners like during the NRA press conference, we don't need to sink to their level, using logic should be fine...I'm actually curious to see how they reply to logic up close and personal.

(Bucks County)

17th? I'm in, and if it's cold out, I'll drive the Manx! Does anyone know for sure it's not on a school property? I hold that it's legal, but none of us want to be the test case. At least not while it's cold outside, if it was warm out ,sure.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by inline View Post
    My calendar is free that night. I'm willing to go, but would like to get some commitment from at least 1 or 2 others (would be great if we got 10+ to go though). I'm looking at this as a re-education camp for the unlogical liberals in the world... Should be a very friendly thing though, no yelling or holding up banners like during the NRA press conference, we don't need to sink to their level, using logic should be fine...I'm actually curious to see how they reply to logic up close and personal.
    I've been seriously considering going. If you're serious as well, I'll check my schedule when I get home and make a commitment to be there.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    1. All guns owners be licensed the same way you need a license to drive a car.
    2. Pass a proficiency test before you can use a gun.
    3.Transfer title/ownership whenever a gun is traded or sold.
    I have had success talking to antis by explaing how many of the proposed laws or implementing any of the above points would not have prevented what happened in Newtown. About the only thing that would have prevented him is if he had been committed for treatment for mental illness - and that is where you should go at this meeting, press her for what the mental health community can do from this point on - she should be able to answer this as it is her profession - and point out gun regulation is not. Above all else, no matter how "uninformed" the attendees are, do not loose your tempers - intelligent, civil discussion is still the best way to brings others to our side. They will always mistake our passion for self defense as "angry idiot with a gun" stereotype.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    I'm ten minutes from there and I'm afraid of the same thing. I'm so fed up with these freaking dumb ass morons either too stupid to know they are asking for genocide or wanting to commit it. If I go I may tell someone off....
    I don't have a problem discussing the topic with open minded people b/c I feel that I can educate them and dismiss a lot of myths about firearms and their owners. What I can't tolerate is someone that has already made up their mind and has filled it with so much junk that you can't fit logic or facts in there. But I digress...they probably view us the same way.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    17th? I'm in, and if it's cold out, I'll drive the Manx! Does anyone know for sure it's not on a school property? I hold that it's legal, but none of us want to be the test case. At least not while it's cold outside, if it was warm out ,sure.

It's not on school property. Township property.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by DSMDealer View Post
    I use this one commonly.

Rarely do I get someone to bite as the use of simple logic as opposed to uniformed knee jerking seems to confuse them.
    Confuse? You got wrong liberals, then. The usual response is "you just dont get it".
    Je suis déplorable

(Montgomery County)

Well, I'm in. I just filled out the RSVP.

Anyone else going want to form a thread or message list to chat about strategy/points to be made?

I'm planning on offering to help set up, dress as "preppy" as I can to avoid looking like what they think a "gun person" looks like, pull up in my aging BMW Wagon (dog hauler), and load for bear with informtion that I think will be beneficial in the quest of shooting down some of their false beliefs with actual statistical data from government agencies.

As much as I'd like to carry to an event like this, the second they notice it, the whole situation will turn outright advesarial and no amount of reasoning/fact providing will do an ounce of good.

Open to thoughts/suggestions...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast