Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: anti-gun meeting in Bucks Co.

Quote Originally Posted by schmol View Post
    The founding fathers never invisioned telephones, computers, cellphones, or the internet when they stated we have freedom of speech, so my guess is we should limit peoples right to free speech when using these devices.
    You're late to the game. Censorship and wiretapping has already begun.

(Northampton County)

Question ideas:

"We need to ban banana clips so that children don't pick them up thinking that they're fruit. I mean, how sick are these gun manufacturers that they think it's OK to confuse people by making guns that look like food?"

"Shouldn't we make it illegal to have barrels over 2" long, so that people can't stack extra bullets to kill more people?"

"How can people shoot machine guns so fast since you have to load the bullets into the front of the barrel after every shot?"

"Can't we just make it illegal to shoot guns sideways, because you can't spray bullets with guns if they're right-side up?"

"I think it's very important to get that super dangerous AR-15s out of civilian hands... do you know how many elephants are poached in this country every year by those terrible poachers with their AR-15 mass murder machines? Think of those poor elephants everyone... Just one bullet from an AR-15 can kill such a beautiful creature. I mean, a deranged 30-bullet banana clip in an AR-15 could kill a whole herd of 40 or more elephants just by spraying them for less than a second with that horrible horrible gun! *start crying* Those poor elephants... they're endangered... and the AR-15's kill so many... *keeps crying*"

"I was looking at pictures of scary guns the other day. Did you know they make a gun where the barrel points backwards at the user? They really need to ban those!"

And my favorite:

"When are they going to ban bullets that curve after you shoot them? I them in a movie once and got really scared. I think they're the biggest problem we face right now!"
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by imperialism2024 View Post
    Question ideas:

"We need to ban banana clips so that children don't pick them up thinking that they're fruit. I mean, how sick are these gun manufacturers that they think it's OK to confuse people by making guns that look like food?"

"Shouldn't we make it illegal to have barrels over 2" long, so that people can't stack extra bullets to kill more people?"

"How can people shoot machine guns so fast since you have to load the bullets into the front of the barrel after every shot?"

"Can't we just make it illegal to shoot guns sideways, because you can't spray bullets with guns if they're right-side up?"

"I think it's very important to get that super dangerous AR-15s out of civilian hands... do you know how many elephants are poached in this country every year by those terrible poachers with their AR-15 mass murder machines? Think of those poor elephants everyone... Just one bullet from an AR-15 can kill such a beautiful creature. I mean, a deranged 30-bullet banana clip in an AR-15 could kill a whole herd of 40 or more elephants just by spraying them for less than a second with that horrible horrible gun! *start crying* Those poor elephants... they're endangered... and the AR-15's kill so many... *keeps crying*"

"I was looking at pictures of scary guns the other day. Did you know they make a gun where the barrel points backwards at the user? They really need to ban those!"

And my favorite:

"When are they going to ban bullets that curve after you shoot them? I them in a movie once and got really scared. I think they're the biggest problem we face right now!"
    If someone can pull this off with a serious face, that would be epic.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    I would attend but I doubt I would be able to bite my tongue long enough for them to finish spewing their misguided points across.
    I'm ten minutes from there and I'm afraid of the same thing. I'm so fed up with these freaking dumb ass morons either too stupid to know they are asking for genocide or wanting to commit it. If I go I may tell someone off....

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by schmol View Post
    The founding fathers never envisioned telephones, computers, cellphones, or the internet when they stated we have freedom of speech, so my guess is we should limit peoples right to free speech when using these devices.
    I use this one commonly.

Rarely do I get someone to bite as the use of simple logic as opposed to uniformed knee jerking seems to confuse them.

(Montgomery County)

I'm tempted to go to this as it's not too far away from me.

The only thing that makes me think twice is if I can show up and present a logical, unheated response without loosing my composure in the face of the almost assured misinformed material they'll present.

If you go there and lose composure, instead of possibly informing people of simple truths and allaying false fears, you're just going to reinforce the "Gun Crazy" stigmata, not help matters, and possibly make it worse.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Just wanted to let you all know Adina Lambert MA, a licensed psychologist, is holding a meeting to promote anti-gun regulations in Richboro.
    She says she supports the 2nd amendment but doesn't believe it applies to "killing machines" like the AK's & AR's because our founding fathers were referring to muskets & had no idea these other guns would ever be available.
    Anyone who thinks that a musket is not a "killing machine".... (1) Has never been shot with a musket, and (2) Doesn't know much about the Civil War.
    "These Romans are crazy!"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Just wanted to let you all know Adina Lambert MA, a licensed psychologist, is holding a meeting to promote anti-gun regulations in Richboro.
    She says she supports the 2nd amendment but doesn't believe it applies to "killing machines" like the AK's & AR's because our founding fathers were referring to muskets & had no idea these other guns would ever be available.
    She wants, among other things,that:
    1. All guns owners be licensed the same way you need a license to drive a car.
    2. Pass a proficiency test before you can use a gun.
    3.Transfer title/ownership whenever a gun is traded or sold.
    She wants people to join her for a planning meeting for:
    "Community Committee to End Gun Violence
    Thursday, Jan. 17th at Northampton Free Public Library
    25 Upper Holland Rd, Richboro.
    RSVP at website http://www.civic.moveon.org/event/co...mmittee/136755

It would be nice if some or us, or even many of RSVP'd & reasonably voiced our views & opinions at this meeting.
    What are your thoughts ?

don’t play defense, go offense….. don’t cite the usually arguments that most gun owners use, they want a debate to deal with the problems of innocent people being killed, tell them to bring it, don’t sing, here how you tear them up with facts to fight emotions and "feel good" non experts views of firearms

Here is some talking point you can write up to counter for anyone that goes to destroy these 4 listed

read em and craft your own

TREATING CARS LIKE GUNS there are many more besides these

http://www.davekopel.com/2a/lawrev/T...nsLikeCars.htm

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...uns-like-cars/

don’t forget to throw in the zinger that almost ALL of the mass shooters had use of cars to commit their crimes and IF cars would have been ban or more heavily regulated those murders might wouldn’t have happen IF they had to use public transportation. Not to mentioned all the blood being shed on the highways every day.

Mention also how passing a proficiency test before you can use a car works out so well on the highways, back to regulating guns like cars.

Plus you can buy and use any car you can afford without ANY license, ANY background check IF it never goes on public highways, just like ATV are now, Including drunk drivers that have killed people with cars in the past, can always buy another car.

Yeah treating gun like cars they would have to repeal most of the current gun control laws.

the fact is guns are much more regulated that cars, despite cars kills more people year after year. Plus there are no go fast speed limits on cars so we would have to let people buy machine guns like cars.

how is this feel good concept working out now Adina Lambert MA, a licensed psychologist to loosen up regulation on guns, by treating them like cars?

Chain of custody of transfer of firearms- is this not the same as people dealing in legal prescription drugs and government monopoly of illegal drugs regulation. BTW how is that war on drugs working out?

As to any doctors or psychologists being a leader to lobby for guns control to save lives, they need to clean their own profession with all the related deaths up before move somewhere else, besides how many of these mass shooters had a supervising doctor or psychologists treating them .

Why Shrinks Have Problems there are many more besides these few

http://www.psychologytoday.com/artic...-have-problems
    http://ironshrink.com/2007/08/how-to...razy-part-one/
    http://brainz.org/10-psychological-e...orribly-wrong/

Someone could get into all the accidental deaths due to doctor screw ups, giving mind alternating legal prescription drugs, go to how many of this wacko mass murders where high on all of this stuff, are they for regulating these and treating them the same as firearms?

ALL of this related stuff needs to be brought into this debate because just banning or more regulating firearms doesn’t solve the real problems, its just treating the symptoms, they want a public debate with a hard look, let debate them and give them a war they don't want to fight.

In our society we operate for the good of the general public under the concept of doing less harm to protect us from the more bad things that can happen with people actions.

This is how the doctors and big pharmacy companies get away with many thousands accidental deaths, staggering numbers every years for many years through unintended consequences of "mistakes" get a free pass for their deaths and not held accountable.

Maybe it way past time we start more heavily regulating the mismanagement of what is so called health care in this country, how about regulating them like firearms?
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Lebanon County)

I was actually able to shut a Liberal Gun Grabber up on Facebook, by allowing him to state his case about only the military needs those killing machines. I asked him if he knew what the composition of the defensive forces of the United States were, and what the legal classes of Militia are. I then referenced US Code 10, cited and hot linked, showing that EVERY man 17 - 46 are members of the militia, by law. I then pointed out that disarming the militia in times of declaired conflict (careful not to be confused with the term declaired war) could be considered high treason. He asked what declaired conflict, my reply was Korea (we're still at Truce, no peace), the 'War' on terror with operations ongoing in Afghanistan and other countries, and if he wanted to count it, the 'War' on drugs, since military forces have been and are deployed in operational support of it in foriegn countries.

After that I refered him to the Federalist and Anti-Federalists papers. He actually thanked me for the references, and information. I don't think I converted him, but he bowed out gracefully and thanked me. This may also be a tactic to use on this woman. Don't forget the tax on sawed off shotguns was held constitutional because it servered "no military purpose" per US vs Miller.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    I was actually able to shut a Liberal Gun Grabber up on Facebook, by allowing him to state his case about only the military needs those killing machines. I asked him if he knew what the composition of the defensive forces of the United States were, and what the legal classes of Militia are. I then referenced US Code 10, cited and hot linked, showing that EVERY man 17 - 46 are members of the militia, by law. I then pointed out that disarming the militia in times of declaired conflict (careful not to be confused with the term declaired war) could be considered high treason. He asked what declaired conflict, my reply was Korea (we're still at Truce, no peace), the 'War' on terror with operations ongoing in Afghanistan and other countries, and if he wanted to count it, the 'War' on drugs, since military forces have been and are deployed in operational support of it in foriegn countries.

After that I refered him to the Federalist and Anti-Federalists papers. He actually thanked me for the references, and information. I don't think I converted him, but he bowed out gracefully and thanked me. This may also be a tactic to use on this woman. Don't forget the tax on sawed off shotguns was held constitutional because it servered "no military purpose" per US vs Miller.
    Sounds like he went off with his tail between his legs after that sound thrashing, nice work
    Jesus is Lord !

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast