Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default some facts to consider, talking points

After a bit of a search, I've finally found historic information on Australian homicide rates. The pigs like to talk about the "success" of Australia with their gun ban reducing homicide rates there. Here is some real, factual data about Australia.

First, homicide rates were already heading down when they passed the gun ban (much like here, with the 1994 AW ban). Second, homicide rates over the last 50 years don't show significant reductions attributable to gun laws. The pigs would like people to believe that the gun ban there transformed Australia from a violent place to a peaceful place. The fact is that Australia has always had a lower homicide rate than the US, always. Their rate was about a third of the US rate in the 1960s, and it still is today. Also noteworthy is the fact that the homicide rate now, after the ban, is just as high as it was in the 70s. The ban did NOT change the homicide rate. It DID change the number of gun homicides as a proportion of the total. You'll hear pigs talk about the gun homicide rate being 40 times higher in the US. Well, that ignores all the unfortunate souls who get stabbed, beaten, etc. Like they're less dead or something? Guns as a proportion of total homicides have always been lower in Australia than the US. The peak was between 40-50%. Meaning, guns have pretty much always been a minority of homicide means in Australia. After the gun ban, that rate has declined to 20%. So gun homicides have been cut in half. But the total rate did NOT decline that much. As noted above, the homicide rate was already declining when the ban was passed.

A lot of Aussies feel better about themselves because of the ban. They did something. That's what it's really about; pigs need to feel better about themselves by doing something, so they will take away your property and your choices, even though it doesn't actually make a difference in the net rate of murders. It makes them feel superior. That sense of smug superiority and entitlement is what drives the gun control movement.

I already had historic data from the UK. There too, homicide rates were always lower than the US. It's not like gun control made Britain a safer place. It didn't. When Britain passed their first major modern gun control act in 1968, homicide rates went UP. And stayed up. Eventually, the homicide rate doubled what it was before 1968. After the Hungerford massacre, they passed a new major set of restrictions in 1988. It didn't make a difference in the overall homicide rate. Then they had the Dunblane massacre, and they passed a major ban in 1998 so severe their Olympic shooting team can't even practice in the UK. The homicide rate stayed higher than it was in 1968. After the gun ban, total recorded gun crimes (not just homicides) DOUBLED in five years. They've eased off since then, but the reality is blindingly obvious to anyone who isn't willfully blind: gun laws don't work. The homicide rate in the UK was about a third that of the US in 1967, and it remains so today. But they've gone all the way down the slippery slope, and we've remained liberal in our gun laws. Britain has never, since they started restricting guns in 1968, had a homicide rate as low as it was in 1967, BEFORE they started heavily restricting guns and eventually banning them. Again, not that it makes a difference to the dead, but shootings are the third leading mode of homicide in the UK, after stabbings & beatings. People who are bad enough to kill people don't care how they do it, and they don't care if they have to break the law to have a gun.

Let's start with the proposition that any ban or restriction on the People (not even guns, but anything) must be reasonably expected to serve a public good. You can look at the history of gun laws and objectively conclude that gun bans don't save lives. Ergo, there is no reasonable expectation of a public good in such an act.

Please feel free to use this information in any public manner to refute the pigs who want others to be powerless so that they may feel better about themselves that they have done something. Don't expect the outright sociopaths like Diane Feinstein to care. A mere pig might be educated, but there's no hope for sociopaths. My information for the UK comes from the Home Office statistical bulletins. For Australia, I found an academic paper today. I'll try to bring it home in the next few days so I can give you a proper cite. I think you can tell the parts above where I'm just ranting, but the statistics are hard, cold facts.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: some facts to consider, talking points

I've noticed that on you-tube there were several videos showing how countries that enacted total gun bans like Australia that violent crime, home invasions, rape, murder,rose by a wide margin! those videos are NOW all of a sudden taken down from you-tube. Yearly: (in America)443,000 smoking deaths-106,000 prescription drug deaths-115,000 bedsores deaths-98,000 medical error deaths-88,000 deaths from infections- 32,000 from surgery-37,000 unnecessary medical procedures! from the FBI crime statistics since 1990 more people die each year from hammers & blunt force than by rifles! So hammers have killed more people than have the nasty AR-15 OR LIKE