Quote Originally Posted by Tacgunner View Post
A "Ban" on certain weapons is not going to happen, but new "regulations" will happen. Gather 'round with your foil Snuggie jackets cinched up tight, here's a story for a long Winters Night: The dread "Gun Ban Bill" will be brought before the House: it will be debated and fought about. It will not pass, it will not go, because the Elected know it's all for show. Amidst much grumbling the Bill will be put to it's bed, once more, finally dead.

We will go to sleep, dreaming our dreams, of low-priced P-Mags and AR15's! And while in our slumber, with no thoughts in our heads, the Leader of our nation has been prepared. Like a left-hook, out of the blue, he'll draft an EO and make a call. The "Ban Bill" will have it's title scrubbed: it'll be an Executive Order to the ATF, reclassifying our fun guns to "Class 3" (remember what happened to the "Streetsweeper" shotguns?).

And when we awaken from our pleasing dreams, horror of horrors, "we've been deceived"! We'll have 30 days to paperwork our stuff, and knowing the Government, 30 days ain't enough! Criminals all, that's what we'll be, simply for trying to "Keep America Free". After 30 days we will all be stuck, with weapons we can't have (we're all so *ucked)! We won't be able to shoot what we hid, cause they will be looking for "Papers please, or we'll take your kids!" So hidden away, in rust and disuse, our caches of weapons now of little use. No ammo to be had, unless you've a card, that shows what you're allowed to have. No pictures to share, for now there will be a snitching reward on gunowners heads.

And I guess now, I'll end this thread.....For there's nothing more to do but pray real hard, because the only thing I trust in anymore is God.
Good post. The "30 days" thing (although speculative) is what bothers me the most. No doubt, if this legislation passed, there would be X number of days, months, etc. that we would have to get registered. I doubt the government would fund the ATF for enough examiners, so it would likely take YEARS for everyone to get registered. In the meantime, what we own is illegal, and there would likely be penalties for not having your stuff registered in time, and you can't throw it in the river or sell it to anyone.
Even if there was no tangible penalty, like fines, jail time, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if an entry into a database as a felon would prevent us from getting an LTCF, buy any more guns, or even get a job.