Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Life after the assault weapons ban

Quote Originally Posted by Tacgunner View Post
    A "Ban" on certain weapons is not going to happen, but new "regulations" will happen. Gather 'round with your foil Snuggie jackets cinched up tight, here's a story for a long Winters Night: The dread "Gun Ban Bill" will be brought before the House: it will be debated and fought about. It will not pass, it will not go, because the Elected know it's all for show. Amidst much grumbling the Bill will be put to it's bed, once more, finally dead.

We will go to sleep, dreaming our dreams, of low-priced P-Mags and AR15's! And while in our slumber, with no thoughts in our heads, the Leader of our nation has been prepared. Like a left-hook, out of the blue, he'll draft an EO and make a call. The "Ban Bill" will have it's title scrubbed: it'll be an Executive Order to the ATF, reclassifying our fun guns to "Class 3" (remember what happened to the "Streetsweeper" shotguns?).

And when we awaken from our pleasing dreams, horror of horrors, "we've been deceived"! We'll have 30 days to paperwork our stuff, and knowing the Government, 30 days ain't enough! Criminals all, that's what we'll be, simply for trying to "Keep America Free". After 30 days we will all be stuck, with weapons we can't have (we're all so *ucked)! We won't be able to shoot what we hid, cause they will be looking for "Papers please, or we'll take your kids!" So hidden away, in rust and disuse, our caches of weapons now of little use. No ammo to be had, unless you've a card, that shows what you're allowed to have. No pictures to share, for now there will be a snitching reward on gunowners heads.

And I guess now, I'll end this thread.....For there's nothing more to do but pray real hard, because the only thing I trust in anymore is God.
    Good post. The "30 days" thing (although speculative) is what bothers me the most. No doubt, if this legislation passed, there would be X number of days, months, etc. that we would have to get registered. I doubt the government would fund the ATF for enough examiners, so it would likely take YEARS for everyone to get registered. In the meantime, what we own is illegal, and there would likely be penalties for not having your stuff registered in time, and you can't throw it in the river or sell it to anyone.
    Even if there was no tangible penalty, like fines, jail time, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if an entry into a database as a felon would prevent us from getting an LTCF, buy any more guns, or even get a job.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tacgunner View Post
    We will go to sleep, dreaming our dreams, of low-priced P-Mags and AR15's! And while in our slumber, with no thoughts in our heads, the Leader of our nation has been prepared. Like a left-hook, out of the blue, he'll draft an EO and make a call. The "Ban Bill" will have it's title scrubbed: it'll be an Executive Order to the ATF, reclassifying our fun guns to "Class 3" (remember what happened to the "Streetsweeper" shotguns?).

And when we awaken from our pleasing dreams, horror of horrors, "we've been deceived"! We'll have 30 days to paperwork our stuff, and knowing the Government, 30 days ain't enough! Criminals all, that's what we'll be, simply for trying to "Keep America Free". After 30 days we will all be stuck, with weapons we can't have (we're all so *ucked)! We won't be able to shoot what we hid, cause they will be looking for "Papers please, or we'll take your kids!" So hidden away, in rust and disuse, our caches of weapons now of little use. No ammo to be had, unless you've a card, that shows what you're allowed to have. No pictures to share, for now there will be a snitching reward on gunowners heads.

And I guess now, I'll end this thread.....For there's nothing more to do but pray real hard, because the only thing I trust in anymore is God.

Could happen.... I take some comfort from the fact that the Harrison Act made Heroin an illegal narcotic in 1914.

In 1937 the Marijuana Tax Stamp act, modeled on the NFA, required people to purchase a tax stamp to buy marijuana.

In the 1950s and 1960s the Federal Bureau of Narcotics under Harry Anslinger never failed to get some work.

In 1970 Nixon declared "War on Drugs".

In 1980 Mr. Reagan introduced "Zero Tolerance".

In 2013 3,000,000 Americans are in prison, about half of them for drug related offenses.

School kids can buy drugs. Let's put that out there again - School aged kids, who don't normally have much money, can still get drugs or know someone who can get them drugs.

People's lives are being destroyed by vastly worse drugs than Heroin, Cocaine or Marijuana - they're using Methamphetamines (which can be made in your home), Crack Cocaine, synthetic heroin and so on.

The Gun Control Lobby will miss the days of "Semi-automatic Machineguns" when Military grade automatic firearms, silenced weapons like the Russian VAL or PSS

http://world.guns.ru/assault/rus/as-val-e.html

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg/rus/pss-silent-e.html

or small amounts of military explosives are used in crimes.

Prohibition has a way of encouraging people to substitute more concentrated items. Everclear, Crack or silenced military grade firearms.

(Lackawanna County)

I remember a time, back in 1986 (ah, what innocent times they were) when lulled into happy gun buying days that we were awash in "assault" weapons. So many types and models to pick from, it was simply grand! And one could buy a parts kit, do your paperwork and POOF, you had a real select-fire toy with the blessing of Uncle Sam.

But then a dark cloud came: the Firearms Owners Protection Act (FOPA). {Hey, on PAFOA talking about FOPA, life is funny} Manufacturers and parts kit sellers were scared, but most of us were unaware (internet, where?). The law was passed, a deadline for paperwork set, and by the time we heard of it, it was too late. Those who knew, and had plenty of stock, packed it in deep and didn't talk. They knew what they had, knew it was great: knew the future prices they would reap. 30 days was all we had, to get papers together or be very sad.

Shortly after the law had passed, there came a knocking and it was steadfast. "Where's the parts kits? Where's the tubes? We know you were buying STENS, we're not rubes!" The agents were cranky and I was getting hot. "How did you find me & what's this about?" I blurted out, surprised and startled to be found out. "We have a list, your names on it. We went to all the places who've sold the parts, got a court order and finding you people out. So hand over the parts, the guns and the tubes, or your coming with us with some 'splain to do."

Flustered and miffed at all of this shi*, I told them to wait and listen to this: "What do you take me as a fool? I wear a uniform just like you, but mine is green and yours is blue. You changed the laws and I wasn't even here, I was in Germany drinking beer! Sure, I bought some junky old gun parts, paid real cheap to some old farts. But have them no more, gone they are, sold and foregotten to some other soldier in a German bar." And so thursting a copy of my Orders in his paw, I bid the Agents to go back to their car. Went away they did, but it bothers me still, to this day it does. It was the beast I saw, a government to fear. I know now that they will hunt us down, even if it takes them years.

The moral of the story is plainly clear: "Uncle" isn't your relative and he isn't dear. He's Big Brother and a bad mother and something to fear. Times have changed since '86: "Uncle" is bolder, colder and now carries the big stick of Homeland Security to hit you with. I was serving this country, and was easily found: I did nothing wrong but they still hunted me down. Be cautious and aware, for this is a new age: everything you bought, they already know about. Should the laws change, they'll be at your door, wanting to know if you have your stuff anymore.

"What will we do, what will we do?" To that question I have no clue. The answer is not up to me.....it's up to YOU...
    Last edited by Tacgunner; January 5th, 2013 at 01:22 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12