Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default More from Illinois

If this is true and it passes.... this could be very, very bad!!!!

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....lnor_xjbo5ll_9
    CULLERTON TO INTRODUCE NEAR TOTAL GUN BAN ON JANUARY 2ND

The ISRA has learned from a credible source that Illinois Senate President John Cullerton will introduce a so called “assault weapons” ban on Wednesday when the legislature returns for its “lame duck” session. Cullerton hopes to ramrod the bill through and get it to Governor Quinn for signature by Friday. If he is successful at doing so, nearly every gun you currently own will be banned and will be subject to confiscation by the Illinois State Police.

Based on what we know about Cullerton’s bill, firearms that would be banned include all semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Pump action shotguns would be banned as well. This would be a very comprehensive ban that would include not only so-called “assault weapons” but also such classics as M1 Garands and 1911-based pistols. There would be no exemptions and no grandfathering. You would have a very short window to turn in your guns to the State Police to avoid prosecution.
    A friend told me, this already passed the Illinois House and goes to the Senate tomorrow.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Jefferson County)

This is a direct attack to on 2A rights. While I don't live in IL, it is clear that lines are being drawn. How much farther will we let this go?

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: More from Illinois

Last edited by ROK; September 20th, 2014 at 12:29 AM.

The lawsuit that ends up before the Supreme Court has to start somewhere, it might as well be a place that has a history of losing when it gets there. Not to mention that Illinois isn't the most gun-friendly place to begin with, so the number of people effected in the short-term isn't as high as if this was any other state.

If this passes, I don't think all the people having their guns confiscated will just roll over and accept it. When they sue, think of the possible outcomes in our favor. Maybe the courts will set precedent against confiscation, or declare that the 2nd Amendment doesn't have a limit as to the type of arms it includes. Maybe in the long run we'll all want to thank Illinois for being the ones that crossed the line for the last time.

(Bucks County)

....all enemies foreign and domestic.
    Repeat.... Domestic.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by NShortino View Post
    The lawsuit that ends up before the Supreme Court has to start somewhere, it might as well be a place that has a history of losing when it gets there. Not to mention that Illinois isn't the most gun-friendly place to begin with, so the number of people effected in the short-term isn't as high as if this was any other state.

If this passes, I don't think all the people having their guns confiscated will just roll over and accept it. When they sue, think of the possible outcomes in our favor. Maybe the courts will set precedent against confiscation, or declare that the 2nd Amendment doesn't have a limit as to the type of arms it includes. Maybe in the long run we'll all want to thank Illinois for being the ones that crossed the line for the last time.
    As you now know, it didn't pass. But your comments are accurate. it almost would have been a blessing had it passed, because the Supreme Court would have been forced to rule, once and for all. In fact, that's probably why it didn't pass. Or, they just want to wait until Obama gets his folks in the SC, before it comes up. Who knows...
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.