Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Question Carrying as a state employee!

deleted from thread
    Last edited by mystikast; January 21st, 2013 at 06:02 PM. Reason: deleted from thread

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Carrying as a state employee!

Quote Originally Posted by mystikast View Post
    Hello all,

I just got a new job working for the state in their financial department. I worked previously for the state as a special agent for the AGs office and was issued a handgun so carrying wasn't an issue. I've read you aren't allowed to carry if you work for a state agency unles specially authorized, I do not want to ask my boss if I can carry because I'm afraid they may fire me (very liberal).

I live in one of the most dangerous areas in the country, mantua, west Philly. I am the only white kid in the area. I've been jumped and attacked more time then I can count because I am white. My firearms are all that has kept me alive. To make matters worse, I will be working in Chester, an area almost equally as bad for a white boy.

I will be carrying concealed ( I have an ltc ) regardless of whether I can or not, because I will die if I don't. And no amount of money is worth my life. I have to take SEPTA and walk everywhere, so going unarmed is not a possibility. This is the only job I could find: I will be saving up to move to a better neighborhood an get a car, but first I need to work.

I'm getting a keltec pf9 and will be concealing it well, so I doubt I will ever be discovered. But if the state somehow finds out I have a firearm, what is the worst they can do? Can I face criminal charges? Please let me know. Thank you.

Edit: please don't tell me not to work there. I've been unemployed since I graduated college and haven't even been able to get a job at McDonald's or walmart. Also, please don't tell me not to carry. I will be murdered if I do not. And please don't tell me to move to a better area, I would if I could but I don't have the money. Trust me, if there were other options I'd take them.
    You don't have it bad being white there as by all statistics show, if you were black between 17-35 you'd be in GREAT danger of being killed! Actually being white kinda helps you because no one around there is going to want the whole police dept & media To kick in every door stop everybody & frisk, abuse, & terrify the whole area because some black person killed a All American white boy! They might harass you but they are not that stupid!!

(Philadelphia County)

Not to turn it into a race issue, but before I got my LTC I was attacked 3 times within 9 months by groups of 2-4 black dudes between late teens and early 20s. All 3 times I was walking home minding my own business when, all 3 times, they would walk behind me very quickly and then sucker punch me in the head. I was actually knocked unconscious during hurricane sandy because it was raining out (so I couldn't hear well) and had a hood up to keep dry (didn't have peripheral vision). The two times I was conscious they repeatedly called me a white boy in a very murderous tone and said f you white boy get out of this hood, etc. Two of the times I was able to run away after they started punching me.

I've had this happen twice since I started carrying, each time I pulled my firearm after retreating about 5+ meters and they simply ran away. Every time it was made clear to me I was being attacked because I was white. And the experiences I had when I went to Drexel... I could go on.

(Erie County)

be safe do what you have to do
    live to ride

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by mystikast View Post
    Hello all,

I worked previously for the state as a special agent for the AGs office and was issued a handgun so carrying wasn't an issue.
    So you have taken and have a valid act 235? What weapon did they issue you?

(Philadelphia County)

deleted from thread
    Last edited by mystikast; January 21st, 2013 at 06:03 PM.

(York County)

The next time you are assaulted - take action that prevents the perps from being able to assault you - or anyone else - ever again!

(Northampton County)

3 against 1 is deadly force in my book.

[QUOTE=mystikast;2232533]I did my college co-op/internship with BNI. received what we called a 5701 or A class training. I didn't obtain act 235 Til I did private security. I was issued a glock 22 .40cal. I was only 20 years old too.[/QUOTE

So you are telling us that as an intern, you attend A school and were issued a firearm? Stop telling fibs brother.
    Jules

(Philadelphia County)

deleted from thread
    Last edited by mystikast; January 21st, 2013 at 06:03 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast