Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Armstrong County)

Default Putnam Cnty NY vows to withhold permit info

When lohud.com posted permit holder information of law abiding NY'ers I originally thought of how irresponsible they were to release this data.

Thinking about it a again and seeing the article below got me down the path to believe they more likely put non permit holders at a greater risk of crime.

I've got to believe that any criminal looking to make a quick score of computers, flat screens etc will more likely target the 'Gun Free' areas where no permit holders reside.

I'd really like to see a trend of crime in those same counties narrowed down to permit holder and non permit holder pre and post publish of the article.

http://www.lohud.com/article/2013010...ts-information

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Putnam Cnty NY vows to withhold permit info

Quote Originally Posted by Odonnks View Post
    When lohud.com posted permit holder information of law abiding NY'ers I originally thought of how irresponsible they were to release this data.

Thinking about it a again and seeing the article below got me down the path to believe they more likely put non permit holders at a greater risk of crime.

I've got to believe that any criminal looking to make a quick score of computers, flat screens etc will more likely target the 'Gun Free' areas where no permit holders reside.

I'd really like to see a trend of crime in those same counties narrowed down to permit holder and non permit holder pre and post publish of the article.

Good point. Their unlocking the door for the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Odonnks View Post

The real irony (and tragedy) will be when a criminal steals a gun from the residence of a permit holder, and uses said gun against a non-permit holder.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith A View Post
    The real irony (and tragedy) will be when a criminal steals a gun from the residence of a permit holder, and uses said gun against a non-permit holder.
    ...and the permit holder gets held responsible for the crime.
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ