Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Does 10 or less really matter?

I am wondering with all the banning talk and what not going on, how many people out there aren't sweating it as far as your hand guns go since you will be relying only on a 1911 with standard cap or maybe a P220, or something similar with that kind of capacity, regardless? I have a bunch of hi cap 9mm's for range use, but my primary "Terminator" guns are 8+1 1911's and one P220.

Edit: this isn't to imply we shouldn't sweat a ban of magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. It is more for who those who rely on a fighting pistol/pistols that hold 10 rounds or less regardless of whether there is a ban or not. I say 1911's and a P220 are my go to pistols, but they back up my AR's, which hold more than 10 rounds. FWIW, I still haven't tried to locate a 10 round, AR mag. Screw that noise.
    Last edited by harold63; January 3rd, 2013 at 02:42 PM.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Does 10 or less really matter?

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    I am wondering with all the banning talk and what not going on, how many people out there aren't sweating it as far as your hand guns go since you will be relying only on a 1911 with standard cap or maybe a P220, or something similar with that kind of capacity? I have a bunch of hi cap 9mm's for range use, but my primary "Terminator" guns are 8+1 1911's and one P220.
    It matters so long as a tyrannical regime will not also turn in high capacity magazines.

Self defense isn't just about common criminals. There are larger gangs to worry about: that work under the auspices of The State.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Northampton County)

Even tho I love carrying 1911's or similar single stacks, for me it's not that it would matter much. I just don't want to be told what I can carry or own.

Simple as I don't see any justification for anybody to regulate my firearms.

(Monroe County)

It matters to me simply because of all the useless mags and wasted money I'd have laying around.

(Clinton County)

I think the language regarding any gun being capable of accepting a magazine larger than 10 rounds could be misinterpreted to mean any gun that is capable of accepting a detachable magazine PERIOD due to the fact that its possible for someone to construct a magazine larger than 10 rounds even if they don't currently exist.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    I think the language regarding any gun being capable of accepting a magazine larger than 10 rounds could be misinterpreted to mean any gun that is capable of accepting a detachable magazine PERIOD due to the fact that its possible for someone to construct a magazine larger than 10 rounds even if they don't currently exist.
    Stop giving them ideas!

But yes, it does matter.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    I am wondering with all the banning talk and what not going on, how many people out there aren't sweating it as far as your hand guns go since you will be relying only on a 1911 with standard cap or maybe a P220, or something similar with that kind of capacity? I have a bunch of hi cap 9mm's for range use, but my primary "Terminator" guns are 8+1 1911's and one P220.
    The way I read it, your sub 10 round semi-auto handguns will likely be on Feinswines's wishlist. They have a pistol grip and take detachable magzines, so right off the bat they fit the criteria she has thrown out there already for them to be registered with the NFA.

(Luzerne County)

I'm sweating it. Not because I need all the extra rounds, not because I suck at reloading, not because I don't own any "low cap" firearms. I'm sweating it because it is bullshit.
    Let us hope for the best, but let us also prepare for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by thelemite View Post
    It matters so long as a tyrannical regime will not also turn in high capacity magazines.

Self defense isn't just about common criminals. There are larger gangs to worry about: that work under the auspices of The State.
    No doubt, but I guess my question was more along those that would fight with a 1911, or similar cap handgun, regardless. I got the idea when I saw a box an acquaintance of mine has that is full of loaded 1911 magazines, and I mean a freaking bunch of them. He doesn't own a high cap rifle. Only bolt action stuff.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Allegheny County)

It "matters" to the extent that those who DON'T think it matters are the enemy within our ranks - JUST as much as those who would disarm every one of us.

Unite, or FALL like Great Britain did.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast