Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Response From Local Rep

Got a response today from a letter I sent Mindy Fee, one of the recently elected reps for my area. Of course the topic of the letter I sent was regarding opposing the new gun control laws being introduced for vote. Thought it might interest some of you.

Hi ......,

Thank you for your email to Representative Fee. She certainly appreciates your time and is happy to hear from you on this important issue.

The right to keep and bear arms is guaranteed by the constitutions of Pennsylvania and the United States. In Representative Fee’s view, these rights represent a coveted freedom and are among those important qualities that have enabled this country to remain a free and democratic one.

That said, Pennsylvania already has a fairly restrictive set of gun laws and regulations that were established under the Uniform Firearms Act approved during the Special Session on Crime in 1995. The act made sweeping changes to the existing laws of the Commonwealth relating to the sale, possession, lending or giving of firearms. . Before the new law was enacted, only persons who were convicted of violent crimes could be prohibited from purchasing a firearm. Now, under the new law, the list of offenses prohibiting gun ownership has been expanded to include 37 different crimes, both crimes of violence and serious non-violent crimes. Given these laws, Representative Fee intends to review any gun control proposals with careful scrutiny and to oppose what seems to be unreasonable control of a law-abiding individual’s right to lawfully possess and use firearms.

Representative Fee is firmly committed to working with her colleagues, constituents and interest groups to enact meaningful and sensible measures that will keep guns out of the hands of criminals while respecting the rights of lawful and responsible gun owners in Pennsylvania.

Again, I thank you for your input. If we can be of further assistance to you in matters relating to state government, please do not hesitate to contact our office.

Sincerely,

Linda Martin
    Representative Mindy Fee
    503 Main St.
    Denver, PA 17517
    PH: 717-336-2199
    FAX: 717-336-4522

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Response From Local Rep

A lot of words.... dodging an answer

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    In other words, a political answer from a politician.

(Chester County)

Boilerplate response... but I don't think that should surprise anyone.

Politicians are not going to commit to anything, especially in writing. But they will count votes and respond to pressure. Keep writing letters and e-mails. Actually talk to your rep during any meet and greets that they have. Talk for as long as they will listen and get as many friends to talk with them as well.

It is important not to measure their performance by the letters they write back to you but how they vote. Keep track and let them know that they are doing the right thing or if you disagree with their record.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    They are all just talking heads...

Talking Heads - Psycho Killer
    "You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything."
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

I thought at least acknowledging that Pa had a constitution was a step in the right direction.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    I thought at least acknowledging that Pa had a constitution was a step in the right direction.
    Lol

Thx needed that

(Allegheny County)

dkf Thank you for posting this is a positive letter, Especially from a newly elected Rep

The only problem could be this was written by a staffer and not by Rep Fee. was the orginal signed by Rep Fee?

Does anyone really want to disagree with this concept and view points is this letter?

Yep it’s a form letter, still its positive, All things considered.

highlighted postive points

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Got a response today from a letter I sent Mindy Fee, one of the recently elected reps for my area. Of course the topic of the letter I sent was regarding opposing the new gun control laws being introduced for vote. Thought it might interest some of you.

Hi ......,

Thank you for your email to Representative Fee. She certainly appreciates your time and is happy to hear from you on this important issue.

The right to keep and bear arms is guaranteed by the constitutions of Pennsylvania and the United States. (true) In Representative Fee’s view , these rights represent a coveted freedom and are among those important qualities that have enabled this country to remain a free and democratic one. this says much

That said, Pennsylvania already has a fairly restrictive set of gun laws and regulations that were established under the Uniform Firearms Act approved during the Special Session on Crime in 1995. (true) The act made sweeping changes to the existing laws of the Commonwealth relating to the sale, possession, lending or giving of firearms. . Before the new law was enacted, only persons who were convicted of violent crimes could be prohibited from purchasing a firearm. Now, under the new law, the list of offenses prohibiting gun ownership has been expanded to include 37 different crimes, both crimes of violence and serious non-violent crimes.(Accurate assessment of the UFA) Given these laws, Representative Fee intends to review any gun control proposals with careful scrutiny and to oppose what seems to be unreasonable control of a law-abiding individual’s right to lawfully possess and use firearms. This is positive, open minded, along with fair & responsible view for a elected Rep to have on any subject to be voted on

Representative Fee is firmly committed to working with her colleagues, constituents and interest groups to enact meaningful and sensible measures (got to watch what this Zinger includes REALLYclosely) that will keep guns out of the hands of criminals while respecting the rights of lawful and responsible gun owners in Pennsylvania.

Does anyone want the Bad Guys and violent recidivist criminals to have access to firearms to harm people?
    These bad actors Misuse of firearms to commit criminal acts as another tool is what drive the gun control agenda forward.

Again, I thank you for your input. If we can be of further assistance to you in matters relating to state government, please do not hesitate to contact our office.

Sincerely,

Linda Martin
    Representative Mindy Fee
    503 Main St.
    Denver, PA 17517
    PH: 717-336-2199
    FAX: 717-336-4522
    This is clearly a Rep we can work with and help educate on our issue

that is IF she honors her commitment as outlined above, we will have friend and not a foe when any gun control votes come up.

that is also IF we do our job to hold her feet to the fire and we can demonstrate why any given gun control method is flawed and will not achieve its stated purpose for enactment.

Lots of you should make FTF time with Reps from other parts of PA, you will get your eyes opened as to why you should become more involved RTKBA battles.

As your Rep can be the most pro gun, pro constitution, trouble is IF a majority of the others elected from other parts of PA are not, we all lose when 51% vote against US.

Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    Yep it’s a form letter, still its positive, All things considered...
    Nope--it comes down squarely on both sides of the fence. It's a blank slate that you can project your thoughts onto and see whatever you want in it. By saying she will "protect rights" while also saying she will support measures "to keep guns out of criminals' hands," both gun owners and gun banners can come away thinking she's on their side.

Gun owner things, "Oh, she'll protect my rights! What a relief--she'll vote against gun control."

Gun banner thinks, "Only way to keep guns out of criminal hands is to eliminate them. She's obviously going to do whatever she can to move gun control forward."

The only problem could be this was written by a staffer and not by Rep Fee. was the orginal signed by Rep Fee?
    I posted everything I got as reply. I just removed my name, thats it.

It looks like her secretary or "right hand man" probably wrote it and handles sending it.(Linda Martin)

It is highly likely a prewritten response approved by Mrs. Fee however it has more substance and thought than a lot of other form letters I have seen. It does seem to me like it is worded as to not offend either side of the issue.
    Last edited by dkf; January 2nd, 2013 at 06:45 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast