Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Shop taking High Cap Mag Orders

A buddy of mine has a shop and is taking orders for High Cap magazine. Attach is his flyer. I recommend his shop to the fullest. He's a great guy to do business with and as solid as they get. I truly hope this ban talk is nothing but talk, but we should all stock up for the next generation that wants to shoot with high caps. Even is if it's not high caps you want he has a great selection of products.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by PweShay; January 2nd, 2013 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Changed Flyer with respect to others
    When you think, You think you know!

Default Re: Shop taking High Cap Mag Orders

You might want to check with "JT", before posting this flyer. It does not represent well for that shop.
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Monroe County)

I cannot understand how it does not represent the shop well. Are you claiming price gouging? The prices are up for everyone, so to assume that would be a fallacy. Second though is positive, I have seem cheaper then dirt selling their mag for 99.99. The free market in the firearm industry is in full swing and everyone is affected. Now with that being said, please help me understand what is wrong with this post?

Everyone wants to go the hard way. I tried to be nice.

Aside from being alarmists and opportunists, JT's probably isn't a bad shop to do business with. I've never dealt with them firsthand, but base my opinion solely on the attached order form. Perhaps they're just really poor at marketing.

Statements on JT's flyer:
    So, JT's has information that a gun and/or magazine ban is imminent. Where did they hear that? Are they liars? Or are they just printing it so they can stir up more fear in customers? They won't win any fans here with that nonsense. Stay out of politics and just offer what you have to offer. The Bushmaster AR15 was not used in the Sandy Hook shooting. Video evidence has been made public that the AR15 never left the trunk of the vehicle. It will be hard to push for a ban on an item that was not connected to that mass shooting - though never say never. Newtown residents can't even agree on more gun control.

Using scare tactics to sell items, IMO, is a poor way to win over new business. Folks on these forums won't soon forget. Folks here have been praising local businesses for selling instock items at regular retail throughout this nonsense. Future prices will be what they will be. Basing one's business practice on Cheaper than Dirt probably isn't a great way to go either - they've taken a beating on these forums and lots of guys have already boycotted them.

From a personal perspective:

JT wants prepayment for some magazines, made by some unkown vendor. Do they reveal their "secret source", once they have your money? Or does the buyer just light a candle and hope that the mags aren't made out of Legos?

I'll tell you this. I've managed credit card fraud for a few years and prepaying for items then waiting months for them to arrive doesn't usually end well. The customer doesn't even react for almost 3 months. Timing is critical for a customer to request a chargeback to a fraudulent vendor, and 90days is pushing the limit with some bank cards.

Some specificity in the flyer on the magazines would help, a little.

Just saying...
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post

Aside from being alarmists and opportunists, JT's probably isn't a bad shop to do business with. I've never dealt with them firsthand, but base my opinion solely on the attached order form. Perhaps they're just really poor at marketing.

So, JT's has information that a gun and/or magazine ban is imminent. Where did they hear that? Are they liars? Or are they just printing it so they can stir up more fear in customers? They won't win any fans here with that nonsense. Stay out of politics and just offer what you have to offer. The Bushmaster AR15 was not used in the Sandy Hook shooting. Video evidence has been made public that the AR15 never left the trunk of the vehicle. It will be hard to push for a ban on an item that was not connected to that mass shooting - though never say never. Newtown residents can't even agree on more gun control.

Using scare tactics to sell items, IMO, is a poor way to win over new business. Folks on these forums won't soon forget. Folks here have been praising local businesses for selling instock items at regular retail throughout this nonsense. Future prices will be what they will be. Basing one's business practice on Cheaper than Dirt probably isn't a great way to go either - they've taken a beating on these forums and lots of guys have already boycotted them.

JT wants prepayment for some magazines, made by some unkown vendor. Do they reveal their "secret source", once they have your money? Or does the buyer just light a candle and hope that the mags aren't made out of Legos?

I'll tell you this. I've managed credit card fraud for a few years and prepaying for items then waiting months for them to arrive doesn't usually end well. The customer doesn't even react for almost 3 months. Timing is critical for a customer to request a chargeback to a fraudulent vendor, and 90days is pushing the limit with some bank cards.

Just saying...

I was put off by the fear-mongering intro as well, but what'cha gonna do?

The thing that bothered me the most was not the high prices, but the vagueness of the items being "offered". This was designed to make money from the people who will buy ANY mag they can get their hands on.

They can have them. I guess if you're in a bind, this offer is better than some, but I like to know what I'm buying before I give someone my hard-earned money.

There are quality AR mags available for $17ea w/free shipping listed in a thread on the forum.
    I just posted info on AK mags that can be had for as little as $15.

The stuff is available if you look around.

All that said, I do not fault the OP for posting up info that may be helpful to someone.

(Monroe County)

Look here is the deal. I know Jay and he has ALWAYS been fair and HONEST. If someone is questioning the integrity of him or the shop that's his or her prerogative, but I am not making a dime by posting this ad. I know Jay personally and have also conducted business with him as well. It's simply my pleasure to help him as well as help anyone who wants a magazine at this time. I would not have posted this for him, if for one second, I was to think his character was to be questioned. He is a good man and I don't think for a second is he trying to create fear. Truth is we have something to be afraid! Our President has stated gun control is his top priority for his first year of this term. So if you look at the facts and history and how congress conducts themselves, it is fair to say the magazines are going bye, bye at the least. If you know of some other business that are selling magazines and you want to do good by others, please post as I did, or even buy them and sell them at your cost.

To answer to the fear-mongering, I know Jay and this is how he feels! We have had convo's years prior to this and has told me to stock up, it just that we just might be in the fox hole now!

God Bless and I hope NOT one bit of gun control becomes law.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post

Just saying...
    I guess I will sort of play Devils Advocate here. Of course I cant speak for anyone but myself butI am sure neither josewales or Emptymag were questiong his integrity. What they were saying was that if someone like myself who was actually looking for mags saw the post, what it said and the price they might think otherwise. Now with that said this was my first reaction "wow more price gouging and the sky is falling song and dance". I then saw posts afterwards by joseywales, Emptymag and yourself, took the time to look at your reputation on here and decided that ok PweShay seems to be stand up. I still think $38.00 is high, but like you said I have seen many more listings for much more. If anything Emptymag and josewales brought some more attention to the listing and I am sure there are members on the forum who will order.

(Monroe County)

I spoke to Jay and I let him know I posted his flyer, I also told him how some respond, he immediately sent me another flyer and asked me to put this one up. Sorry for anyone who took it the wrong way as it is not his heart. Drop him a ring, he hold great a convo as well as has many years of experience in the industry. i am sure you will as pleased with him as I have been.

From a business perspective, does any of the nonsense really help JT?

Everyone knows the current climate. Restating it looks unfavorably. Just list what you have and your conditions. KISS.

Telling people how they should feel is CNN's job

Quote Originally Posted by PweShay View Post
    I spoke to Jay and I let him know I posted his flyer, I also told him how some respond, he immediately sent me another flyer and asked me to put this one up. Sorry for anyone who took it the wrong way as it is not his heart. Drop him a ring, he hold great a convo as well as has many years of experience in the industry. i am sure you will as pleased with him as I have been.
    Now you're saying that JT responds to his customer's concerns???

I have to call BS on that one....KIDDING!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast