Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Attorney General authority

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyRocco View Post
    based on the reference of 1995 I found this in ss 6109 Licenses

(k) Reciprocity.--
    (1) The Attorney General shall have the power and duty to enter into reciprocity agreements with other states providing for the mutual recognition of a license to carry a firearm issued by the Commonwealth and a license or permit to carry a firearm issued by the other state. To carry out this duty, the Attorney General is authorized to negotiate reciprocity agreements and grant recognition of a license or permit to carry a firearm issued by another state.
    (2) The Attorney General shall report to the General Assembly within 180 days of the effective date of this paragraph and annually thereafter concerning the agreements which have been consummated under this subsection.

IANAL but seems to be broad enough language were she might be able to end the agreements, but she'll have to tell the General Assembly eventually.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    That's where the trouble begins. If this "witch" has her "Bloomberg" supervisor pulling the strings, she will NOT grant recognition issued by another state. If that happens, our LTCF will only be valid in PA. I assume one could get a Florida CCW for carry outside PA, but I fear (Kane being a Bloomberg puppet) she'll trample gun rights in PA. Hopefully State Reps/Senators and US will fight her on every change that goes against our Constitutional rights!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    That's where the trouble begins. If this "witch" has her "Bloomberg" supervisor pulling the strings, she will NOT grant recognition issued by another state. If that happens, our LTCF will only be valid in PA. I assume one could get a Florida CCW for carry outside PA, but I fear (Kane being a Bloomberg puppet) she'll trample gun rights in PA. Hopefully State Reps/Senators and US will fight her on every change that goes against our Constitutional rights!

This is surely a possibility but it's also written that she has to report to the general assembly who authorized reciprocity in the first place. I would think they override her if she tried to take what we have in place already, barring any changes that made the agreements possible in the first place.

That said, even thought it also says it is the "duty" of the AG to seek such agreements I don't think she look for new states to add.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post

This is surely a possibility but it's also written that she has to report to the general assembly who authorized reciprocity in the first place. I would think they override her if she tried to take what we have in place already, barring any changes that made the agreements possible in the first place.

That said, even thought it also says it is the "duty" of the AG to seek such agreements I don't think she look for new states to add.
    I seriously doubt this drunk with power zealot is going to have an easy time enforcing her dictates in front of a governor's office and state legislature from the opposing party. There may very well be court challenges and restraining orders before such policies get wrecked by this bought and paid for political whore. Sober brings up good points.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyRocco

I read an article saying Kane was going to end LTCF reciprocity agreements with some states that exist today http://www.pagunrights.com/2012/11/i...edges-attacks/ my question is does she have unilateral authority to do that? IANAL so I'm not sure where to look in PA statutes. Sorry for the ugly link I'm using the browser on my phone and the insert link function did not work.

From pre election post warning about outcome ~snip~cut for size~

Nov 6th 2012 elections - FOAC Pro Gun voter guide – Time for a choice - GO VOTE!!!!!!

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...e-go-vote.html (Nov 6th 2012 elections - FOAC Pro Gun voter guide – Time for a choice - GO VOTE!!!!!!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteFeather

Once race that could direct affect PA gun owners firearm right more than who is elected to the president office

BE VERY AWARE the next PA attorney general (depends on who gets elected) race outcome can have a major impact on our LTCF Reciprocity agreements and also Especially with anyone living in PA using ONLY non resident out of state permits in PA

The UFA gives the PA attorney general the discretionary authority to determine what “similar” laws means, the door swings both ways power to enter and power to Cancel Reciprocity agreements.

§6106. Firearms not to be carried without a license.
    ~snip~
    (b) Exceptions
    • ~snip~
    (15) Any person who possesses a valid and lawfully issued license or permit to carry a firearm which has been issued under the laws of another state, regardless of whether a reciprocity agreement exists between the Commonwealth and the state under section 6109(k), provided:
    • (i) The state provides a reciprocal privilege for individuals licensed to carry firearms under section 6109.
    • (ii) The Attorney General has determined that the firearm laws of the state are similar to the firearm laws of this Commonwealth.
    ~snip~

While Tom Corbett was attorney general he entered into a record number with other states under his terms (even publicaly spoke out against more gun control) and even the un elected current AG has followed up with more giving us more reciprocity agreements where a PA LTCF permits are now honored.

read that section on the UFA again

The next attorney general has the power to cancel them, with the loophole wording of what the word “similar” means, after all who elected to office is going to stick their necks out and question the AG? Especially made easier if the other state changed the their firearm laws after the agreement.

So if we get a anti-gun leaning PA attorney general holding office, just be aware of the consequences of this one state wide race on your gun rights could have long term effects.

You have been fore warned in advance of the danger with this One state Race outcome. so maybe you better get involved now

Better get all the gun owners you know out to VOTE on Nov 6, 2012

http://www.foac-pac.org/

And this post from right after election, same thread

Quote:

FYI and so it begins....

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/po..._activist.html

Pa.’s incoming attorney general vows to be an activist

~snip~

Of course, the 46-year-old former assistant prosecutor has a host of other items on her to-do list: working to tighten the state's gun laws, beefing up enforcement against child predators, and becoming an aggressive consumer advocate.

But as she prepares to take office in January, Kane promised an approach that could rattle the china in Harrisburg.

"It's the role of the attorney general to be an independently elected voice," she said early Wednesday. "People see politics as a close-knit, good ol' boy network, and I want to change that starting Day One."

Kane is to assume control of an office with a staff of about 700 and an $81 million budget.

And while much was made of her sex and party in describing her victory Tuesday, she differs from past candidates Pennsylvanians have elected to the office in other, less-remarked-upon ways.

She has pledged to actively lobby the legislature on law enforcement issues and has raised the possibility of handling the office's highest-profile cases in the courtroom herself.

"Women bring a different voice and a different perspective to these issues," she said Wednesday.

Since the attorney general's post became an elected row office in 1980, the job has been held by a succession of men cut from the same cloth - former district attorneys or federal prosecutors, all with long records in the courtroom and most with time spent behind a desk managing the bureaucracy of law enforcement.

~snip~

Does anyone have info to the contrary that we are not going to be at political warfare in HBG?

So what are you going to do about it?

U R boned if you don't start pay attention to this threat at the state level

Quote:

The body of every organization is structured from four kinds of bones.

There are the wishbones, who spend all their time wishing someone would do the work.

Then there are the jawbones, who do all the talking, but little else.

The knucklebones knock everything anybody else tries to do.

Fortunately, in every organization there are also the backbones, who get under the load and do most of the work.
    To answer Whitefeather

1) I did not vote for Kane after her lies about the "Florida loophole".

2) I have up'ed my NRA life membership and joined GOA.

3) What is it about this forum where a guy can't make a post and have a conversation with like minded gun owners without a comment like.

" U R boned if you don't start pay attention to this threat at the state level"

Divided we fall. nuff said

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Memoirs of the Life and Writings of Benjamin Franklin

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyRocco
    Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyRocco

I read an article saying Kane was going to end LTCF reciprocity agreements with some states that exist today http://www.pagunrights.com/2012/11/i...edges-attacks/ my question is does she have unilateral authority to do that? IANAL so I'm not sure where to look in PA statutes. Sorry for the ugly link I'm using the browser on my phone and the insert link function did not work.

From pre election post warning about outcome ~snip~cut for size~

Nov 6th 2012 elections - FOAC Pro Gun voter guide – Time for a choice - GO VOTE!!!!!!

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...e-go-vote.html (Nov 6th 2012 elections - FOAC Pro Gun voter guide – Time for a choice - GO VOTE!!!!!!)

Quote:

Once race that could direct affect PA gun owners firearm right more than who is elected to the president office

BE VERY AWARE the next PA attorney general (depends on who gets elected) race outcome can have a major impact on our LTCF Reciprocity agreements and also Especially with anyone living in PA using ONLY non resident out of state permits in PA

The UFA gives the PA attorney general the discretionary authority to determine what “similar� laws means, the door swings both ways power to enter and power to Cancel Reciprocity agreements.

§6106. Firearms not to be carried without a license.
    ~snip~
    (b) Exceptions
    • ~snip~
    (15) Any person who possesses a valid and lawfully issued license or permit to carry a firearm which has been issued under the laws of another state, regardless of whether a reciprocity agreement exists between the Commonwealth and the state under section 6109(k), provided:
    • (i) The state provides a reciprocal privilege for individuals licensed to carry firearms under section 6109.
    • (ii) The Attorney General has determined that the firearm laws of the state are similar to the firearm laws of this Commonwealth.
    ~snip~

While Tom Corbett was attorney general he entered into a record number with other states under his terms (even publicaly spoke out against more gun control) and even the un elected current AG has followed up with more giving us more reciprocity agreements where a PA LTCF permits are now honored.

read that section on the UFA again

The next attorney general has the power to cancel them, with the loophole wording of what the word “similar� means, after all who elected to office is going to stick their necks out and question the AG? Especially made easier if the other state changed the their firearm laws after the agreement.

So if we get a anti-gun leaning PA attorney general holding office, just be aware of the consequences of this one state wide race on your gun rights could have long term effects.

You have been fore warned in advance of the danger with this One state Race outcome. so maybe you better get involved now

Better get all the gun owners you know out to VOTE on Nov 6, 2012

http://www.foac-pac.org/

And this post from right after election, same thread

Quote:

FYI and so it begins....

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/po..._activist.html

Pa.’s incoming attorney general vows to be an activist

~snip~

Of course, the 46-year-old former assistant prosecutor has a host of other items on her to-do list: working to tighten the state's gun laws, beefing up enforcement against child predators, and becoming an aggressive consumer advocate.

But as she prepares to take office in January, Kane promised an approach that could rattle the china in Harrisburg.

"It's the role of the attorney general to be an independently elected voice," she said early Wednesday. "People see politics as a close-knit, good ol' boy network, and I want to change that starting Day One."

Kane is to assume control of an office with a staff of about 700 and an $81 million budget.

And while much was made of her sex and party in describing her victory Tuesday, she differs from past candidates Pennsylvanians have elected to the office in other, less-remarked-upon ways.

She has pledged to actively lobby the legislature on law enforcement issues and has raised the possibility of handling the office's highest-profile cases in the courtroom herself.

"Women bring a different voice and a different perspective to these issues," she said Wednesday.

Since the attorney general's post became an elected row office in 1980, the job has been held by a succession of men cut from the same cloth - former district attorneys or federal prosecutors, all with long records in the courtroom and most with time spent behind a desk managing the bureaucracy of law enforcement.

~snip~

Does anyone have info to the contrary that we are not going to be at political warfare in HBG?

So what are you going to do about it?

U R boned if you don't start pay attention to this threat at the state level

Quote:

The body of every organization is structured from four kinds of bones.

There are the wishbones, who spend all their time wishing someone would do the work.

Then there are the jawbones, who do all the talking, but little else.

The knucklebones knock everything anybody else tries to do.

Fortunately, in every organization there are also the backbones, who get under the load and do most of the work.

To answer Whitefeather

1) I did not vote for Kane after her lies about the "Florida loophole".

2) I have up'ed my NRA membership to life membership and joined GOA.

3) What is it about this forum where a guy can't make a post and have a conversation with like minded gun owners without a comment like.

" U R boned if you don't start pay attention to this threat at the state level"

Divided we fall. nuff said

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Memoirs of the Life and Writings of Benjamin Franklin

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    I seriously doubt this drunk with power zealot is going to have an easy time enforcing her dictates in front of a governor's office and state legislature from the opposing party. There may very well be court challenges and restraining orders before such policies get wrecked by this bought and paid for political whore. Sober brings up good points.
    Coming from NJ, I take NOTHING for granted. We need to stay on top of these people. Whitefeather is right, we need to keep vigilant in our efforts, be in the public eye, take people to the range, educate people around us and so forth.

Like I said, I lived in NJ for 20+ years and if PA turns into NJ, I'll have to move to Oklahoma. I can't do that right now so I have to write, call, etc to let these bozos know we're here and we're listening!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12