Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default The Best and Worst in York / Adams

Went to Reddings Hardware in/around Gettysburg, PA. Absolutely terrible decision on my part. Extremely poor service and the folks were just downright rude. They acted as though they were doing me a favor by just looking in my direction. I know gun stores are busy with folks doing a panic these days, but seriously. We had purchased pistols there years ago and have gone to buy ammo from time to time (trying to support a local store rather than a big chain). We then decided to go to West York Sporting Goods, best decision we've made! Talk about great service, totally hands on, experienced folks. Liked them so much, we purchased three more guns while we were there. And, ammo prices are the best I've seen anywhere, including big chains. WYSG...the only place to go!

(Delaware County)

Default Re: The Best and Worst in York / Adams

Every time I hear or experience the way some shops will treat it just amazes me. But it just goes to show you. Give a customer your a smile and some attention and there is your upsale right there.

(York County)

Smile Re: The Best and Worst in York / Adams

I don't ask for much, but when I'm there to spend cash, I'd like to be treated right!

(York County)

Yup, you should be! I think all shops should do their best to make any one who comes in happy! After all word of mouth is their best advertising! I'm gonna be buying my first gun very soon and I've heard only good things about West York Sporting Goods LLC and also Hakes. I stopped at Stonybrook Shooting Supplies today and the selection was slim but I'm guessing that is gonna be everywhere right now!

(York County)

The guy there is a little "goofy", but you just take him at face value...they're good people and they'll spend all day letting you handle and decide. And, they actually shoot, unlike the big box stores that will point the gun right at you as they are taking it from the counter. West York gave me a good deal and they were very pleasant to deal with. After the purchase I went straight to the range to try them out, the best part of course.

(Adams County)

I've had both good and bad with Reddings and i have had the same experience you mentioned. They do have a good selection to fondle but they are a bit pricey. My go to shop is The Powder Horn in McSherrystown, best small mom and pop shop around. WE Sells in Hanover isn't awful either, kinda pricey but great service. Those are the ones I frequent most.

(Adams County)

I usually have good experiences in Reddings, they are always nice and glad to help. I know they have been apologizing for their lack of selection and service during these past few weeks on facebook. To me that says alot, they admit when their wrong and apologize for it. Their good people in there.

(Franklin County)

Taylor's Trading Post in Biglerville~good guy with an awesome selection and never the "zoo" atmosphere I find at Reddings.
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

(York County)

I am a part time employee at Reddings Hardware.Let me give you a look at things from the other side of the counter.Try fighting to get through to instant check for an hour while your doing another customer's 4473 and showing yet another customer a hangun that he's intrested in all at the same time.I've stayed as long as an hour past the end of my shift to get a customer's paper work finished so he can take his new gun home.If you call that rude behavior I guess I'm guilty as charged.
    I like giving customers one on one attention but since Sandy Hook the shop has been a zoo.Everyone that works here is a firearns enthusiast and we all enjoy helping customers pick out a new gun.
    Three days after Sandy Hook we had sold every ar15 in the shop.Now our handgun inventory is being pulled down.We still have a lot of guns for sale but the cases don't look like they used to.
    If you need one on one attention to assist you in making a purchase try coming to the shop early on weekday morning.We open at 9am week days and 8am Saturday.PICS (pa instant check) doesn't start to get backed up untill 11am and it's not as crowded.If you come to the shop in the afternoon or on Saturday please be patient.
    Don't blame us for the zoo atmosphere,Blame Obama!
    Don't leave home without it!

(York County)

Smile Re: The Best and Worst in York / Adams

Well, you're entitled to your opinion of what "good" customer service really is. I'm a customer, so my definition is obviously different than yours. I purchased 3 brand new guns on a hectic Saturday and the line went right through with no waiting at West York Sporting Goods...they were busy too, but treated me like a queen and when they called it in, it was super quick. I came to Reddings because I purchased two other guns there previously, but the folks don't really help you with your decisions, they just hand you each one and try to move you along like a herd of cattle. No thanks...I stick to the store I found that treats me right!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast