Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: List of Shops Around Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by jacassc View Post
    LOL...I've purchased 6 handguns from within his basement and storefront. My mental image of Bill and that backroom curtain was of a magician's disappearing act ....it was like magic, he'd reappear w/ exactly what you were interested in or from the Wizard of Oz "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"

I agree with that magic curtain because it always seems like no matter what you ask for it is in that magic cave of firearms behind the magic curtain. Me and some other customers were kidding him about the magic curtain when I was out there earlier this year. He joked that this was indeed the case.
    "He who goes unarmed in paradise had better be sure that is where he is."
    -- James Thurber

(Allegheny County)

There is a new shop in Munhall, located at 3606 Main Street, used to be Vinay's Gun Shop, and is now Steel Valley Arms.

(Westmoreland County)

Not sure if we want to keep FFL fees in this list or not but Bravermans last night said they wanted $35 for a transfer (P2P) and $50 for Receiving FFL transfer.

Fucking ridiculous if you ask me. What it's not going to do is make me buy from them instead and it's not going to bring me into their shop to check their stock while I have a transfer done.

I'll travel elsewhere when needed. Powells, I think, is a little more reasonable.

(Allegheny County)

D-fens

Island Arms in Neville Island charges $20 for transfers
    The Lord Bless You

For what it's worth-

Big Buck in Wexford is overpriced & arrogant.

High Tech Handguns in McCandless is overpriced & the shop is run as a hobby. I have stopped several times during their normal hours - only to find it closed with a sign on it - "be right back". Spoke with the owner on the phone - prices are high.

Sportsman's Warehouse - bought a stoeger cougar there last week. Decent prices & service.

Jolar in New Kensington - don't waste your time. Arrogant owner & prices are absurd.

Check out Bee's Guns in Saltsburg. Prices are good, stock is low. They will order what you want.

(Westmoreland County)

Unhappy Re: List of Shops Around Pittsburgh

I miss Esman's,bought a lot of stuff there when I was younger.Also bought a lot of stuff at Firearms Unlimited at both their East Liberty locations.

(Allegheny County)

I'll give Sportsmans Supply in Butler a 4 based on my recent experience there. I got a good price on a used Rem 870 they recently got in. The salesman (can't remember his name) was friendly, polite and answered my questions well.
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by natrona848 View Post
    I'll give Sportsmans Supply in Butler a 4 based on my recent experience there. I got a good price on a used Rem 870 they recently got in. The salesman (can't remember his name) was friendly, polite and answered my questions well.
    I am glad to hear it! Based on those that I have spoken to about them (6 guys) & have given that shop several chances to earn their business - that appears to be the exception rather than the rule. I have been there 4 or 5 times, and even had web purchase transferred to their shop due to convenience of hours, but I can say that I won't spend another penny there.

Used prices were high, they advertise that they want trades, but insult you with the price they offer. They wouldn't try to get the gun that I asked for. In fact, they stated that the stoeger cougars are IMPOSSIBLE to get. They challenged me to find one anywhere. Funny - Gander Mt. & Sportsman's Warehouse has them.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS View Post
    Not sure if we want to keep FFL fees in this list or not but Bravermans last night said they wanted $35 for a transfer (P2P) and $50 for Receiving FFL transfer.

Fucking ridiculous if you ask me. What it's not going to do is make me buy from them instead and it's not going to bring me into their shop to check their stock while I have a transfer done.

I'll travel elsewhere when needed. Powells, I think, is a little more reasonable.

Amen brother.

I currently am in need of a transfer.....I've called maybe 8 places and all of them have been complete assholes. They either want an arm and a leg for the fee or act like they're being put out to sign for a fuckin box, fill out a form, and make a phone call.

Pitiful.....and needless to say all these places that I've called won't see a penny of business from me.

Since Todd..... HEY BUDDY! Hope you are doing well!!!! AkA GRoPA, the absolute best NO BULLSHIT FFL I've ever had the pleasure of knowing, is down it's been a real chore to find a fair transfer. Hope you're back soon my man.

Where else have you guys found for less than $35 in the southeast Pittsburgh region?

There is a fellow in White Oak, right near me, but I keep having to cancel due to my cousin's (local LEO) hectic work schedule. I don't want to keep bothering John if I don't have to.

I haven't found anywhere any cheaper than Braverman's in the area. Anthony Arms I'm told is $50, Gander Mountain told me (get this!) $74.99.

If somewhere is $5 cheaper but is a 40 minute drive, I'd rather pay a few extra bucks to get it done local.

Jesse

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast