Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: List of Shops Around Pittsburgh

Bouldin's is dead and gone, went out of business and retired.
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Czpalt View Post
    Also, has anyone checked out the range at Iron City Armory in Bridgeville? Haven't had a chance to yet but have been thinking about it
    Yeah, just swung by on Saturday with my wife. Had a good time, pretty steady flow of traffic without anyone that scared me safety-wise coming to the bays next to us. Definitely bring plugs and muffs; it gets loud in the big concrete room, especially when someone pulled out a 44mag in the next bay over. They had it split into two 'rooms' with 5 bays on each side split with a door. There was a CC class going on one side, with the other open for those of us renting time. They had maybe 5-6 different popular handguns to rent. Said there's plans for the next bay over in that warehouse to get some beefed up traps that'll take rifle rounds in the future.

They're taking over the property of the Greater Pittsburgh Gun Club too, just south of Moon, and I believe that just opened back up this week - memberships cover both properties for now. Looking forward to seeing how it gets cleaned up and especially for when training courses get going there - great location with 400m for rifle.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jwramp View Post
    Yeah, just swung by on Saturday with my wife. Had a good time, pretty steady flow of traffic without anyone that scared me safety-wise coming to the bays next to us. Definitely bring plugs and muffs; it gets loud in the big concrete room, especially when someone pulled out a 44mag in the next bay over. They had it split into two 'rooms' with 5 bays on each side split with a door. There was a CC class going on one side, with the other open for those of us renting time. They had maybe 5-6 different popular handguns to rent. Said there's plans for the next bay over in that warehouse to get some beefed up traps that'll take rifle rounds in the future.

They're taking over the property of the Greater Pittsburgh Gun Club too, just south of Moon, and I believe that just opened back up this week - memberships cover both properties for now. Looking forward to seeing how it gets cleaned up and especially for when training courses get going there - great location with 400m for rifle.

It's a shame that such a great old club is now going to be run by such piece of shit owners.
    EDIT: Maybe that's a bit harsh, but as I said in the other thread, birds of a feather flock together, so I don't have much hope of the other owners being any better than the verified piece of shit that "Jason" was/is. The fact that they hung up on Grey Bearded One after Jason was no longer in the picture speaks volumes to me though.

Iron City Armory Rant

Iron City Armory Owner Arrested - Goodbye FFL

and then after the apologists said that the "other owners" are good guys...

Iron City Armory?

Oh. Nevermind. Ignore the above links. I see now that you were suckered into thinking he (Jason) was "a great guy"...
    Iron City Armory - Bridgeville (SW PA)
    Last edited by Emptymag; March 7th, 2016 at 09:01 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Also, has anyone checked out the range at Iron City Armory in Bridgeville? Haven't had a chance to yet but have been thinking about it
    My wife and I are members, have been shooting there primarily every other Monday for the past couple of months. So far so good, a couple of friends have also joined and a couple of others are still thinking about it. Now with the added plus of being able to use the old Greater Pit Gun club.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Allegheny County)

I am curious to see what happens to the old Greater Pittsburgh Gun Club. Any details on what it costs for a day of shooting there? Used to be $5 all day. The building at the 400m range sure looks beat up in the video. Looks like a tree fell on it.

(Washington County)

I wouldn't go to anthony arms if they were handing out free ammo but the boat load. Place is a joke.

Love A&S in youngwood. Very friendly staff and enjoyable environment. But crowded. Small place.

Aces in Washington is pretty good too. No range but very professional.

(Allegheny County)

Any details on what it costs for a day of shooting there?
    (ICA outdoor range - the old Greater Pit Gun Club)

Appears to be for members and their guests currently, but will open to the public down the road. This is what I have gathered from reading their Facebook and Web Site pages, but time will tell.

I just called a friend to inform him of this and he stated "This might just tip the scale for me to get a membership."
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Oh. Nevermind. Ignore the above links. I see now that you were suckered into thinking he (Jason) was "a great guy"...
    Damn. I didn't know any of this but after reading through it all, I'll be damned if I ever give these guys a penny. Yet it seems like there's no shortage of members running to drop their cash with ICA. Maybe that should be my new business model: treat people like shit and tell them they should be happy to pay me for the abuse.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    Damn. I didn't know any of this but after reading through it all, I'll be damned if I ever give these guys a penny. Yet it seems like there's no shortage of members running to drop their cash with ICA. Maybe that should be my new business model: treat people like shit and tell them they should be happy to pay me for the abuse.

People generally don't care so long as they benefit personally from the relationship.

Bloomberg and Clinton could jointly open Greater Pit Gun Club and inform the members that their dues would be used against them to strip them of their rights, and people would happily throw their money at them.

(Allegheny County)

Sigh. I get an email notification for a thread subscription from years ago and think why not contribute some helpful information. Shame on me for coming back to this cesspool. The sole reason I cancelled my supporter subscription here a few years back.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast