Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: List of Shops Around Pittsburgh

Anthony Arms - 1 of 5 rude staff, nice selection and indoor range. But sadly the staff is the problem, even at the range they act like its so much trouble.

Big Bucks - 4 of 5 helpful staff, good selection, one staff member was a little sexist towards my girl but, I won't hold it against the whole store.

Gander Mountain in West Mifflin. - 3 of 5 - medium selection leans more towards hunting but they do sell handguns. Prices are a little higher. Staff is about 70/30 there are some good people there but some I think we're just placed there.

(Allegheny County)

Just bought a Glock 27 a few days ago after looking at several places and using their gun range. I agree their staff seems to have an air about them where they are doing you a favor by talking to you or selling you a gun. Thought maybe it was just me.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunsPricedRight View Post
    This shop recently moved to new location below. Ask for Greg, the manager, he's always willing to go the extra mile to make help you find what you want or answer questions.

Guns Priced Right
    100 Bettis Road, Suite 1
    Dravosburg, Pa 15034

412-466-5199
    412-466-5177 Fax

www.gunspricedright.com
    greg@gunspricedright.com
    Before buying from Anthony Arms I stopped in here on a Saturday like 20 minutes before closing. Talked to one guy who showed me his personal gun(Glock 27) took two different guns out of the case to show me(Taurus 9mm) and answered my questions without making me feel like an idiot since I am basically pretty new to owning a gun. They didn't have what I was looking for but I definatly appreciated the time he took and his attitude. When I get ready to buy another gun that is where I plan to go, no question about it. Just my 2 cents.

(Allegheny County)

Love William Powell's

Ace Sporting Goods is decent, though my experience is limited.

I don't hate Anthony Arms. It really depends who you're talking to that day.
    Last edited by BadAtScreennames; February 18th, 2013 at 08:36 AM.

(Allegheny County)

I have purchased three guns recently, at three different stores in the area and my favorite place is Braverman Arms Company. The store was super busy but they took their time with me and were willing to cut the price for bundling my firearm with some ammo and paying in cash.

Least favorite is Big Buck Sport Shop...sadly, this is my closest shop. The employees are rude, not helpful, and the prices are expensive.

I just shot a question to Steel City Guns who posted on the previous page, I am looking for three additional firearms and if they hook me up, I will be more than happy to post about my experience here.

BTW, my first post!

(Westmoreland County)

I did a transfer at Steel City Guns a few weeks ago. It was the easiest transfer I've ever had, we made an appointment and I was in and out in 10-15 minutes. Although ammo was limited he had very good prices for what he had in stock. I myself don't reload but I've heard good things from reloaders about his reloading supply prices and stock.

(Allegheny County)

Just a quick follow-up on my above post, John at Steel City Guns was able to track down the exact gun I was looking for at a very reasonable price and the transaction was smooth as butter. 5 stars and big ups to an all around very nice guy.

(Allegheny County)

Smile Re: List of Shops Around Pittsburgh

First off GREAT List. I was looking for it but didn't know where to find it.

Ace Sporting Go
    462 Washington Rd, Route 19
    Washington, PA 15301.
    Great place to shop.

Sportsman's Supply Co
    245 Freeport Rd. (Rt. 356)
    Butler, PA 16002
    Another good place to buy from.

Anthony Arms & Accessories Shooting Center Ltd
    2980 Lebanon Church Road
    West Mifflin PA 15122
    Don't waste your time. The man with the cowboy hat would have shot me if he would have had a loaded gun cause I asked if they did internet deals.
    Bad place to shop.

(Allegheny County)

I've only gotten through about 5 pages so far, but haven't seen anyone mention "Guns Priced Right" on Bettis Lane in Dravosburg, I think. It's about 5 minutes from Anthony Arms. I've gotten 4 guns from there so far. They have the best prices I've found locally, although I've only been to a handful of other places. Their website, gunspricedright.com has all their stuff listed. I hope they get added to the list at the beginning of this thread. And now I have a ton more places to check out. Also as many have stated, Anthony Arms does seem to treat its customers pretty crappy. My wife and I go to their range every so often. I was glad to see that they know let you bring your own ammo now though.............after I posted this I scrolled up the last page and saw someone talking about guns priced right. Guess I should've looked a little harder. Also, has anyone checked out the range at Iron City Armory in Bridgeville? Haven't had a chance to yet but have been thinking about it
    Last edited by Czpalt; March 6th, 2016 at 10:40 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot

(Allegheny County)

Iron City Armory?

Hahahahaha!

You really need to do a search on that one.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast