Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: List of Shops Around Pittsburgh

Pfrogners in Coal Center Is a great place to do business. Excellent service and good prices. Just purchased a S&W 360PD there. Mr and Mrs Pfrogner are great people.

(Allegheny County)

I give Braverman's in Wilkinsburg a 5--Knowledgeable, courteous, and a fair price on my Glock 17 and Glock 21!!
    Last edited by joecon; November 23rd, 2009 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Spelling error

(Allegheny County)

I am in Wexford, PA. What are the closest shops/ranges and what ones would be recommended as having the best customer service? I just moved here three weeks ago from NJ. I loved the range in NJ and the owner was on the board of the NRA. Everyone there was very helpful and supportive, as well as knowledgeable. I was a member of the NRA, but I decided to become a life member several weeks ago. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by devi View Post
    I am in Wexford, PA. What are the closest shops/ranges and what ones would be recommended as having the best customer service? I just moved here three weeks ago from NJ. I loved the range in NJ and the owner was on the board of the NRA. Everyone there was very helpful and supportive, as well as knowledgeable. I was a member of the NRA, but I decided to become a life member several weeks ago. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.
    check out this thread ...

http://forum.pafoa.org/allegheny-27/...ges-shops.html

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Allegheny County)

I may have a buyer for a handgun and need to know if there are any FFLs in the Kittanning area.

The buyer would be coming to that area for buck season, and I'm able to drive up from the Monroeville area to meet to do the transfer, but I know of no shops in that area.

I found this place on the list:
    McCrea's Gun Shop & Sporting Clays
    155 Hays Road
    Fenelton, PA 16034 Show On Map

Anyone familiar with them?(or any other places in that area?)

Thanks in advance!
    EM
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Mccreas is ok. I picked a rifle up up there a few years back. I was less than pleased with their attitude(I dealt with the owner, can't remember his name.) I normally wouldnt have purchased the gun, but it was something I'd been looking for for a while.

As I recall, they had a great selection, and the shop was way out in the sticks.

You might have better luck posting this in the Armstrong county forum.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by devi View Post

devi,

You'll find that Big Bucks is the closest to you. I would not recommend that shop. If you look like you have money, they'll be mighty good to you, however, if you look younger, or go in dressed in some work-clothes, you'll get a whole lot of attitude. They've had a long history of overcharging and condescension. This changed for a few years as a Sportsman's Warehouse opened up just down the road. Now that SW is closed again, they are back to their old antics. I've walked into that place with cash on 2-3 occasions looking for firearms, and walked right out due to their attitude.

I highly recommend The Shooters Bench in Russelton. Ed, the owner is an awesome guy, and his actions when I wasn't even buying have gained a faithful customer. They've got great prices on guns, too.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Allegheny County)

I'll give William Powell's a 5. The only shop out of the dozen I tried, that had a Marlin 39. The prices were fair and he was very friendly. I just wish I had tried there first.

Anthony Arms gets a 3 just barely. The pros are the indoor range which is very expensive but before I actually owned a gun it helped the waiting process. The other cool thing is that when I was there they had several custom guns that had gold and silver engravings on them. Other than that, it is very pricey and has probably the rudest and least friendly salesmen of any store I have been to.

Allegheny River Arsenal is also pretty nice. I'll go 4.5 because they didnt have what I was looking for but there was a nice selection. Also very friendly, within a few minutes of being there I found out they didnt have what I wanted but I ended up staying for much longer talking with the owner.

(Allegheny County)

I bought a rifle at Gander Mt in West Mifflin. I usually don't like to shop at big chain stores, but the gentleman that helped me was great. We talked hunting and he seemed decent. I am very happy. So 4.5/5.

Where is a good place to buy CLP around here (Pittsburgh)? Or is online cheaper? I also wanted to try some fancy lube just for fun like miltech.... where to buy?

I am just getting back into shooting so any help is great.
    DB

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    devi,

You'll find that Big Bucks is the closest to you. I would not recommend that shop. If you look like you have money, they'll be mighty good to you, however, if you look younger, or go in dressed in some work-clothes, you'll get a whole lot of attitude. They've had a long history of overcharging and condescension. This changed for a few years as a Sportsman's Warehouse opened up just down the road. Now that SW is closed again, they are back to their old antics. I've walked into that place with cash on 2-3 occasions looking for firearms, and walked right out due to their attitude.

I highly recommend The Shooters Bench in Russelton. Ed, the owner is an awesome guy, and his actions when I wasn't even buying have gained a faithful customer. They've got great prices on guns, too.

Couldn't agree more about Big Buck's. They are in a convenient location near the range when coming from Pittsburgh but their attitude really annoys me. If I go into a shop ready to spend money and get treated like I'm more of an annoyance than a customer I'll do what I can to avoid returning. Just about zero help or info when I asked questions either.

2 just because of location.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast