Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default (MUST SEE!) The Battle of Athens: Restoring the Rule of Law -1946 Tennessee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5ut6yPrObw

The Battle of Athens was an armed rebellion led by WWII veterans and citizens in Athens and Etowah, Tennessee, United States, against the tyrannical local government in August 1946.

I have never heard of this incident in all my years. Please watch. It is a true story and a lesson for our times.

I pray that such action not be needed again if things get worse. But I hope such principles still exist if it is needed.

Exhibit A of why we need the Second Amendment!

Please spread this on the social media!
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Crawford County)

Default Re: (MUST SEE!) The Battle of Athens: Restoring the Rule of Law -1946 Tennessee

This is the absolute truth as to WHY we as a nation have the Second Amendment, and the inalienable right as the People to keep AND bear arms! And why we need to protect this Amendment AND this inalienable right at all costs.....
    "When I hit it, I expect it to fall the hell down and die!"

Default Re: (MUST SEE!) The Battle of Athens: Restoring the Rule of Law -1946 Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by brsims View Post
    This is the absolute truth as to WHY we as a nation have the Second Amendment, and the inalienable right as the People to keep AND bear arms! And why we need to protect this Amendment AND this inalienable right at all costs.....
    Spread this far and wide.....I had never heard of this story until today.

(Westmoreland County)

Native Americans and Slaves were not allowed to own firearms either. Look what happened to them.

First US gun control law was to ban "cheap firearms". Passed in a Southern State after the end of the Civil War. Meant to keep "some folks in their place".

(Crawford County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Native Americans and Slaves were not allowed to own firearms either. Look what happened to them.

First US gun control law was to ban "cheap firearms". Passed in a Southern State after the end of the Civil War. Meant to keep "some folks in their place".
    Sure. Can't be having with the 'lower classes' having equal footing with their betters, now can we? Just like the current mood of some, like Sen. Feinstein, who feel the only ones who should have protection are the ones who can afford armed guards. Its elitism at its very core. Only the upper classes (wealthy, nobility, royalty) deserve to be protected. All else are to be vicitimized at will.
    "When I hit it, I expect it to fall the hell down and die!"

(Lancaster County)

I would love to see a reporter ambush a sen or rep,with this reference..... Btw- is the reference to a "local armory" a now a days gun shop? Can that fact be used against us in our discussions?

(Chester County)

GREAT find.

Quote Originally Posted by c_brutsche View Post
    GREAT find.
    If you are on social media, please spread this far and wide.

I'd never heard of this either. Imagine that.
    -Ben

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPM View Post
    I would love to see a reporter ambush a sen or rep,with this reference..... Btw- is the reference to a "local armory" a now a days gun shop? Can that fact be used against us in our discussions?
    They used the guns from the local armory, but this account is actually a good reason why every citizen should own an AR-15. What if those citizens in 1946 did not have access to that armory? The ballots would have been tampered with.

This is about a clear a demonstration as can be of why they 2A is there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast