Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Did the harrisburg Patriot News Stop Listing Firearms for sale in the Classifieds?

Last week (Thursday) for the first time in 25+ years I noticed there were no listings for firearms in the classified section of the Harrisburg Patriot News. The classified index still listed "guns" as a category but none appeared to be for sale. I initially thought it was just a coincidence.

In the Saturday edition they list no firearms for sale and the index no longer lists this as a category.

I watched this take place over the years with the Washington Post, Baltimore Sun, Philly papers; but didn't expect it in the Patriot.

Of all my firearm transactions, I don't believe any were through the Patriot ads. However, I am disappointed.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Did the harrisburg Patriot News Stop Listing Firearms for sale in the Classifieds

Have not read the Patriot News much lately, since moving to Lancaster many years ago. Not sure which way they lean, do know they could not kiss Penn States ass any more then they did.
    Newspaper ads in general are over, with E-Bay, Creags List, and interest based forums like this and others that can target ads better the then some little newspaper ad, so if the paper thinks they are making a statement or are doing anything to curb the sale of guns, then I hope they sleep sound with that warm and fuzzy feeling, becouse that's the best they will get. Just like all the other bull shit will get anyone, warm and fuzzy feelings not any safer.

Default Re: Did the harrisburg Patriot News Stop Listing Firearms for sale in the Classifieds

In today's paper there is a single classified listing for a Stoeger shotgun. The Patriot has not stopped listing firearms.

Intrestingly enogh, I haven't seen a firearm for sale in the Reading Eagle for weeks either...

(Lycoming County)

Everybody is holding on to anything they have.

Shit, I actually know people that are burying stuff. It has always been a running joke about burying stuff. I now see people, that 1 year ago did not even own anything substantial, are really cache things. No shit!

Be safe (and keep what you got and gather what you can).

Scott

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    but didn't expect it in the Patriot
    LOL, the Patriot News is as liberal and anti-gun as any most any other newspaper. I remember about 5 years ago I listed an AR15 for sale. A couple dasy after the ad was running, it was pulled, I got refunded, and was sent an email stating 'they do not allow machine guns to be sold through their paper". I tried to educate them that the Colt HBAR I had listed was a semi-automatic, but it fell on deaf ears.