Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Harrisburg 23 Jan 2013 1100 start

Quote Originally Posted by donstrom View Post
    One other note, and with all due respect...

No long arms at this event

Please understand that such a display would be too provocative. OC/CC OK.
    PLEASE UPDATE THE FIRST POST WITH THIS INFORMATION

Quote Originally Posted by PreserveandProtect View Post
    Excellent points, PhillyVet!

Yes, we need videographers! Volunteers?
    I have a cheap hd camcorder with sd cards and spare batteries. I will bring this.

I see out best chances as just being ourselves.
    Regular people dressing appropriately, (Kind of dress casual, Nice pants and coat etc)

I would prefer no long arms but it would be quite a statement.

As I said in previous post please pm me with what you guys want on fliers and I will design them and get them printed. Any logos etc that you want on there if they need approval of the (C)opyright holder please get permission in writing for this so we do not get in any legal trouble. I will get fliers with the information printed up at a kinkos or other office store. I can section them into 3rd's if that is needed so we can hand out even more.

If anybody would like to suggest any talking points please do so now.

BELOW ARE THE CEASEFIRE DETAILS

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.ceasefirepa.org/dayofaction
    Join CeaseFirePA in Harrisburg to Take a Stand Against Gun Violence

CeaseFirePA is going to Harrisburg on January 23, 2013.

Join us at the State Capitol Building and call on our leaders to act now to reduce gun violence.

Please use the form to the right to RSVP and let us know you'll be standing with us in Harrisburg.

Day of Action Details:

When: January 23, 2013 at Noon

Where: PA State Capitol Building, East Wing

Click here to join the Facebook event page and invite your friends.

If you have any questions about our Day of Action, please use our contact form to submit them.
    LOCATION ON GOOGLE MAPS
    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Anyone know of a good beforehand meet-up? Any good parking?
    Last edited by NuclearSociety; December 31st, 2012 at 02:17 AM.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearSociety View Post
    LOCATION ON GOOGLE MAPS
    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Anyone know of a good beforehand meet-up? Any good parking?
    From looking at Google maps it seems there are a few parking garages within walking distance.

(Lancaster County)

There are a few parking garages that are reasonably close to the Capitol, 7 or 8 blocks or so. The city's very busy during the day, and its nearly impossible to find street parking. So that's your first and closest option.

There is also city island, which has a load of free parking. But that's more of a walk maybe a 1/3 to a half of a mile or so.

(Allegheny County)

Has anyone here contacted the people at FOAC?

Does anyone at FOAC want to chime in with positive support?
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

I am not looking to start trouble but, in the news because i own an AR i have and many of you have been called a murderer,child killer,nutjob, gun nut, ext ext. Now that being said if we just show up with our handguns i feel it will reported that thats what we are trying to protect . So why cant i have my AR on my chest with a 3 point sling? I am finished with being PC if the news can do what and say what ever they want so can I!

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Default Re: Harrisburg 23 Jan 2013 - Note to the Elders

It is important, for me at least, that the Elders of this community; specifically Kim, ungawa, PennsyPlinker, renegadephoeinix and the rest, to know that this counter-demonstration to CeaseFire's event in NO WAY is meant to undermine those efforts that you all have so selflessly put in before. In fact, I intend to make the Rally in April. You all have my thanks for the work that you have done, and continue doing, in the political arena.
    I will offer up a few thoughts here in hopes that they will be taken in the spirit intended. I am not writing from any position of authority - only a little experience.

First, you need to get someone who is willing and able to head up an event. This is true for any event of any size. Otherwise it is just a bunch of people saying they might be in the same place at the same time.

Then you need to define a goal. What do you want to accomplish? What message do you want to send? To whom do you intend to send it? How do you expect to make sure they receive it?

Who are your contact people in the Capitol itself? There could be 500 people show up and stand out front and no one will know you were there unless they happen to look out the window at the right time (and be at a window that has the right view!).

Has anyone done a recon of the physical plant? For example, there is only one entrance where one may check a gun. And to the best of my knowledge, they will only check handguns, not long guns. I would not swear to that. But if people are not prepared to check their guns, they ain't a gettin' in the building.

Keep in mind that you will be dealing with a crowd of people who, regardless of their political persuasion, are masters of obfuscation, delay, distraction, etc. The whole complex is stuffed with gatekeepers of various levels and sometimes with their own agendas. How many who have already posted in this thread know the names of your own representatives, what their positions are, and where their offices are in the complex? What about the schedule for that day? Just because Ceasefire PA is going to be there doesn't mean anyone else is. Don't make the mistake of thinking they know what they are doing. At the same time you can't underestimate them.

If no one gets this stuff in place, conducting a successful event is highly unlikely. If there are no clear cut goals defined, what is they rallying point? If there is no contact at the destination, no one will know you were there. And if no one takes charge, nothing is going to happen. If it were me, I would contact some of the people who have set these things up before and get some advice.
    Last edited by PennsyPlinker; December 31st, 2012 at 09:30 AM.

(Lancaster County)

I agree with not having long guns. This will be all about appearance. We don't want to give them the "gun nut" label to use against us.

Are we entering the capital building with this get together or staying outside? If we are going indoors we should find a sponsor that can get us time on the steps. I'll get hold of my rep to find out about details. Rep. Metcalf should be contacted also. He is behind the ralley each year.

(Lebanon County)

One other note, and with all due respect...

No long arms at this event

Please understand that such a display would be too provocative. OC/CC OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreserveandProtect View Post
    Excellent points, PhillyVet!

Yes, we need videographers! Volunteers?

Also- if you do not have LTCF, either get it, or come anyways but not armed. Too much risk with the State of Emergency that may or may not still be in effect to Open Carry (OC).

2A Applies to EVERYONE, whether you carry regularly, have LTCF, or not.

This is a Fundamental Support of 2A, not for the expansion of it- re: OC.

I agree with the OC movement, but we gotta pick our primary goals.

NUMBERS COUNT! WE NEED PEOPLE!
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearSociety View Post
    PLEASE UPDATE THE FIRST POST WITH THIS INFORMATION

SNIP.............
    I would prefer no long arms but it would be quite a statement.
    .....SNIP
    The above posts illustrate the problem in our community. If we fail this will be why. I will not attend or support a rally that doesn't want OC, or long arms. I will not support those who will not support me, and will not support the right to keep and bear arms in all forms. We must hang together gentlemen, or we will most assuredly hang seperately.

If you don't want long guns or OC then count me out. And BTW, OC is not an expansion of rights. It's already legal and many of us do it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    I am not looking to start trouble but, in the news because i own an AR i have and many of you have been called a murderer,child killer,nutjob, gun nut, ext ext. Now that being said if we just show up with our handguns i feel it will reported that thats what we are trying to protect . So why cant i have my AR on my chest with a 3 point sling? I am finished with being PC if the news can do what and say what ever they want so can I!

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    F them! Start some trouble! Have you read about what happened in England and Australia?

The handgunners wouldn't back the shotgunners, and the shotgunners wouldn't back the rifle shooters, and the target shooters wouldn't back the hunters, and the hunters wouldn't back the handgunners. They got divided and they got conquered. The sentiment that says "No OC." or "No long guns." is the same sentiment that allowed Fudd hunters to back the '94 AWB because it wasn't their ox being gored.

Are we goign to stand by and let history repeat itself? No, we need to speak up and be counted.

If I can sling my AR, and OC the pistol I OC every day (weather permitting) then I will be glad to be there. Otherwise, you guys have fun. I'll watch ya on the lame stream snews.
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Lackawanna County)

I'm in and will be there.

I'm not going to be carrying at all, but I can see truecrimson's point. Just my .02 cents, I think we should allow OC and such, although I'm not sure if carrying an AR15 slung over my shoulder sends the right message or is legal. Maybe a compromise would be to let those who want to carry, carry OC and long guns unloaded??
    Last edited by Truck; December 31st, 2012 at 11:13 AM.

(Lebanon County)

Yes, carrying a long gun on foot is legal in PA. It must be unloaded while in a vehicle. I would recommend it be unloaded at any rally, just to avoid accidents.

I will not unload my carry piece.
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast