Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Harrisburg 23 Jan 2013 1100 start

Quote Originally Posted by XavierBK View Post
    I ask because I'd be interested in attending but the meet area is about 4 hours from me.
    i live on the east side of pa near NJ, if anyone is close to me I would be willing to try to pull a group together to discuss.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearSociety View Post
    i live on the east side of pa near NJ, if anyone is close to me I would be willing to try to pull a group together to discuss.
    ^^ THIS ^^

Take advantage of this offer. This is why we have an Organizational Leader on the Eastern side, too

About Skype and such...

Great idea! I don't think we'll have the facilities for this on Monday, BUT having one at some point next week would be a good idea

Let me bounce around a good tool for this. I've used a number of them, but don't want to license a $100k system

Anyone have a good sized bridge available? We can use a teleconference, too, along with an online component for images and docs and such?

Good ideas.

Slogans and such....

IMHO, we would do well to get legislators and the media and public to see gun owners for what we are: Everyday Citizens.

We are the people you see in the store, we are your neighbor, we sit next to you in church, we are your coworker, we shop in the same place, our kids are best friends.

The biggest difference is, when evil knocks at the door, WE are prepared to stand against it and protect our family AND yours!

What can an unarmed person do? Even if you are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice, what happens when your body and soul are NOT ENOUGH to stop the evil? What happens when evil walks right through you?

If it were your child, father, friend, neighbor face to face with evil, would you be ready to intervene? Castle Doctrine in Pennsylvania now says men of honor can do so (and women!)
    I Dial 1911

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PreserveandProtect View Post
    ^^ THIS ^^

Take advantage of this offer. This is why we have an Organizational Leader on the Eastern side, too

About Skype and such...

Great idea! I don't think we'll have the facilities for this on Monday, BUT having one at some point next week would be a good idea

Let me bounce around a good tool for this. I've used a number of them, but don't want to license a $100k system

Anyone have a good sized bridge available? We can use a teleconference, too, along with an online component for images and docs and such?

Good ideas.

Slogans and such....

IMHO, we would do well to get legislators and the media and public to see gun owners for what we are: Everyday Citizens.

We are the people you see in the store, we are your neighbor, we sit next to you in church, we are your coworker, we shop in the same place, our kids are best friends.

The biggest difference is, when evil knocks at the door, WE are prepared to stand against it and protect our family AND yours!

What can an unarmed person do? Even if you are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice, what happens when your body and soul are NOT ENOUGH to stop the evil? What happens when evil walks right through you?

If it were your child, father, friend, neighbor face to face with evil, would you be ready to intervene? Castle Doctrine in Pennsylvania now says men of honor can do so (and women!)
    for documents and such we can use email or dropbox.

I would like some people to review the below and add or subtract to the information. I am gathering information for flyers to hand out.
    I HAVE ONE REQUIREMENT, I need sources cited.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer information so far, Please review/add/subtract
    1) Warren v. District of Columbia (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

2) The Columbine teens broke 19 laws. Where were the police?

3)They say we need gun control.

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

When the government is given the right to regulate, they're also given the right to ban.

Gun control leads to gun confiscation. Gun confiscation leads to extermination. It's that simple.

2, 3, http://westnet.com/~levins/guncontrol3.html

4) [A] gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gang banger, and a single guy on equal footing with a carload of drunken guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender. Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret.)

4, http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...dill-usmc-ret/

5) An assault rifle is a selective fire (either fully automatic or burst-capable) rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.
    5) A semi-automatic rifle is a type of rifle that fires a single bullet each time the trigger is pulled, automatically ejects the spent cartridge, chambers a fresh cartridge from its magazine, and is immediately ready to fire another shot.

5, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_rifle , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-automatic_rifle

6) So anyone who tells you that private citizens don’t need assault weapons are just plain ignorant. Besides, it is the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs.

6, http://www.seraphicpress.com/jew-without-a-gun/
    Last edited by NuclearSociety; January 3rd, 2013 at 12:14 AM.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Westmoreland County)

Are you going to WISH the bad man away?

Unarmed Parent? You're writing check your body can't cash.

Unarmed Camper? Some days you eat the bear...

Are you a Victim or Survivor?

Your "Happy Place" won't erase the scars

I'm ready to protect YOUR family, too!

Remember When, or Remember Him?

Who's Guarding YOUR Door?

You hear breaking glass in your child's room in the middle of the night. Do you call the police, or Jim, your neighbor with the NRA sign in his yard?

Two houses. One yard sign says, "Say No to Guns," the other says, "The Right to Keep and Bear Arms shall not be Infringed." Guess which one gets robbed?

You are afraid of having a gun in the house? Do you trust yourself that little?

Afraid of guns? You're looking at the WRONG END!

Burglars can hear a hammer cock at 20 yards!

Alarm company response time: 7 minutes
    Shotgun response time: 1200 feet per second
    Choose one.
    I Dial 1911

(Jefferson County)

I'm in and bringing two others not active in the forum.. Yet.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by newman attack View Post
    I'm in and bringing two others not active in the forum.. Yet.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    Great! PM me your name, email and phone and I'll send you some info.
    I Dial 1911

(Delaware County)

To all concerned -

I am constantly updating post #1 as our situation develops to a more defined end goal.

Please remember to check that post frequently.

Thanks to all of you for getting this rolling and getting more people on board!

Best regards - Don
    (Member NRA & GOA)

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by PreserveandProtect View Post
    Check your email, I sent you a message. No, I haven't talked with those guys yet. Can you point them this way?

Thanks!
    I sent a PM to Mark, and an email to Excel.
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Cumberland County)

Another sign idea:

School Violence
    Workplace Violence
    Gang Violence
    Domestic Violence

... all have one thing in common, and it's not a gun.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearSociety View Post
    Ill be there, also I live right outside Philly.

Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast