Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Classified rules are being broken regularly

Between ads with no prices and ads being bumped, hell within hours, it's getting out of hand. Of course, most of the folks breaking the rules have less than 10 posts.

Deputize me, and I'll be glad to help!
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Classified rules are being broken regularly

Report them?

(Franklin County)

That's the typical response, but I think you and I both know that when there are a flurry of reports from the same person - even justified ones, the reporter often gets classified as a "nuisance" by the staff, and may even receive a "knock it off" message.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Clinton County)

I see it all the time too and I'm not ashamed to say I send out a message to the people who post these with a link to the classifieds rules as well as a quote of the rule they are violating. Most if not all change their posts immediately and never have to go the route of reporting the post. Most people just forget, some I've noticed lately are new members that just don't seem to read before they post.

Send them a reminder if you see a violation. If they don't want to change it, THEN report it.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    That's the typical response, but I think you and I both know that when there are a flurry of reports from the same person - even justified ones, the reporter often gets classified as a "nuisance" by the staff, and may even receive a "knock it off" message.
    That was my concern. I did report a couple already, but it gets old. I don't want to slam the mods PM box either. A minimum post rule exists on most forums. But they can cheat forum members out of good deals at times. Myself, I would be leery of any non-FTF with a low post member.
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Post reported. No, really - I just did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    I see it all the time too and I'm not ashamed to say I send out a message to the people who post these with a link to the classifieds rules as well as a quote of the rule they are violating. Most if not all change their posts immediately and never have to go the route of reporting the post. Most people just forget, some I've noticed lately are new members that just don't seem to read before they post.

Send them a reminder if you see a violation. If they don't want to change it, THEN report it.
    Yep, I do that as well. Most of these guys lately mhave less than 5 posts. One guy just bumped his ad after 4 hours! Not much he can do to about that, except reply to his own post with an apology. Thereby giving himself another bump...

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Post reported. No, really - I just did it.
    See...you've got nothing to lose. You're already a known trouble-maker.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post
    That was my concern. I did report a couple already, but it gets old. I don't want to slam the mods PM box either. A minimum post rule exists on most forums. But they can cheat forum members out of good deals at times. Myself, I would be leery of any non-FTF with a low post member.
    Like someone who has been here since 2006 with only 400 posts?

(Jefferson County)

I'm sure gnbrotz and Emptymag will agree with this... The mods don't read every post or ad. When they see something they either moderate it, ignore it, or just happen to miss an issue.

If you see a legitimate broken rule - please report the ad. Odds are we will never know unless you report it. But only report actual posts/ads that have broken a rule. The classified section rules are rather easy - you need a price/trade, no bumps under 72hrs, and the basic forum rules.

Also, there isn't always a mod/admin "on duty". It may be a few hours to a day or so before staff sees the reported post.

----------

The vast majority of reported posts lately has been classified ads since Sandy Hook and the threat of a new Assault Weapon Ban. Since my wallet and bank account is empty - I'm never in there. The only mod that I know that dedicates a lot of time keeping the classified in order is G=C800:5.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast