Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: barska 6-24x50

(Cambria County)

Default barska 6-24x50

Just got one today on my mini 14 target. First off, it barely fit. I needed spacers inside my rings to make it clear. But when I got it home and looked across at another mountain I zoomed in slowly from 6 to 24 and at about 19-20 it started to blur really bad, like it filled with a pale film. Anybody have this problem or know what thats all about? I have a tasco 6-24x42 varmint and it does not have this problem, actually very clear at 24x. Opinions wanted.

-Justin

Default Re: barska 6-24x50

Howdy Justin. I will say that I personally don't own any Barska products, but have looked through a few. There is the possibility that the scope has a problem with one of the lense elements that it goes to into the higher powers. At higher powers, imperfections in glass become much more evident, and there is also the possibility that they used cheap glass and you're not gonna get much resolution at the higher end powers. Since I don't have much experience with Barska scopes, I don't know which is the highest probability.

I know several people and have even read on this forum I believe of people having barska binoculars that the lenses weren't lined up right. When they returend them to Barska, they were given another set of the same binos and they had the same problem. Maybe some others have an idea, of exactly what to expect, and you may contact Barska. They might tell you that the product is defective and send you another one. Best of luck to you. Remember that with optics, you pretty much get what you pay for. The more expensive scopes have MUCH better resolution at the higher magnifications. Is it worth the scope costing 3 times as much as some of the other optics? That will depend on your budget, use, etc. Just remember that one of the lowest down optics you can get, probably isn't going to perform quite the way you want it to.

I know several people and have even read on this forum I believe of people having barska binoculars that the lenses weren't lined up right. When they returend them to Barska, they were given another set of the same binos and they had the same problem.

That happened to me. IMO Barska is garbage. Their warranty is good, no questions asked. I emailed cust support and told them the problem, they replied that they would send another pair at no cost. I offered to send the mis-aligned pair back and they said no need to. The new pair I got was mis-aligned, while not as bad they are still unusable. That was my first and last barska purchase..
    "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil but, because of the people who do nothing about them."
    - Albert Einstein

(Cumberland County)

i have a 6.5x20x50 on my 30.06 and it will drive tacks at150 yard no problem. now dose yours have the rang estimator on it if it dose and you don't adjust it for the yardage you are looking at i will get blurrie on you at the higher end

That's not a "range estimator" .338, that's the parallax adjustment. It does have yardage numbers on it to help give people an idea where they need to be at on the dial. You are correct though, as you get especially into the higher magnification ranges, and if you don't adjust the parallax(which is connected to the fine focus), then you are correct it would be blurry.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat088 View Post
    That's not a "range estimator" .338, that's the parallax adjustment. It does have yardage numbers on it to help give people an idea where they need to be at on the dial. You are correct though, as you get especially into the higher magnification ranges, and if you don't adjust the parallax(which is connected to the fine focus), then you are correct it would be blurry.
    your rite about the parallaax my bad

(Cambria County)

it goes from about like 30 yds to 300 to infinity. I was looking across at another mountain probably 1k yds and had it set on the infinity focus setting.

(Cumberland County)

then i would say contact barska customer service they will stand behind it 100 percent

jpeters, that means that it is not an issue with the parallax. I'm sure that barska will stand behind their product, but I'm not sure if you will receive a scope is much of a different product. Best of luck to you.