Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kahr cw9

(Beaver County)

Default kahr cw9

So I've been weeling and dealing in the last 30 days. Few days before thanksgiving I sold my sigma and Taurus pt111 and picked up a Springfield xd sc. 200 rds later and I absolutely love that gun. Trigger is nice and very accurate for a subcompact.

Last week I sold a wasr 10 for cash and a marlin 60. My wife has been showing interest recently in having her own pistol so off to the gun store we went. It was between the ruger lc9 and the kahr cw9. After an hour of looking and holding multiple guns she decided on the kahr

Hopefully the weather clears up soon and we can take the guns out for some fun. I've read great things about kahr pistols so I'm really hoping we made a good choice. If anyone has any feedback or opinions on the kahr 200 round break in period please let me know.
    Last edited by ewaddell; December 29th, 2012 at 11:45 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: kahr cw9

II had a CM9 last year and once I followed the procedure to break it in it was flawless!!!! In fact after following the steps before shooting the 200 rounds I didn't have a single issue!! You'll love the Kahr!!

I've had a PM9 for a few years and love it. It was a bit flaky at first but after a bunch of rounds it's been flawless.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by bell22 View Post
    II had a CM9 last year and once I followed the procedure to break it in it was flawless!!!! In fact after following the steps before shooting the 200 rounds I didn't have a single issue!! You'll love the Kahr!!
    So I have gone through the manual, field stripped and cleaned it. I also put small amount of grease on the rails. Are there any additional specific steps I should be doing before sending rounds downrange. I keep seeing people say follow the steps before shooting but Im not sure what they are referring to.

(Montgomery County)

Try this -

http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=break

I had a PM9, racked the slide 500 times before my first range day, never had a problem.

(Beaver County)

That helps. Thank you. I guess I know what I'm doing while watching the Steelers game today.

I had a CW9 for a bit, I got it slightly used. I never had a problem with it, never did the break in but the previous owner may have. She will like it very much.

(Washington County)

I have a Kahr P9 and a Kahr CW45, and I love them. I bought the P9 when they first came out, but really wanted a .45. When the CW45 came out I traded one of my 1911s for it. I carry it all the time and outfitted it with a Crimson Trace and it is deadly accurate and 100% reliable.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ewaddell View Post
    So I have gone through the manual, field stripped and cleaned it. I also put small amount of grease on the rails. Are there any additional specific steps I should be doing before sending rounds downrange. I keep seeing people say follow the steps before shooting but Im not sure what they are referring to.
    As stated above...clean, lube, rack...200 rnds, then you're gold! Plus it's an awesome way to get aquainted very well

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ewaddell View Post
    If anyone has any feedback or opinions on the kahr 200 round break in period please let me know.
    I have a PM9, definitely break it in. Also, check your manual. To chamber a round in the PM9 Kahr recommends you insert a mag then release the slide using the stop, not hand over top sling shot method. I've read where people using that method get failures to feed the next round properly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast