Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Taurus Raging Bull: .454 Casull

I don't have anything particularly enlightening to say about this weapon other than: F#ck me!

Went and rented it the other day and it was quite a rush. I want one. Does anyone actually hunt with this monster?

All I could think of was the movie Johnny Dangerously, when Piscopo's character pulls out his gun, looks at it lovingly and says "This thing shoots through schools..."
    Pittsburgh, PA

I also am a huge metalhead. PM if you wanna talk music.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Taurus Raging Bull: .454 Casull

I own two .44 Magnum revolvers: one Ruger Redhawk and one Ruger Super BlackHawk Hunter. The former was used for bear protection, and the BlackHawk I have plans to hunt with (it included scope rings/mounts). Ruger may not be as refined as S&W, but they can take a lot more abuse. Personally, I never really cared for Taurus, but that is purely personal opinion.

As for rounds, I can say with good certainty that .44 is the largest caliber I could actually shoot for fun. Anything larger and it gets pretty abusive.
    - Steve

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson

(Westmoreland County)

I have a Raging Bull 6" in .44 mag and I love it! I wish I had a .454 or .500 Bull, but honestly, the .44 mag is expensive enough to shoot! But I still enjoy pulling it out of the safe and fondling it just as much!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Northumberland County)

I have a Ruger Super Redhawk in .454 and yes I hunt with it. I shot the Taurus but didn't like the feel of it in my hand, but I am kind of a gun snob.
    To date I have only shot 3 groundhogs and 2 armadillos, kinda overkill but entertaining to say the least. Recoil can be very tame with some loads and can be downright a handful with others. Only ever had one screw up: using Magsafe ammo, primer blew out the back of the cartridge case and jammed up the firing pin, completely locking up the gun.
    "You never lived till you almost died, for those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know"

(Erie County)

I've started carrying and loving shooting my Taurus .44 Magnum 4" ported.

I'm not sure about the pressure difference in the two rounds, but the 44 is fun just to shoot. I could only imagine what it would do to an animal.

(York County)

My best fcriend has a raging bull 454 ... that thing shoots unbelievably well.The porting on the front of the barrel stops almost all muzzle rise from the downward release of gases. He loaded up some friggin SUPER HOT loads for us to shoot one time and it hit so hard it was like catching a 90 mph baseball with your bare hands and anyone standing nearby got a punch in the chest from the sound wave hahahahaha..... It is a very easy gun to shoot and was derad balls accurate every singlew time..... Ive seriously been thinking about getting one but I gotta wait cuzz I got a new gun being delivered and then an AR with tax money and then an XL7 after that and then ........

(Luzerne County)

The Raging Bull is an awesome platform, especially in the 454 and handles recoil better than most others. The stock red stripe Taurus grips really help tame the sting and the porting keeps the gone nearly level believe it or not. It does push back (straight back) a good amount with hot loads. Very accurate as well, even with the open sights which is how I shoot mine. You can also shoot 45 Long Colts which are like shooting rimfire. It shouldn't be to hard to find a nice one (used) in the $450 range.
    Guns are good.
    If you can't fry it you shouldn't eat it
    Loud pipes save lives
    Mom spelled backwards spells....mom
    "Please don't squeeze the Charmin." ~ Mr. Whipple

(Adams County)

I'm a Ruger fan when it comes to big bores.....but I would take a Raging Bull over a Smith&Weakened I mean Wesson any day. Although....the S&W X frames are pretty beefy......Okay, I did start saving for Smith 500mag (I admit it).
    “IF THE DEVIL COACHES NAVY ORDNANCE, THEN HELL IS THE ORDIES HOMEFIELD”

(Dauphin County)

I was at a shooting range one time and a guy there had one. to say the least it was a hand cannon

(Mercer County)

I have a .454 Casull Freedoms Arms and Smith & Wesson .500 Magnum that I hunt with. I hunt Elk, Moose, and Bear with these two big bores.

oracle
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast