Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Frist Sandy Hook Lawsuit $100MM- school safety is referred to

The child is suing for $100MM because he heard screaming, cursing and gunshots over the intercom and is now in distress. It could be about money, but it could also be about making the point that schools are not safe.

http://news.yahoo.com/claim-seeks-10...003646074.html
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Frist Sandy Hook Lawsuit $100MM- school safety is referred to

Shameful.

Kids are DEAD and someone is suing over THIS?

I guess it's the American way.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

No place is 100% safe, even the White House. Just like checking shoes for bombs gives us an illusion of safety for air travel, putting armed guards in schools will do little for real safety. If I was nut ball and I knew that there was an armed guard in the place that I was going to attack, I would identify and kill the guard first.

I have been disgusted by everyone milking this tragedy for money. The lawsuit, unfortunately, it's the only way that administrators and government bodies will take the threat in schools seriously. They have a legal obligation to protect childredn and the fact is that this has never happened in a school where teachers carry. I'm not advocating that, just saying. That said, these incidents are so infrequent I don't know what the answer is. You can't stop a suicidal criminal, you just can't. I think limiting the carnage is where the focus of these suits will be.
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Philadelphia County)

They'd best check he wasn't actually in school in West Chester, PA at the time.

(Schuylkill County)

They should throw this lawsuit out and make public this parent that wants to get rich quick by the deaths of 20 children. What a dirtbag. That's probably the same parent that had their kid on 10 different news stations to get their 15 minutes of fame

(Schuylkill County)

This is not the American way, we got where we are by working harder than the rest of the world, not by suing and leaching off the working folk.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post
    I have been disgusted by everyone milking this tragedy for money. The lawsuit, unfortunately, it's the only way that administrators and government bodies will take the threat in schools seriously. They have a legal obligation to protect childredn and the fact is that this has never happened in a school where teachers carry. I'm not advocating that, just saying. That said, these incidents are so infrequent I don't know what the answer is. You can't stop a suicidal criminal, you just can't. I think limiting the carnage is where the focus of these suits will be.

Originally Posted by americanr1
    They should throw this lawsuit out and make public this parent that wants to get rich quick by the deaths of 20 children. What a dirtbag. That's probably the same parent that had their kid on 10 different news stations to get their 15 minutes of fame
    I think both these quotes sum it up for me.
    Last edited by harty; December 29th, 2012 at 12:06 AM.

(Mercer County)

I'm sure it is the parents trying to make a quick buck. Sue for 100 million and hope to settle for a mill or two. It's bullshit no doubt. Think this is bullshit? just wait until some scumbag lawyer (gun lawyer excluded) decides to sue the gun manufacturer.... Think it can't happen???? Look at cigarettes..... If guns are next, we are all truely screwed.
    You can't fix stupid....... So I try to ignore Liberals!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post
    I thought the supremes ruled that the police don't have a duty to protect? Is that only for adults, and children must be protected ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast