Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default LAX AMMO factory 9mm Reloads.. Good or junk?

Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I want some plinker rounds to target practice/etc... It would be strictly for "joy" shooting, no home defense or anything.... Think this would be a poor buy?

I would be shooting it out of a Ruger P95 if that helps..

Default Re: LAX AMMO factory 9mm Reloads.. Good or junk?

bump just in case someone has info

100% guarantee. You can't even get that with WM as they don't give refunds on ammo. Don't see anything on the web site referring to how many times a case has been reloaded, so I'd ask if you order some. Every squib I've had was from a factory reload. The smallest amount of corrosion inside a case may be undetected in a mass produced environment, and it could be the one that gets through and causes a bullet to get hung up in your barrel. I don't know anything about Lax; they may be a great company, but as I said, before, I'd at least inquire about the cases and the amount they have been reused.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Allegheny County)

I know nothing about the company you asked about and I don't know anything about the one I'm giving you a link to, but I just ordered a case of 9mm from them since after factoring in shipping it equates to the same price as WWB at Wmart -$25/100 (new mfg. - reloads are slightly less) and I can't find 9mm on a shelf around here for less than $18/50 rds.

http://www.freedommunitions.com/category-s/1818.htm

FWIW, WWB at WM is only $24 which is $.02 more per round than the Lax, and you don't have shipping charges. I have found WWB to be the most consistant, cheap ammo out there and it is worthy enough to use for slow fire and actually get very good groups and rarely any flyers, and the flyers aren't even too bad compared to UMC flyers which won't even hit the bottom of the backboard at 50 yds. You want to rate how good cheap ammo is? Put your gun in a rest and shoot it at 50 yds and see how it groups. It tells the tale.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I know nothing about the company you asked about and I don't know anything about the one I'm giving you a link to, but I just ordered a case of 9mm from them since after factoring in shipping it equates to the same price as WWB at Wmart -$25/100 (new mfg. - reloads are slightly less) and I can't find 9mm on a shelf around here for less than $18/50 rds.

Darn, I meant to tell him if you can even find WWB on a shelf. There are 3 WM's 15 min or less from my home and none of them have any WWB ammo in 9 mm and hardly any .40. Tula must be the anti christ of ammo cause they got a box in there been around for 2 weeks and no one has bought it, yet.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

I have bought from them. I am working through 500 rounds of their "Blaster" training ammo in 9mm. That is their 2nds quality reloads. So for it has been fine. I also got 250 rounds of their new 9mm 124gr. JHP. I have had light strikes in my LC9 but no problems in my SR9 using the hollow points.
    Live Free or Die! FJB!!!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by chkrdflg View Post
    I have bought from them. I am working through 500 rounds of their "Blaster" training ammo in 9mm. That is their 2nds quality reloads. So for it has been fine. I also got 250 rounds of their new 9mm 124gr. JHP. I have had light strikes in my LC9 but no problems in my SR9 using the hollow points.
    I also have purchased from Freedomunitions. I picked up a 1000 rnd case of their 5.56 Blaster ammo. Went through about 300-400 of it already with not a single issue.

Brass looked like it was shot out of a M249. I heard the M249 tends to dent cases. The ammo I got had small dents on them. The all shot fine though. I retrieved the brass once I was done shooting and inspected all the brass. They are now all fire formed to my ARs. I look forward to reloading the brass.