Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default CIA M70AB2 Yugo AK47 Underfolder - Timing is Everything

CIA M70AB2 Yugo AK47 Underfolder
    (Century International Arms)

I picked it up a few weeks ago - my first "high quality" AK. (I have a WASR I bought in 2008)

For more than a month, I had been posting "WTB" ads looking for another inexpensive AK - I didn't care much about the condition, so long as it functioned, but got no bites - even after posting a photo of the $500 CASH I had on hand for such a purchase.

I got an offer to buy this one and while it was more than the $500 I wanted to spend, it was also not a WASR (every one I saw was listed for $500/$550 used) and appeared to be in excellent condition.
    I thought it over for a day and said "screw it" - $650 - SOLD.

Had I not been told it was used, I would have assumed it had never been fired.

Random bits of info:

Black polymer hand guard.
    While I prefer the look of wood, I was pleasantly surprised that this material is rock-solid, and not at all flimsy, as I had feared.

Parkerized 1.5mm receiver, bulged rpk trunion (and a dimple! I finally have the DIMPLE! LOL!)
    Yeah, it really is heavier.

Polished bolt/carrier. Mmmm... shiny.

Slant muzzle brake.
    Tapco G2 trigger.
    No mag wobble, sights look good.
    Came with cleaning rod, magazine, and black, nylon sling.

Stock operates smoothly. It has slight movement when locked open - none side to side, but it has about 1/4" play up/down.

Can be fired with stock folded.
    Stock has notch on right side that allows safety to be manipulated even with stock folded.

And now for a crapload of photos!

(Warren County)

Thumbs up Re: CIA M70AB2 Yugo AK47 Underfolder - Timing is Everything

very nice underfolder you have there...... very nice indeed..... I have a Vector underfolder that I really like, alot like yours only with wood....... Enjoy and thanks for sharing!

here's a pic of mine with my Zasava ak......
    Last edited by chez323; December 27th, 2012 at 11:32 PM. Reason: added pic
    Tim , USAF Ret.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: CIA M70AB2 Yugo AK47 Underfolder - Timing is Everything

Good thing you got it when you did, what are they selling for now?

I know I picked up a Limited edition Colt 6920 FDE a while back. I had planned on shotting it but with recent events I think I'll keep it NIB. I have others to shoot so it's no big deal if I even shoot it.

(Lancaster County)

You may have seen this pic when I had it for sale in the classifieds but I figured Is share it with you so you can see your same gun with wood. You will enjoy it. BTW mine sold for 700 in ten minutes about a week ago. You did good

Sweet and I am jealous. I had been debating getting another rifle, but decided to wait until after the holidays. Not my best decision.

Enjoy the new rifle.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by chez323 View Post
    very nice underfolder you have there...... very nice indeed..... I have a Vector underfolder that I really like, alot like yours only with wood....... Enjoy and thanks for sharing!
    Thanks!

I really didn't want an underfolder, but since I wasn't getting any bites on anything else I wanted, I figured "what the heck - I already HAVE a fixed stock WASR - why not get the underfolder?"

I hate the "tactical" look on an AK, and since this isn't equipped with rails and such, I can "live with it" until I get replacement wood for it.

(Monroe County)

Great AK's Guys and the photography is superb.

I have the wood stock Yugo AK , superb Guns, and the triggers do get very nice after about 100 rounds or so.

Enjoy

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Good thing you got it when you did, what are they selling for now?

I know I picked up a Limited edition Colt 6920 FDE a while back. I had planned on shotting it but with recent events I think I'll keep it NIB. I have others to shoot so it's no big deal if I even shoot it.
    Tell me about it. I damned near passed on it because I didn't want to spend more than $500!

I thought the polished nickel .45ACP Rock Island Armory 1911 I just bought for $350 was the best deal I ever got, but seeing these Yugos sell for $1,500 and up on GB, I think this may now be the best move I ever made!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Tell me about it. I damned near passed on it because I didn't want to spend more than $500!

I thought the polished nickel .45ACP Rock Island Armory 1911 I just bought for $350 was the best deal I ever got, but seeing these Yugos sell for $1,500 and up on GB, I think this may now be the best move I ever made!
    I here ya, almost sold a BCM rifle myself right before all this crap started, glad I didn't. It was going to fund another build but that went by the wayside real quick.
    Last edited by arjohnson; December 28th, 2012 at 12:39 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    <snip>

Had I not been told it was used, I would have assumed it had never been fired.

Random bits of info:

Black polymer hand guard.
    While I prefer the look of wood, I was pleasantly surprised that this material is rock-solid, and not at all flimsy, as I had feared.

Parkerized 1.5mm receiver, bulged rpk trunion (and a dimple! I finally have the DIMPLE! LOL!)
    Yeah, it really is heavier.

Polished bolt/carrier. Mmmm... shiny.

Slant muzzle brake.
    Tapco G2 trigger.
    No mag wobble, sights look good.
    Came with cleaning rod, magazine, and black, nylon sling.

Stock operates smoothly. It has slight movement when locked open - none side to side, but it has about 1/4" play up/down.

Can be fired with stock folded.
    Stock has notch on right side that allows safety to be manipulated even with stock folded.

<snip>
    Sweet! Welcome to the Batman AK Klub! You now know why many of us are Yugo bigots.

Anyway, refurbed Yugo parts kits built with Tapco G2 trigger group, NoDak/Dan Coonan Ind "Yugo" recvr, (BTW - notice your NDS/DCI recvr is cut to allow a double-hook trigger), US-made poly furniture, Green Mtn Barrel.

I once scoured the planet to find decent, Yugo M70AB2 Euro-Elm furniture - but ended up swapping the black poly back on as it gives it a more modern look - and it works great.
    I don't waste ammo on bumpfiring dumps, so it'll never get hot enough to "melt" as the story goes. Regardless, I wrapped the barrel in a section of soda-can aluminum under the handguards as a crude heat-shield.

I too use a black nylon sling from Winchester that fits like it was issued to the gun so as to complete the "Nightfighter" look. I did a para-cord wrap on the stock rail for comfort.

Lastly, these hefty M70's shoot GREAT, IMHO.

I once had a PolyTech AKS762 fixed-butt in preban config - sweet CHICOM trigger and fat Chu wood and all - but happily liquidated it after a multi-mag back/back "shoot off" to determine the real keeper between the PolyTech and the mixmaster Yugo. I just liked the Yugo better. You will too.

Have fun and a great holiday season!

ETA: Those refurbed Yugo parts sets are almost assuredly combat vets from their civil war of the 90's, made before Zastava became "from Serbia".

ETA2: I just seen one of these at a smallish LGS around PGH about 2 weeks ago. Was under $700. Phils Archery.
    Last edited by nfafan; December 28th, 2012 at 04:35 AM.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast