Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Basic Defensive Carbine (Full 3-day Course)

Sorry to miss you.

In truth, I don't know who is behind what pseudonum here, so I don't even know if we ever met. But I'm still sorry to miss you.

Have fun camping. Let's hope there's enough interest for a second course in August . . . before the stink bugs really invade.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Basic Defensive Carbine (Full 3-day Course) [THIS COURSE IS NOW FULL]

This course is now full.

PFDC will be running one just like it in August. It is not yet finally scheduled, but watch these pages.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Basic Defensive Carbine (Full 3-day Course) [THIS COURSE IS NOW FULL]

So who else here is going to be in this class?

I'm looking forward to this.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    So who else here is going to be in this class?

I'm looking forward to this.
    Sorry I can't make it. Already had plans for that weekend.

Take some pics and post them for us to enjoy.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Allegheny County)

Just got home ate and showered. I am not going to do a lengthy after action report but I am going to highly recommend this course. My plan is to take this course again. Yes I will absolutely, positively take this course again. I kick myself in the butt for not taking it years ago.

I learned even more than I expected to learn. Pete's team of assistants are of the highest caliber! They have a wealth of knowledge and are willing to share it. Thank you Pete, Col Santos, Tony F, Don Wilson, Harry S, and Phil (get well). I can't say enough positive things about these gentleman.

This class made me aware of many things about the carbine I didn't know and gave me drills to practice going forward. I also learned about gear and what works and what doesn't work. Yes I have a couple minor gear adjustment plans.

If you want to learn how to operate the carbine without any bravado or BS you will be more than satisfied with this course.
    Last edited by DaveM55; May 19th, 2013 at 07:19 PM.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

^^^ this. It was nice putting it all together this afternoon with Tony's scrambler, Pete's simulator course, and the qualifier. The simulator was a great course, going down into the woods n'at. It was a real eye-opener. Even though I did a great job with the poppers hiding in the brush, I was a dismal failure in controlling the situation. Definitely makes me want to take a tactics class.

I also got some good practice clearing double-feeds. Too bad I had to do it in the middle of my qualifier, lol!

Thanks Pete, great class. I learned a lot. Any tactics classes coming up this year?

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the kind words, guys. It was a pleasure, and I hope you continue honing those skills and picking up experience. We will have one of these in October, with a night component.

Meantime, course reviews are better posted in the "Tactics and Training" section, above. Otherwise, a course that is already over keeps going to the top of the course announcement list.

If you want to add some panache, call it an "after action report."

See ya.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345