Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Reloading?

(Fayette County)

Default Reloading?

Hello everyone. I'm new to this site and my dad and i want to start loading our own bullets. I've been reading about it but I am not comfortable doing it on my own. I was wondering if anyone would mind letting me watch them load some ammo and teach me how to do it. (Properly). I am in the army and live in Johnstown, pa during the week. On the weekends I usually go to my parents house in Uniontown pa. So of anyone around either of those areas wouldnt mind teaching me I would really appreciate it.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Reloading?

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service. It's a good idea to look for guidance when first starting to reload. When I started reloading as an adult about 5yrs ago, I didn't have anyone, but did watch videos on youtube and bought several books and read them quite a few times over before jumping in. Loading straight wall pistol rounds are the easiest-45acp, 38spl, 357mag,44spl, 44mag, and 9mm to name a few. Rifle rounds are bit more involved. Get yourself some books like Lee and/or Speer, watch some videos on youtube and hopefully someone close by will also aid you. Good luck.

(Cambria County)

Try going down to Daisytown sportsman's club and ask around , there are many reloaders there and I'm sure someone will be willing to help you out .

If I could get around a little better , I'd help you out . If you can't find anyone in a week or two , contact me .
    DAN

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    Get yourself some books like Lee and/or Speer, watch some videos on youtube and hopefully someone close by will also aid you. Good luck.
    +1 on the Lee Book, I bought it about a year before I got up the courage (I'm no a big fan of stuff blowing up in my face )to start reloading myself. Luckily, my father reloads and he was just a phone call away. Richard Lee does a good job of explaining the basics.

Keep in mind, that like any reloading book written by a manufacturer, he does promote his products throughout the book. I have to say I like alot off Lee's stuff, but my bench has just about every color of the rainbow on it.
    I want your vz.33

(Somerset County)

I like the beginners section in the Lyman manual. Also the book ABC's of reloading has a ton of information although some folks find it to be a bit on the 'dry' side as reading material.

I'm moving to Somerset but won't have my equipment moved until after June. Hopefully somebody comes along sooner than that.

Dale

(Fayette County)

thank you for the quick responses. notenoughguns thank you for mentioning daisytown sportsmens club I was just looking into them today and im definately going to stop down there to see if anyone will help.