Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .22 RIFLES

(Pike County)

Default Re: .22 RIFLES

The Romanian M1969's could be found on the internet for $120, which is a nice 5 shot bolt action rifle. However in the past month they seem to be sold out...

(Lebanon County)

Savage Mark II with CCI standard velocity, perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    I'm looking for a new one as I only have a single shot. I've had a Marlin 60 stainless before and lean in that direction but am considering all of them. I know the 10/22 has accesories up the wazoo but I'm not looking for a tactical rimfire, just a wood stock rifle...matbe a scope in the future. I'm mostly going to plink with it but would hunt rabbit and squirrel and erraticate my buddies farm of chipmunks. I would like to keep it under $200 for the rifle and would like to keep it simple as well.
    I would fall in the direction you are already leaning, brother. The Marlin 60 is an excellent gun.. I should know, I have mine sitting next to me with the scope I added to it this Christmas via my wife. I would suggest sticking to the Marlin 60 or, as you mentioned, picking up a Ruger 10/22.. The upside of the 10/22 to me has always been the detachable magazines.. The Marlin 60 I would venture to call a better gun, but the 10/22 does have a few things that would make it an excellent choice as well.

(Crawford County)

For rabbit, squirrel, and chipmunk, you can't go wrong with a Crosman Venom Dusk Nitro piston .177! Pair it off with a decent hollowpoint pellet, or something similar and you have a lethal combination in critter-gitter!

And yeah, I have one. Even with the cheap-assed cross point scope that came with it, mine is a tack driver at 40 yards. Haven't tried a longer range yet, since my personal range is under construction (read, still in the planning stages).
    "When I hit it, I expect it to fall the hell down and die!"

So yesterday I went to my friends house to hang out and give them their Christmas gifts cause we have been sick and his wife had surgery so we had not seen them. So we were talking about my new truck and how I was looking for a 22 rifle and how I went to 3 different shops and didn't find anything I liked enough to buy. So he turns to me and says don't buy one I have 3 you can have one. So we get back to the house after getting diesel for the kubota and he gives me a choice of which one i want so picked a marlin- glenfield model 25 with a scope on it, it is in excellent shape. I asked what he wanted for it he said nothing take it; I said I can't do that let me give you something, he said no again and told me to take it. So needless to say I have a beautiful new rifle that must be 25 years old or more and I can't believe he gave it to me for nothing. On the way home my wife and I decided to take him and his wife out for a nice dinner as a thank you. I truly have great friends.

(Franklin County)

So yesterday I went to my friends house to hang out and give them their Christmas gifts cause we have been sick and his wife had surgery so we had not seen them. So we were talking about my new truck and how I was looking for a 22 rifle and how I went to 3 different shops and didn't find anything I liked enough to buy. So he turns to me and says don't buy one I have 3 you can have one. So we get back to the house after getting diesel for the kubota and he gives me a choice of which one i want so picked a marlin- glenfield model 25 with a scope on it, it is in excellent shape. I asked what he wanted for it he said nothing take it; I said I can't do that let me give you something, he said no again and told me to take it. So needless to say I have a beautiful new rifle that must be 25 years old or more and I can't believe he gave it to me for nothing. On the way home my wife and I decided to take him and his wife out for a nice dinner as a thank you. I truly have great friends.
    How great is that
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

(Philadelphia County)

That's a good friend. Marlin 25s are great rifles.

Hey man, congratulations that is great!

Thanks guys for all the feedback. I just ordered 2 more mags for the rifle as I only got 1 with it. I can't believe the condition it's in...it's damn near 99% fired very little, there is a small amount of rust on the barrel near the rear sight but we're slowly working on that. Went to go shoot it yesterday and the same friend took me along to buy some more guns and ammo and I ended up getting a 525 pack of 22lr ammo from him for nothing also....
    Then we got side tracked by the new Yugo M70 he bought!
    Never fired my 22.

(Jefferson County)

I'm looking for a new one as I only have a single shot. I've had a Marlin 60 stainless before and lean in that direction but am considering all of them. I know the 10/22 has accesories up the wazoo but I'm not looking for a tactical rimfire, just a wood stock rifle...matbe a scope in the future. I'm mostly going to plink with it but would hunt rabbit and squirrel and erraticate my buddies farm of chipmunks. I would like to keep it under $200 for the rifle and would like to keep it simple as well.
    FYI - chipmunks are absolutely protected in PA. No hunting or dispatching is allowed(may be possible for property/crop damages though).
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12