Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Smile Re: Mass Shootings, William Cooper, Conspiracies, and the 2A

I recommend "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross. (Out of print, but poke around and you'll find a .pdf on the web)

Second recommendation "An Act of Self-defense" by Erne Lewis" about $4 as I recall on Amazon for Kindle or the free Kindle Reader App

Third, if you find you like the genre, "Enemies Foreign and Domestic" by Matthew Bracken, the first of a 3 book series, also on Amazon for Kindle or the free Kindle Reader App

If you find those 4 stimulating you can message me and I can recommend more.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Mass Shootings, William Cooper, Conspiracies, and the 2A

Quote Originally Posted by FTNWO View Post
    So....thoughts?
    The WTC twin towers were attacked by terrs in 1993. One of the people who was involved in that bombing helped create "Operation Bojinka". One of the parts of this plot was to attack the CIA HQ at Langley with an airliner.

There was one bomb attack on an airliner that opened the passenger compartment and killed one passenger. The bomb was on carry on luggage or in the hold.

Same guy involved with both incidents before he got arrested in Pakistan. His name is Ramsi Yousef. He's still in jail. All of the above came out in his trial.

The Gore Commission had a list of recommended security measures. The airlines didn't want it so the Clinton Administration didn't push the issue. There was also the "Firewall" issue, keeping the FBI and CIA separated - Clinton did not seem to trust the CIA.

Bill Cooper paid a bit more attention than the average person to what was going at the time so that's good on him.

How he know about Osama bin Laden? Dunno.
    Last edited by GeneCC; December 29th, 2012 at 02:18 AM.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Mass Shootings, William Cooper, Conspiracies, and the 2A

Quote Originally Posted by FTNWO View Post
    The government encouraged the manufacture and importation of military firearms for criminal use.
    There have been military pattern firearms around for years. The M-1 Carbine has been made for decades. I think the first semi auto AR-15s were around in the late 1960s, but I'm not sure about that.

Chances are that the "Assault Weapon" got popular because Josh Sugarmann made them into a "social evil". He wanted to create a legal precedent to ban handguns. Instead his screwy thinking created a new kind of Forbidden Fruit.

Once you make stuff forbidden some people want it more.

Same mindset for owning a muscle car or crotch rocket. It's a power thing. Most of the time this just a harmless hobby. Sometimes someone gets some dumb idea and gets in over their heads.

I'd guess that the rise of SWAT teams encouraged some criminals to arm themselves in a like manner. I think that SWAT teams began in the 1970s. Probably if SWAT teams used flame throwers criminals would buy or make them too. "An Equalizer".

I don't believe that some Secret Shadow Government agency wants criminals to buy pretend machineguns. I think it's about being equal to the SWAT teams and a power trip for some criminals. Drug gangs still use sawed off shotguns and regular handguns because they work well too.
    Last edited by GeneCC; December 29th, 2012 at 02:20 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12