Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Lightbulb Eliminate armed guards for the President, Vice President... establish gun free zones.

Gun free zones can make everyone safer! Petition *nm
    Last edited by sk1dplate; December 27th, 2012 at 02:17 AM.

(Delaware County)

Talking Re: Eliminate armed guards for the President, Vice President... establish gun free zo

Um,

No.

Much as I may dislike the current administration, as most here do, I'm still not interested in exposing them, or their families to the obvious risk this proposal espouses.

On the other hand, if this is simply rhetoric in an effort to make a point; Why bother. Does ANYONE believe this is going to move, even 1/4" in any direction, the position the current administration holds?

Why not just stand in front of the White House and yell, "Stop trying to force us to give up our guns!!" and see how well that works for you.

Silly concept, wasted effort, not going to influence anyone and doesn't help to reduce the frustration that gun control conversations cause here.

Why not put that same energy towards something more effective, like calling your congressman, or writing a letter to the editor of the Philadelphia Inquirer.

D

(Butler County)

Default Re: Eliminate armed guards for the President, Vice President... establish gun free zo

Don't sign that. It proves one's toolbaggery beyond the shadow of a doubt.

I don't care who is President or what his/her politics are. You don't want the person on the trigger of nukes and the most destructive military the world has ever known to feel bodily threatened. Ever.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Eliminate armed guards for the President, Vice President... establish gun free zo

You're right, this is stupid. I'll show myself out.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by sk1dplate View Post
    You're right, this is stupid. I'll show myself out.
    I'm not sure it's all that stupid.

As seen in this thread already, it's absolutely ridiculous to imagine not allowing armed protection for our political leaders.

Why is it any less ridiculous to disarm "civilians"? Are our lives worth less than those of our political leaders?

You cannot reason with anti-gunners. You must break their mindset. Even if one media outlet picked up on this petition, it might be enough to get people thinking about the logical inconsistency in allowing some Americans protection but not others.
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

(Montgomery County)

Sheesh, the President already lives in a Gun-Free Zone called Washington DC.